SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 15th April 2015, 10:01

Mood
Sad

Default Re: What are you worried about right now?

My procedure I'm having done on Friday ... ( abdominal and transvaginal ultrasound) ....
Old 15th April 2015, 11:52

A lot of things
Old 17th April 2015, 08:38

Confronting some workmen about scaffolding left outside my shop. At least I've got a smart tight dress on, it will go well with the "do I look like I give a ****?" expression I'm about to hit them with.
Old 17th April 2015, 13:31

^Got them to sweep up afterwards too
Old 17th April 2015, 13:55

There's a serious possibility that I could fall asleep at work tonight.
Old 17th April 2015, 16:54

How inarticulate I can be in real conversation if I'm not feeling tip-top, which is a lot of the time.
Old 17th April 2015, 21:19

The multitude of things that could happen, that are completely outside of my control, that could lead to my next big project becoming a failure, and that that failure would have a significant detrimental impact on my career (got an email that says this directly to me, so that's not an overstatement...)

I need to learn to trust that other people will actually be reliable...
Old 18th April 2015, 11:42

^^ Thanks, Ryan. Maybe. I've been told what amounts to it in the past though, and that's hard to shake.
Old 18th April 2015, 11:59

That I'll once again not motivate myself enough to book in to the bicycle maintenance course I've found on-line that would leave me with a level of accreditation afterwards that would probably help me look for jobs in the cycling industry.
Old 19th April 2015, 10:37

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Appear
How inarticulate I can be in real conversation if I'm not feeling tip-top, which is a lot of the time.
I sometimes feel inarticulate in conversation, even if I am feeling tip-top.
Old 19th April 2015, 12:47

This job searching thing. I'm supposed to do like 5 hours of searching every week and write what I've done, but I don't know what to write. It doesn't help that I literally never actually look for a job. I think when I go in on Tuesday I'll just leave this behind and say I forgot it or lost it or something. I do that all the damn time though; pretend that I forgot something just to avoid a bit of awkwardness.

Anyway, I'll tell them that I didn't know what to write and maybe they'll give me a better idea. I also need to remember to specifically ask them to put me on courses and stuff, not because I care about qualifications or anything (even though I need them) but because it'll give me a way of being around people and get me out of this house on hopefully a regular basis.
Old 19th April 2015, 12:54

Mood
Chatty

My cat. Its been a few days since he's done a dump. He used to go a lot before I swapped to Iams food ((Sometimes three times a day!) It was recommended to us since he's an indoor cat, as well as different biscuits). If he's not been by tomorrow will have to call the vet :S .
Old 19th April 2015, 13:15

Mood
Chatty

^^^ Thanks
Old 19th April 2015, 17:26

Mood
Lonely

I ordered some clothes online the other day, now I've realised I will be home alone when they are delivered. I never answer the door and just the sound of the doorbell and knowing that someone is there makes me terrified. I wish I had normal thinking.
Old 19th April 2015, 17:28
Banned at own request

Can you add a note for the courier ? To leave around the side or something,if you have a safe place of course.

I am the same with the door so you are not alone.
Old 19th April 2015, 17:35

Mood
Lonely

Thanks. No I've tried tracking the order to see if I can edit the delivery ect. but it keeps coming up with error. So annoying.
I will leave a note on the front door saying no one is home, please leave at side but even then (past instances) they still ring the doorbell numerous times.
Old 19th April 2015, 17:38
Banned at own request

Just hide, try not to beat yourself up about it though, that's what I do. It amazes me how long people can stay at the door knocking away.

You never know, you may find the strength.
Old 19th April 2015, 17:43

Mood
Lonely

I do hide every time lol I doubt very much that I will ever be able to answer the door.
Thanks though!
Old 19th April 2015, 17:44

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimplesxo
I ordered some clothes online the other day, now I've realised I will be home alone when they are delivered. I never answer the door and just the sound of the doorbell and knowing that someone is there makes me terrified. I wish I had normal thinking.
I never answer my door either. Its too scary. I missed a parcel this morning at it's been left with a neighbour. Trying to work up the courage to go knock on their door.
Old 19th April 2015, 17:48

Mood
Lonely

^ I don't ever ask my neighbours anything, I seriously wonder if they know I exist! I've rarely seen them, probably 5 times in 7 years. I did see one of them the other day though, and they said Hi.
Old 19th April 2015, 21:42

I am worried that I have stomach or esophagus cancer. While that might make me sound like a hypochondriac to me it is a very serious worry where it's affecting the decisions I make.

