SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 1st September 2005, 17:39

Default Advice/helpful suggestions please.

My daughter is having a bowling party on 9th September after school. My worry isn't about the kids and there is nothing to organise as the venue do everything, it's about having to play the hostess (something I find really difficult and hence have kept to a minimum over the years). The chances are that some of the 'bubbly' mums will stay for the whole party and over the last few weeks, I've gone over in my mind just about every 'cock up' I might make eg. having a bright red face and neck (guess I could wear a bag over my head !), looking uncomfortable and stiff and everybody thinking I'm generally 'weird'. I will have the support of my sister and and a friend as well as parents, but I will be glad when the whole darn thing is over. At least I am managing to tell myself that I've put my daughter first by arranging the party she wants, and my own uncomfortable feelings second. Anyway any helpful advice on how to deal with this would be gladly received. Incidently, I've just started CBT and will soon be doing an anxiety management course.

Cheers.

Lainey
Closed Thread