SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 12th April 2024, 07:37

Default Re: Small things that annoy you (3)

^ it's very annoying, isn't it?
lol
Old 12th April 2024, 08:55

^ yeah! Hahah

In the past, it used to happen to my foot a lot and it would be a hair from our old dog that I'd have to tweezer out of my foot. I wonder what it is this time!
Old 12th April 2024, 09:09

^ Yes OMG, those hair splinters are even more stupid than wood splinters.
Old 12th April 2024, 09:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
^ yeah! Hahah

In the past, it used to happen to my foot a lot and it would be a hair from our old dog that I'd have to tweezer out of my foot. I wonder what it is this time!
I do believe we've found a new guessing game!

I also hope you are able to extract it!

Anyway,
Old 12th April 2024, 09:43

ahahahahah

GUESS WHAT'S IN MY FOOT.

Winner wins the penetrative object.
Old 16th April 2024, 09:40

When people "smile" for photos by just opening their mouth very wide.
Old 16th April 2024, 17:11

Mood
Tired

^
In a similar vein,.. when people complain that "you weren't smiling " in a particular picture.
Old 23rd April 2024, 14:08

My car's petrol filler being on the passenger side. Only had one other car like that (I think) and it was a Mk2 Fiesta.
Old 23rd April 2024, 14:18

Bet you can still reach it from the drivers side
Old 23rd April 2024, 15:51

^ You would be able to for sure
Old 25th April 2024, 18:42

Mood
Balanced

Rishi Sunak
Old 25th April 2024, 20:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylas
Rishi Sunak
Definitely agree.
Old 26th April 2024, 19:55

My period tracking app used to be incredibly accurate and now it's gone all out of sync. I'm really confused about when my next period is going to be and I sort of need to know. I might go back to a paper calendar to track it!
Old 27th April 2024, 18:24

The amount of gambling ads there are these days, at least on youtube. One after another after another. It must be horrible for anyone struggling with an addiction.

And they're all like 'GO ON HAVE A FLUTTER YOU GREAT BIG FANNY HA HA GOD BLESS though it's important to be aware of your limits we're very concerned about your well being'
Old 27th April 2024, 22:23

So-called 'auditors' on YouTube who go around aggressively antogonizing people in the street, including baiting the Police and people at their workplaces on industrial estates, in the name of so-called PINAC (Photography Is Not A Crime). It's nothing more than blatant shit-stirring to garner YouTube views for financial gain. Some of them come across as sociopaths.
Old Yesterday, 11:40

Mood
Lurking

^ I totally agree. We have had a few at the station I work at, they are nothing but Bell Ends. If they come up to the electric gates they get moved back onto the street. They're the people who give real photographers a bad name.
Old Yesterday, 13:39

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merritt
The amount of gambling ads there are these days, at least on youtube. One after another after another. It must be horrible for anyone struggling with an addiction.

And they're all like 'GO ON HAVE A FLUTTER YOU GREAT BIG FANNY HA HA GOD BLESS though it's important to be aware of your limits we're very concerned about your well being'
Totally agree,
There's absolutely TONS of these adverts on national TV channels as well,
Meanwhile, the people who run these companies become multi-millionaires while the poor shlubs who happen to have an addictive personality fall further and further into debt and self destruction,.. it's all pretty evil insidious stuff.
Old Yesterday, 17:04

Mood
Lurking

Same with all the adverts on freeview channels for charity lotteries, praying on theolder viewer.
Old Yesterday, 19:45

It feels even worse when they try to pretend they care. Their whole business is rinsing money out of people, and they're all 'Don't let us ruin your life too much, now'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee S
So-called 'auditors' on YouTube who go around aggressively antogonizing people in the street, including baiting the Police and people at their workplaces on industrial estates, in the name of so-called PINAC (Photograpy Is Not A Crime). It's nothing more than blatant shit-stirring to garner YouTube views for financial gain. Some of them come across as sociopaths.
It's those sort of people, and online 'influencers' in general, who make me all the more afraid to be outdoors. I honestly don't know what I'd do if someone shoved a camera in my face and followed me around, then posted the video online for thousands of people to laugh at. I think I'd genuinely want to top myself.
Old Yesterday, 20:21

Quote:
It feels even worse when they try to pretend they care. Their whole business is rinsing money out of people, and they're all 'Don't let us ruin your life too much, now'.

It's those sort of people, and online 'influencers' in general, who make me all the more afraid to be outdoors. I honestly don't know what I'd do if someone shoved a camera in my face and followed me around, then posted the video online for thousands of people to laugh at. I think I'd genuinely want to top myself.
Not too far from where I live, there are many villages that were built around coal mining, since that industry was killed in the 80s, these places are struggling with poverty.

In every one of the villages there are several bookies, placed strategically in these places to suck what little money there is out of the communities. The gambling industry is horribly vampiric. I detest it.
Old Yesterday, 21:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by humphrey
^ I totally agree. We have had a few at the station I work at, they are nothing but Bell Ends. If they come up to the electric gates they get moved back onto the street. They're the people who give real photographers a bad name.
Yes, they are just awful. The thing that baffles me is that they seem to have tons of followers on YouTube who are just as hopelessly deluded as they are.

Quote:

Yeah, they are very intimidating, Luke. It's deliberate provocation, I would hate it. A lot of them seem a bit lacking when intelligence was dished out. There is zero considertaion for people who may be mentally vulnerable because they couldn't care less.

And don't get me started on Charlie Veitch