SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 1st May 2016, 15:33

Mood
Creative

Default Sectioning my brother.

I've been seriously considering this of late as his mental health has really plummeted, he's reporting demons at work/home and is getting more delusional, he also has a very bad speed/coke habit which is like pouring petrol on a fire when dealing with mental health issues. My family seem to think the same and are gravely concerned. He was seeking help but now thinks the world is mad and not himself.

Has anyone had to do this with a relative before?
Old 2nd May 2016, 01:04
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Default Re: Sectioning my brother.

It would be up to the nearest relative to apply to the hospital managers for him to be admitted compulsorily though that option is seldom used.

http://www.mentalhealthcare.org.uk/m...arest_relative
Old 7th May 2016, 15:52

Default Re: Sectioning my brother.

I haven't had to do it yet. But me and my mother are extremely close to with my sister. She's not violent(yet), but her behavior is so extremely draining mentally for both me and my mum, that we're on the brink of breaking point. I myself think she is either going through schizophrenia, psychosis or both combined. Recently I've been recording everything secretly on my phone(video) whenever she goes off the rails. Because whenever she is seen by a mental professional, all they see is a bit of PTSD and depression. If they were to see the hours of footage I've now got, they wouldn't be saying the same thing.