SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 28th January 2008, 13:49

Default hiding from people

well here i am at the central library this afternoon it is my creative writing group. The person who usually gets the door unlocked is not here. so i wait for ten min. I can see one of the other members of the group but i try to :hidesbehi : hide from him. If he sees me he will expect me to get the door unlocked and if i do that i will be in charge of the group and i dont want to do that . So i book my self on to a computer for an hour in the hope they will all have gone by the time i have finished. This SA is making me a I am seriously thinking i wont be coming to this group again
Old 28th January 2008, 14:03

Default Re: hiding from people

Ok you are going to hate this but this really IS the best thing to do!... Get the key, unlock the door, take charge of the group, hold your nerve, take some deep breaths, think positively, tell yourself you can do it. What is the worst thing that can happen? Do you really want to end up not going? then be somewhere on your own feeling miserable and pathetic? Once you've done it you will feel fantastic and you wont be scared of going there everytime coz you have already got through the hardest possible situation. The thing to remember is if you have a bit of a wobble, you must try again tomorrow and overcome it. Go with the intention of unlocking the door!!! DO IT!!
Old 28th January 2008, 16:36
Banned (at own request)

Mood
Cheerful

Default Re: hiding from people

Yeah good advice Kath. Even if you predict that it will be a complete disaster, even if it is a complete disaster, you've still moved a big step forward by showing you what you're capable of doing.
Closed Thread