SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 28th May 2015, 20:24

Default Re: Small things that annoy you (3)

Itchy nipples
Old 28th May 2015, 20:35

YouTube's whole recommendation system is just the worst. If I watch even a few seconds of any kind of video, YouTube's like "yeah, he clearly loved it, show him nothing else". It's like if you went in to a shop and briefly looked at a can of peas, then the manager shows up and starts throwing cans of peas at you. I have to be so careful about what videos I look at because I know that YouTube will be recommending similar stuff for the next two weeks, and it just wont stop no matter how many times I click not interested.
Old 28th May 2015, 20:41

Mood
Lurking

Most Audi drivers I come across.
Old 28th May 2015, 20:43

Mood
Sweettooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP James
YouTube's whole recommendation system is just the worst. If I watch even a few seconds of any kind of video, YouTube's like "yeah, he clearly loved it, show him nothing else". It's like if you went in to a shop and briefly looked at a can of peas, then the manager shows up and starts throwing cans of peas at you. I have to be so careful about what videos I look at because I know that YouTube will be recommending similar stuff for the next two weeks, and it just wont stop no matter how many times I click not interested.
yes, agreed! if people post reaction clips or something I get reccomended so many videos related to it
Old 28th May 2015, 23:15

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajax Amsterdam
Most Audi drivers I come across.
Don't forget BMW drivers
Old 29th May 2015, 01:02

Mood
Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telex
Don't forget BMW drivers
Ah, the BMW driver. They get such a bad reputation.

It's the damn Audi drivers who do my nut in these days, though. Audis seem to be the car of choice for every wide boy, drug dealer and dodgy character in the city just now. Virtually every clown I see pulling a dangerous manoeuvre seems to be driving an Audi. They used to all be in VW Golfs, but it seems they've moved onto Audis now.
Old 29th May 2015, 12:26

^ Awwww, that sucks

It can be quite scary standing at gigs and not to mention claustrophobic, I always worry I'll need to toilet or something in the middle, but unless you want to squeeze past people (and annoying them in the process) and lose your spot, you're stuck :/ I always find sitting at gigs much easier and I always get anxious about standing, although problem is, it is incredibly frustrating being at a gig and wanting to dance or whatever, but you can't because you're sitting down and people are going to get pissed off behind you if you stand up, I was lucky at Arcade Fire cause the 2 rows in front of me were empty meaning I went down to the front row and stood and danced without worrying about pissing people off which was great, well until some security guard told me and these other people who had done the same to sit down grr haha. (I still got up again for the last few songs to dance though )
Old 29th May 2015, 12:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly.
I always find sitting at gigs much easier and I always get anxious about standing, although problem is, it is incredibly frustrating being at a gig and wanting to dance or whatever, but you can't because you're sitting down and people are going to get pissed off behind you if you stand up, I was lucky at Arcade Fire cause the 2 rows in front of me were empty meaning I went down to the front row and stood and danced without worrying about pissing people off which was great, well until some security guard told me and these other people who had done the same to sit down grr haha. (I still got up again for the last few songs to dance though )
I always make sure I get seated tickets too, there's no way I'm standing and squashing in with the masses. Plus, because I'm not particularly tall it's difficult to see anyway I usually stand in front of my seat, regardless of whether other people are standing or not
Old 29th May 2015, 13:53

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefyingGravity
I always make sure I get seated tickets too, there's no way I'm standing and squashing in with the masses. Plus, because I'm not particularly tall it's difficult to see anyway I usually stand in front of my seat, regardless of whether other people are standing or not
Oooh, rebellious! But yeah, I'm not very tall either, so tall people has been a problem for me in the past, I seem to remember once getting a really good spot in a crowd that I was happy with, only for a tall person to shove in front of me a few minutes before the gig started, some people always think they can just shove their way in even if they arrive like minutes before it starts when the rest of us got there extra early to get good positions
Old 29th May 2015, 14:42

^ Oooh, can I hire your sister as a Gig crowd bodyguard next time I have a standing gig then please?

