SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 22nd December 2018, 16:40

Default Anybody please help me

X
Old 22nd December 2018, 16:57

Default Re: Anybody please help me

Whilst I don***8217;t have ***8220;the answer***8221; I feel for you as you are obviously hurting right now and you shouldn***8217;t feel alone. I***8217;ve not been on the forum much lately so might have this wrong but I think things have been slowly declining for a while? If so then maybe you can decouple the relationship from your course and throw yourself into that. Rather than have the relationship (ie your boyfriend) drive your happiness maybe you can see your own worth, everything that you have achieved (I certainly couldn***8217;t achieve what you have in coming to another country to study) and use that to push through starting the course. What is it you***8217;ll be studying?
Old 22nd December 2018, 17:07

Well it has seemed that they have but maybe I***8217;m in denial? It***8217;s that scenario where when things are good they***8217;re good but when they***8217;re bad they***8217;re bad and those no in between. See, if I did end it I wouldn***8217;t have the will power to cont. my studies over there. Especially in a country where I don***8217;t have anyone for support. So it would just have to end (the course). And I would stay back home and try to find a way to pick myself back up and achieve my dreams without school.
Old 22nd December 2018, 17:23

Mood
Tired

I don't get why falling out with your boyfriend means you can't go to school, surely you would have been leaving him behind anyway, whether you were still together or not?
Maybe that's why he's acting up, because of you now moving to another country?
Old 22nd December 2018, 17:27

I moved from the US to the UK (I***8217;m going to school in the UK). If we broke up I would not want to stay in the UK. I would not have the will power, and so I would drop out.
Old 22nd December 2018, 21:09

Mood
Cynical

Quote:
Originally Posted by daydreamsandicecreams
I moved from the US to the UK (I’m going to school in the UK). If we broke up I would not want to stay in the UK. I would not have the will power, and so I would drop out.

Could you not transfer and continue studying somewhere in the US?