SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 11th October 2023, 16:17

Default Neurodivergence & Work

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZGJ34ss7J/

Interesting Tiktok
Old 11th October 2023, 16:30

Default Re: Neurodivergence & Work

Speaking of uni so far I think what workplaces and schools need is more than support staff to help neurodivergent people. With uni or school they need teaching methods that cater to neurodivergent students more and aren’t a one box fits all, this is how uni feels a bit so far. With with the environment needs to cater to different individuals. Almost every workplace I’ve been in seems to see being loud as outgoing as the right way to be. If you enjoy something that others don’t you are seen as somewhat wrong, like there must be something wrong with you.
Old 13th October 2023, 18:56

I think one might need targeted careers advice. God, I'm so envious of the successful ones.
Old 13th October 2023, 19:33

It's really important for work spaces to conduct an audit and carry out a staff survey to see how people feel in their work environment. Guaranteed that changes made to make a more inclusive work environment will benefit many people that work there.
Old 25th November 2023, 19:54

I'm wondering if there are charities for mental health/disability that don't just help you back into work, but help you find sustainable stuff that might be a bit better paid. Go through stuff with you. I feel Ineed my hand held, because I've always struggled, and my motivation is in the toilet. I keep going, but I won't get a baby at the end of it, but I get to settle down, afford stuff like private dental and transport and treats, so obviously worth it.
Old 28th November 2023, 18:34

My employer needs seriously to take a training course in (A) people management in general; and (2) people management and neurodivergency. So many times I wanted to tag them in social media when 'management courses' were being held, lol. I don't think I would be forgiven if I did. But it is literally soooooooo bad/backwards in recognising people's differences/needs that its almost like a spoof....
Old 29th November 2023, 22:01

There was a thing at work today where we went through scenarios essentially where a colleague needed to be called out about inappropriate behaviour. More than one set of people brought up the fact that it's very easy to say you need to 'speak up', but there may be some people lacking in confidence, are neurodivergent or have mental health issues that feel less able to. I was pretty impressed that that was widely recognised. There wasn't really a solution on how the original issue should be dealt with though.
Old 24th January 2024, 16:16