Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 1st February 2016, 17:33

Mood
Breezy

Default Just an update

Hey everyone,

It's been awhile since I posted, but since then, a few things have happened. Christmas was lonely as hell, but new years eve was quite good. Bumped into people I knew at college ages ago. There were a few out of depth situations here and there which I haven't brought-up.

As for new years resolutions, I've been cutting back on drinking to within safe limits, and have also started salsa classes (which I did years ago, but am picking-up where I left off). Although it's a good thing to get me out the house, to have a nice time and to practice social situations, most people are older than me and the group is quite small in numbers.

I'm going to Granada in Spain on the 20th feb to visit a friend who works there teaching english as a foreign language. So far I've booked the outward flight and 7 days in a backpacker hostel; the plan being I decide the rest of the trip whilst I'm down there depending on how I feel. Since I'm staying in hostels, in addition to my friend and his circle to meet up with, and couchsurfing and meet-up groups around (with folks my age rather than my parents age), I certainly won't be imprisoned in my room. There certainly won't be any shortage of opportunity to practice socially and to meet new people. I'm really looking forward to it.
Old 2nd February 2016, 17:45

Default Re: Just an update

Sounds like you're making some good progress there

The Spain plan sounds great. I've stayed in hostels before and they certainly will get you used to being around different kinds of people. I found that they were mostly the laid back and not so judgmental types as well. I hope you have a great time.
Old 4th February 2016, 21:44

Mood
Breezy

Default Re: Just an update

Yeah, you're quite right about non-judgemental laid-backt types. I've also stayed in hostels and volunteer work-camps before, similar open, laid-back, easy-to-get-on-with sort of folk. In fact, the best social opportunity locally has been a couchsurfing meet. The thing I'm looking forward to most is the ease of access to a good social life. I'll also have my friend to meet-up with and some of his friends. There'll also be the opportunity to do language exchange. I'm really looking forward to practicing my Spanish.