But you went to a spice girls concert when you were little? OMG haha
Old 29th May 2015, 15:06

^ Haha, okay, I won't

And I can't decide whether its really cool or really embarrassing that you went to see the Spice Girls haha, although shame on you for still knowing the words hehe
Old 29th May 2015, 16:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olly.
Oooh, rebellious! But yeah, I'm not very tall either, so tall people has been a problem for me in the past, I seem to remember once getting a really good spot in a crowd that I was happy with, only for a tall person to shove in front of me a few minutes before the gig started, some people always think they can just shove their way in even if they arrive like minutes before it starts when the rest of us got there extra early to get good positions
It's the only rebellious thing that I do, honest I generally have a look around to see who else is standing in the seated section but if I do stand (and I do take part in a lot of seat dancing sometimes instead ) no one has ever told me to sit down.
Old 29th May 2015, 23:04

^
Old 29th May 2015, 23:24

Is that not how you're supposed to pronounce it? That's how I've always pronounced it. I seem to remember other Scottish people pronouncing that way too, but then I haven't been back to Scotland for years, so my memory's not too great.
Old 30th May 2015, 02:49

Mood
Alienated

When women get married and add their surnames to their husband's. Victoria Coren Mitchell for example. And this isn't any sort of yay patriarchy thing it's just don't present me with so much information and expect me to remember. I forget people's names pretty much instantly anyway so don't complicate things.
Old 30th May 2015, 16:48

Mood
Tired

When my parents insist on listening to the radio for the whole of the 6 hour car journey down to Wales. Not just any radio either, but The Archers, which is just plain wrong.
Old 1st June 2015, 00:17

Mood
Dead

When i open up Sauk on my phone internet and it just slides left/right from the forum to portal pages/info/chat page in the middle of when I'm posting.
Old 1st June 2015, 10:53

Mood
Dead

Thanks, yeah it has a thing at the top to click, but I'm too lazy to click it lol
Old 1st June 2015, 14:16

I really don't like Spotify's ads, I wouldn't mind them, but they're so obnoxious. They fit into my ambient playlist like a clown at a funeral.
Old 1st June 2015, 18:59

Mood
Bored

Jars that are impossible to open. Was so looking forward to pasta tonight but having cooked all of the veg and pasta I couldn't get the lid off the jar so couldn't have pasta sauce with it.
Old 1st June 2015, 21:04

^ Fine advice

Just to add to that: try giving it to a person weaker than yourself, especially after you've demonstrated that you can't get it open - it usually works a treat!
Old 1st June 2015, 21:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP James
I really don't like Spotify's ads, I wouldn't mind them, but they're so obnoxious. They fit into my ambient playlist like a clown at a funeral.
I haven't heard an ad on Spotify since forever. I'm not a subscriber, but I listen through the web version and I have adblock plus so maybe that's blocking them?
Old 3rd June 2015, 08:13

^ Aren't fake tans out of fashion now?

Surely, it's about time - it's an awful look.
Old 3rd June 2015, 09:59
Banned at own request

Llama, dont go trusting the media now will you, very few people would prefer the orange fake tan to the english rose pale look. Very few that I know anyway, apart from on TV or magazines perhaps, trying to sell product.
Old 3rd June 2015, 17:17

Ponging perfume
Old 3rd June 2015, 17:42
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^
I'm the same strangely (for a female). I hate OTT perfume. 'tis grim.
Old 3rd June 2015, 22:26
Banned at own request

Mood
Doh

Most depressing conversation I've heard for ages- walked into the work kitchen to find three grown men talking about dragons. #gameofthrones.
I read that when JRR Tolkien read out extracts of The Lord of The Rings to his friends at university, one of them groaned out loud and said : 'Oh, not another f*cking elf!', to which I'd like to amend 'oh, not another f*cking dragon!'.
It seems to be a bit of a boy thing as well- are there loads of hot women in it?
Old 3rd June 2015, 22:51

^ Oi! Stop stereotyping us GoT watchers

I for one couldn't give a toss about the supernatural crap. There are a few dragons, and they do dragon things, but they've hardly featured. The other fantasy stuff has been tastefully done and in short measure...

I didn't notice any hot women... and there's all this talk about nudity, too .. like, when did that happen??
Old 3rd June 2015, 22:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
Ponging perfume
Stop wearing it then
Old 3rd June 2015, 23:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caribou
Stop wearing it then
Are you calling me a perfume ponce??