SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 12th April 2023, 12:17

Default Anyone from your family members or close friend ever saw you when you nervous wreck?

I mean when you were in the middle of the Fight-or-flight thing.
Old 12th April 2023, 13:22

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: Anyone from your family members or close friend ever saw you when you nervous wre

Yes, it's unavoidable sometimes.
Old 12th April 2023, 15:26

Default Re: Anyone from your family members or close friend ever saw you when you nervous wre

Yes I imagine so, although sometimes people have mistakenly thought I was in the 'fight or flight thing' when I was just being my 'normal' self. For instance, I was once sitting quite happily in a cafe and one of the people with me looked at me with a concerned expression and mouthed "Are you okay?" I felt like saying "I was until now thanks!" I'm sure they meant well but..

Other times, I've been an absolute nervous wreck with all the horrid symptoms that go with it and no one around me seems to have had a clue.
Old 18th April 2023, 13:25

Mood
Spaced

Oh definitely. My husband has seen the worst of it now I think. I remember it was so bad when I started my new job here, I had full blown panic attacks in his arms. x_x It's really embarrassing so I try to hide it, but I feel comfortable with him seeing that side of my life.
Old 18th April 2023, 22:01

Think my family are used to my weirdness lol.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk
Old 18th April 2023, 22:13

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralOwls
Oh definitely. My husband has seen the worst of it now I think. I remember it was so bad when I started my new job here, I had full blown panic attacks in his arms. x_x It's really embarrassing so I try to hide it, but I feel comfortable with him seeing that side of my life.
Aw, poor Spectral Owls
Old 18th April 2023, 22:42

Mood
Breezy

My Parents and sister have
Old 18th April 2023, 23:05
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Yes several members of my family have seen me endure panic attacks and prolonged periods of extreme anxiety.
Once upon a time I was ashamed of it and would do everything I could to hide it but now I don't. Trying to hide it actually adds to the stress.