Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 16th October 2016, 12:48

Mood
Thinking

Default Autumn into New Year

While I like this time of year, I hate the push and shove build up to Christmas. I quite like bonfire night apart from the crowds. If I don't want to go out then I can usually view a few fireworks. I hate Halloween ***55357;***56443; and trick or treat. I don't like fireworks going off post Nov 5th. Some bits of Christmas ***55356;***57221; I like, but generally want it to be over. New yeas day feels like groundhog day, but hey I get to have a good meal, and chance to return to normality after the madness of Christmas.
Old 3rd November 2016, 18:48

Mood
Thinking

Default Re: Autumn into New Year

Do you like this time of year?
Old 3rd November 2016, 20:04

Mood
Lurking

I absolutely loathe the period between October and the New Year.
I'm a Summer lover and like light and warmth, so I find Autumn and Winter horrible unless I go to a proper snowy country. I despise the retail festival that is Christmas and the misery and hardship it brings. I loathe the arson and criminal damage season around Halloween, Mischief Night and Bonfire Night.

If I had the money I'd spend this entire period abroad. I was in Ibiza just a couple of weeks ago and you'd hardly have known Commercialmas was just around the corner. A proper, religious Christian country but none of the crazy nonsense around Commercialmas that we get here. Same when I went to Barcelona mid November last year.

This country is mad, and at its worst at this time of the year.

Roll on Spring and Summer.
Old 3rd November 2016, 21:38

Mood
Thinking

Yes I agree, the cold dark days are the worse, scraping the ice away on the car. You do get some sunny days thankfully but never enough. I would love to give Christmas a miss and fly off to somewhere sunny. Alas ill jus have to make do with Christmas ***55356;***57221; which I usually end up lothing anyway by the time it arrives. Bah humbug!
Old 3rd November 2016, 22:27

This morning the trees on the hills outside my bedroom window were glowing with a red hue, the sky was red too, there was a chill in the air and i could see the breath of a crow that was cawing on top of a wooden fence. I was thinking how nice it all looked until someone, somewhere, began trying in vain to bring up some phlegm, they sounded like a car that wouldn't start "HEEUUARRCCCCCH...HEEUUARRCCCCCH...HEEUUARRCCCCCH. ..HEEUUARRCCCCCH ... ... ... ...HEEUUARRCCCCCH...HEEUUARRCCCCCH...HEEUUARRCCCCH ...HEEUUARRCCCCCHHHHH"
Old 3rd November 2016, 23:03
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Much as I love spring I do also have a soft spot for autumn, the changing colours of the trees and fresh mornings are nice.
The only thing I like about the winter is cold frosty mornings, which we don't seem to get many of these days.
As for Christmas well I like decorating the house but the day itself is usually a day of reflecting on another lonely and unfulfilling year gone by, so not good tbh.
New year is just another disappointment waiting to happen.

I realise these are negative thought patterns but as yet they haven't been disproved, who knows maybe this year they will be, it would be nice.
Old 4th November 2016, 07:52
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

I love Autumn. I prefer the cooler weather, love the colours of the changing trees and foliage. Like wacking the heating on and being snug on a dark night. Xmas I used to love and still like the atmosphere wandering through say town, I think it will be a lonely sad one this year as I will be on my tod, reflecting all that i've lost over the years. New year - indifferent.
It's actually Jan - March I usually hate. Dreary, dreak and depressing.
Old 5th November 2016, 22:03

Mood
Insomnious

The air deals blows: surely too hard, too often?
No: it is bent on bringing summer down.
Dead leaves desert in thousands, outwards, upwards,
Numerous as birds; but the birds fly away,

And the blows sound on, like distant collapsing water,
Or empty hospitals falling room by room
Down in the west, perhaps, where the angry light is.
Then rain starts; the year goes suddenly slack.

O rain, o frost, so much has still to be cleared:
All this ripeness, all this reproachful flesh,
And summer, that keeps returning like a ghost
Of something death has merely made beautiful,

And night skies so brilliantly spread-eagled
With their sharp hint of a journey***8211;all must disperse
Before the season is lost and anonymous,
Like a London court one is never sure of finding

But none the less exists, at the back of the fog,
Bare earth, a lamp, scrapers. Then it will be time
To seek there that ill-favoured, curious house,
Bar up the door, mantle the fat flame,

And sit once more alone with sprawling papers,
Bitten-up letters, boxes of photographs,
And the case of butterflies so rich it looks
As if all summer settled there and died.
Old 6th November 2016, 05:09

Mood
Balanced

I hate the cold weather, and loathe the long build up to Christmas roll on April.
Old 6th November 2016, 13:28

Mood
Balanced

^ seconded
Old 14th November 2016, 15:45

I'm generally not a fan of this time of year. I absolutely loathe dark mornings and getting up when it still feels like the middle of the night really does get me down . This is regardless of what time I've gone to bed the previous night. To me, when it's dark out and I'm still in bed - I should be sleeping. That's just how my body clock works.

The cold temperatures and the damp also tend to set off the arthritis I've had from childhood also. It's the same most years...

One positive about having Social Anxiety at this time of year though, in the run-up to Christmas, is that whilst others are panicking about what to buy family and friends, I can sit there and smile... Other than direct family, I have literally no one to buy for. Christmas is always cheap if you have no real friends...!

However to counter-act this relief, then comes new year... The feeling of yet another year over with no lifetime or social progressions whilst others around you simply plod on ahead making the same or less efforts than yourself. I cannot express just how lonely and upset I feel on New Year's Eve. It's got to the stage I now feel genuinely sick to the stomach.
Old 16th November 2016, 13:32

Mood
Pensive

I dont dislike any of the seasons they all have their unique gifts, but maybe thats because I'm a bit of a romantic and an (over sensitive) artist that I look for the beauty in things :-) I do hate getting cold and wet though (who wouldnt) but love crisp winter days walking all wrapped up with my dog. Christmas I tend to try and ignore to the best of my ability, unless I have a child here then I do my best to embrace it. Usually I buy a few gifts for my partner; step mum and sister then shut out the world for a week or so until all the nonsense has died down!