SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Board Management > The Garage
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 20th October 2005, 23:30
SoundMan

Default giving basic advice to new arrivals

This follows from the thread of the same title in SA room. Thought as its a bit technical it was better here.

Anne - have you thought about using the vBadvanced portal ? I think you need to upgrade to vBulletin 3.5 to use it, but it would allow you to set a couple of pages as a front end - but keeping the ability to display forum info on them. I'm working on someting similar for a website for my wife - I'm no expert yet - still getting my head around it all - but I think it might be away of putting some prominent info where it won't be missed - without putting to many obstacles in the way of forum access.

SoundMan
Old 20th October 2005, 23:43
Founder

Default Re: giving basic advice to new arrivals

We're gonna upgrade to 3.5, but upgrades have to be done when I have less stressful times at work. I didn't upgrade before because it was still a beta version until recently, but I'll try to do it over Christmas. I'll try to look into vbportal at the same time (I seem to remember there is a version for vb 3.0x as well though).

One thing to keep in mind about this is that the SAUK web page is available for more 'static' info and I'm sure they would welcome volunteers to add info. The board doesn't aim to replace the value of the main site-it's just one part of the whole We need to add better links to the info on the site though...
Anne
Closed Thread