SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 29th April 2011, 00:11

Mood
Musical

Default Gullivers travels ( Please read it was a very stoned thought)

I was watching Gullivers travels today and I thought to myself.. If I was the one huge guy in a city of tiny people, would I feel less or more anxious?
Old 29th April 2011, 00:14

Default Re: Gullivers travels ( Please read it was a very stoned thought)

Everyone would be staring!
Old 29th April 2011, 00:30

Mood
Musical

Haha I guess but in amazement not in a judgmental way.. Sorry I don't really know what I was getting at with this topic, it was a very stoned thought lol. All I know is, Jack Black is a complete ledge
Old 29th April 2011, 01:28

Hell yeah! Is Gulliver's Travels any good then? From what I remember of the trailer it looked very mediocre.

No need to apologise. Just wish I was stoned too.
Old 29th April 2011, 01:34

Mood
Insomnious

I'd live in constant fear of stepping on someone. Which is obvious but I'm saying it would up the anxiety.
Old 29th April 2011, 01:34

Mood
Musical

Haha I only had one joint literally and I was on my ass xD but now I'm in the same position as you.. wouldn't mind having a smoke!

Yeah it's pretty cool, the idea of being a giant in a city of people the size of your finger just made it for me lol, but as a film it's pretty funny and has some good actors, i'd recommend it!
Old 29th April 2011, 12:40

Hey, no need to apologise, this topic has pedigree! I once listened to a self-help tape that recommended something like this as a visualisation exercise.

The suggestion was that if you were going to go into a situation with someone who intimidated you, to imagine beforehand that this person was really, really small, and to play out the scene in your head and see if you still felt intimidated. Other variations were imagining that the person had a squeaky voice or that they were wearing ridiculous clothes.

There are other places where I've come across this theme. I once listened to a talk given by a hospital doctor, who mentioned that a senior doctor who he once worked under really frightened him. He explained that he beat this fear by imagining that the senior doc was in the nude whenever he had to interact with him.

I couldn't make this stuff up.
Old 29th April 2011, 14:44
Banned

every day life for me
Old 1st May 2011, 01:24

Mood
Musical

I completely forgot about this thread! Sorry I didn't meen to ignore your comments back

@Potential - That's really interesting man, have you formally tried it and is it affective?

@Cavegirl - Haha yeah those damn urchins would piss me off royally! xD

@BFG - How tall are you? I'm 6 foot 2 so I'm not exactly short
Old 1st May 2011, 08:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.person
@Potential - That's really interesting man, have you formally tried it and is it affective?
I would like to give it a try, however in my current situation I don't regularly see any specific person who intimidates me. I intend to start some new voluntary work soon, so if I end up working with anyone awful, I'll remember this and keep you posted.
Old 1st May 2011, 10:03

Mood
Cloud_9

Well if i was as tall as jack black in that movie, i'd kill myself (sorry for being so negative) everyone else is normal, like what is he going to have sex with a tree ! he cnt live being a giant lol, okay im laying in bed, literally just woke up so excuse me for being totally weird. (ok maybe he could have sex with a building )
He'll make a bloody good boat though, let all the lil people sit on him, while they float across the ocean.
Okay dude who made this thread, i need to actually see gullivers travels properly! meh i dnt have a comp to watch it on
This is one cool stoned topic though, wish i could go bk to the days of getting stoned and just watch t.v/films and trip out on insane thoughts, but i'd get to paranoid! i am such a twat LOLZ.
Closed Thread