SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 25th June 2007, 11:47

Default was kind to myself

This wekend my congregation went to a big convention at Stoke held in a football ground. There would be mny other congregations there and the crowds would be massive. I did think about going but i did not have the courage to ask anyone for a lift. When i thought of the crowds i just got too scared so i did not go. In the past i have given myself such a hard time about it and had a misrable time at home feeling guilty and angry with myself .This weekend i did things different and refused to give myself a hard time. i feel a lot less stressed about it.
Old 25th June 2007, 18:36

Mood
Sad

Default Re: was kind to myself

"i did things different and refused to give myself a hard time"

That's good, I think people give themselves too much of a hard time when they cannot do something, and it only make things worse.
Old 25th June 2007, 19:06

Glad you have found a way to beat the stress. I am sure if you feel more relaxed with yourself you will feel like you can face more in the future
Old 26th June 2007, 10:45

Well Done Goodeone for not beating yourself up over it. I am terrible for that, I always guilt trip myself for things that I haven't felt up to doing and end up feeling miserable for the whole day. Far better when you have made a definite decision to just enjoy your day.
Closed Thread