I wake up every morning feeling sick. It last for about 5 mins but today it lasted about 30. I have a constant lump feeling in my throat and chest. I can eat fine but when I drink it feels like there is a lump that wont flush down. The pain radiates into my back in the middle. I seem to keep bringing up acid and have the odd burning here and there. I have an increased amount of saliva and phlegm. Sometimes I get very bloated after eating. I also keep burping a lot through the day. I also keep getting sharp pain in my lower left colon.

I have been to the doctors twice about this. I was given Omperazole and had a stool sample taken. After 3 weeks this pain went and that was about 8 months ago. It then came back for a few days but went on it own. I was then put on Lansoprazole which gives me the runs! my symptoms are worse than ever. I am in to see a doctor on the 1st of May. I know they will send me for a endoscopy because I was told I would need that next.

I can't help but think I have esophagus cancer that has spread to my colon. That must be the reason why I am getting sharp shooting pains in my colon.

It's driving me insane.

The other courses I have looked at are acid reflux but the symptoms seem different. I don't think it's acid reflux.
Old 19th April 2015, 23:44

^If I'm completely, totally honest, that sounds like acid reflux. I had it every day for years. Caused by stress and when it's chronic it's awful. I've had the endoscopy and it's fine - you think it's going to be awful and then it's completely fine Have you already been tested for H Pylori? Was that why stool sample?
Old 20th April 2015, 01:30
Banned at own request

Possibly worth looking into Hiatus hernia
Old 20th April 2015, 09:00

I've made plans to do stuff and now I have to do stuff.
Scary stuff.
Social stuff.
Old 20th April 2015, 12:36
Banned at own request

Knowing it doesn't matter doesn't stop me worrying. Everyone attending is probably doing the same thing. I would try to take your mind off it, try not to fall into the trap of over thinking it all. For social stuff I like to have a short period where I plan everything in as much detail as possible, route, times etc, and then just try to get involved in other stuff until just before I need to go.

Hope it goes well for you
Old 20th April 2015, 15:40

Mood
Lonely

Good luck Luna, the idea of even going to the group is amazing! Well Done for that.

So my parcels still haven't arrived and my Dad 'Forgot' to put a sign on the door! I've been sat in my room for ages trying to hide out. This sucks.
Old 20th April 2015, 15:54

Mood
Tired

Hope your group goes well, Luna.
Old 20th April 2015, 15:58
Banned at own request

Dimplesxo I only just found out that I am not the only person who does this I am probably not giving very good advice but if you are 100% sure you are not going to answer then dont work yourself up. Let them knock, let them think you are out, let them go away.

There really is no reason to cower or hide out or make yourself feel bad. You may associate that feeling with the door even more in future making it even worse. I have no fear or guilt when my door knocks any more, which is sooooo much better than before. Of course I don't answer it but that is for another day.

Of course if there is a possibility you can answer then do your best. Somebody else probably has better tips than me
Old 20th April 2015, 16:40

Mood
Lonely

trumpsy I've felt like this for longer than I remember. I haven't answered the door for about 6 years. Plus the phone keeps ringing so my anxiety right now is sky high!
Thanks though!
I'm gonna put in my earphones and try to chill out a bit.
Old 20th April 2015, 19:27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lookup86
I am worried that I have stomach or esophagus cancer. While that might make me sound like a hypochondriac to me it is a very serious worry where it's affecting the decisions I make.

I wake up every morning feeling sick. It last for about 5 mins but today it lasted about 30. I have a constant lump feeling in my throat and chest. I can eat fine but when I drink it feels like there is a lump that wont flush down. The pain radiates into my back in the middle. I seem to keep bringing up acid and have the odd burning here and there. I have an increased amount of saliva and phlegm. Sometimes I get very bloated after eating. I also keep burping a lot through the day. I also keep getting sharp pain in my lower left colon.

I have been to the doctors twice about this. I was given Omperazole and had a stool sample taken. After 3 weeks this pain went and that was about 8 months ago. It then came back for a few days but went on it own. I was then put on Lansoprazole which gives me the runs! my symptoms are worse than ever. I am in to see a doctor on the 1st of May. I know they will send me for a endoscopy because I was told I would need that next.

I can't help but think I have esophagus cancer that has spread to my colon. That must be the reason why I am getting sharp shooting pains in my colon.

It's driving me insane.

The other courses I have looked at are acid reflux but the symptoms seem different. I don't think it's acid reflux.

I think most of that can be caused by acid reflux which can be caused by stress so you could be stuck in a bit of a cycle of one causing the other.

I'm permanently on a prescription for omeprazole, otherwise I get oesophageal spasms which I used to worry was cancer all the time (and still do sometimes, I've never had an endoscopy).