SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 27th January 2008, 20:17

Default Arrg

I just spent the day playing with Myspace, Faceparty, Facebook etc, looking for people I used to know, one thing led to another and I've found out that some have become teachers, some have travelled the world, most are on a good wage.

It's just made me feel like I've done absolutely nothing, wasted my education, all that time from then until now. I'm 27, I should be in a proper job, yet I'm in a part-time job with no career advancement, it's been the same since I dropped out of Uni when I was 19, I've not been able to look ahead and see the bigger picture.

I'm just feeling like such a lazy twit, I feel like I've used my SA as an excuse for the last 8 years, stayed in the same situation as I could deal with it.

I need a kick up the ass, yet I know in a few days my SA will just mask this "overpowering need to do something with my life" because I'm safer just forgetting about it for now as it's scarey.

I feel like I'm not even making sense, my mind is so messed up at the moment..

Gah

Thanks for attempting to understand lol
Old 27th January 2008, 22:15

Default Re: Arrg

Stay away from those sites, they are a pure nightmare for people with SA. All those smiling faces, boozed up nights out, stupid playful comments etc. Enough to make me feel depressed anyway.
Old 28th January 2008, 15:21

Thanks guys, I have the determination, just only for short bursts lol.
I will work on it, just need to focus and yeah forget about the other people, never liked em anyway
Old 28th January 2008, 15:29

Mood
Tired

yeah dont go near them sites.

they make you compare yourselves to them, even if you didnt have SA and were socially ok. Their choices might not be the same as you.

It does get you down when people post of endless pics and msgs about them going out every weekend though.
Old 28th January 2008, 15:38

I can completly relate to that.. It makes a lot of sense. The truth is you're still young and it's not too late at all to do something about your situation. So try not to think about what you've done (or haven't done) all these years and focus on what you can change now instead. And stay away from these sites.. they're just so depressing. I know it's easy to give advices like these..hell, I have a hard time following them myself lol, but it's true... Now that you're having one of those "overpowering need to do something", you should come up with a plan, figure out what the first step is and get it started before you slip again. Use this as a source of motivation to take action.
Old 28th January 2008, 16:24
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FooFighter
I just spent the day playing with Myspace, Faceparty, Facebook etc, looking for people I used to know, one thing led to another and I've found out that some have become teachers, some have travelled the world, most are on a good wage.

It's just made me feel like I've done absolutely nothing, wasted my education, all that time from then until now. I'm 27, I should be in a proper job, yet I'm in a part-time job with no career advancement, it's been the same since I dropped out of Uni when I was 19, I've not been able to look ahead and see the bigger picture.

I'm just feeling like such a lazy twit, I feel like I've used my SA as an excuse for the last 8 years, stayed in the same situation as I could deal with it.

I need a kick up the ass, yet I know in a few days my SA will just mask this "overpowering need to do something with my life" because I'm safer just forgetting about it for now as it's scarey.

I feel like I'm not even making sense, my mind is so messed up at the moment..

Gah

Thanks for attempting to understand lol
there are millions of people in the world suffering with SA abd they all say the same thing ''ive done nothing with my life''

its not ur fault. when it rains u get wet, when u drop a coin it falls, when u have SA u waste life , it's as simple as that

if u really want to do something with ur life and maintain the motivation to do so i wud highly recommend listening to ''unstoppable motivation'' every single day

*Edited to remove link*
Closed Thread