SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 1st May 2017, 20:37

Mood
Shoveit

Default Vaping vs smoking? Any thoughts?

Started vaping today as the government is somewhat unfairly making the habit a real pain in the ass and damned expensive to boot.

Anyone else here use e-cigarettes ? Any good or bad experiences?
Old 1st May 2017, 20:44

Default Re: Vaping vs smoking? Any thoughts?

I don't have any advice but have noticed that it seems very popular, it's better to smell of strawberries than fags

x

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
Old 2nd May 2017, 15:24

Been vaping for about 6 months. First month or two I didn't touch a cigarette. Felt loads better. I couldn't believe the difference in how much energy I had and how much I could breathe. Since then been on the cigs a bit more. I cut my e-liquid strength down from 18mg to 12mg. Maybe that's the problem. I might try and go back up to 18.

Started smoking again when drinking. Then I started having one in the morning. I've started having a couple in the evenings now too. So no longer feeling the full benefits. I still have a few cigarettes a day but I vape all day at work so I've gone from a pack a day to about three a day. Still better than smoking all the time but I do hope to completely go on to the vaping again. Vaping also really helped me lose weight. It took a week or so to get used to it, I kept coughing on it at first but once I was over that barrier I really enjoyed it.

I almost felt like I "should" cut my nicotine strength down as soon as possible but I think it was a bad move. I think having a higher strength was better for me to stop the cravings.

I don't think vaping is as satisfying as a cigarette. When you have a cigarette, there's that "oh that's amazing" feeling. With an e-cigarette, it more just prevents the cravings I'd say, rather than gives you an "oh wow" feeling. It's worth it though.

Make sure if you don't like it at first you try a different strength/flavour to see what you like. Some flavours are grim and some are absolutely amazing.
Old 2nd May 2017, 18:43

Mood
Shoveit

Vape diary, day one : all is lost ....

Just messin lol. I've had five normal cigarettes today. In the morning I found the vape to be a bit underwhelming, but in general the craving is manageable and I haven't killed anybody, yet.

Might need to up the strength of the liquid I'm currently on , think it's a medium strengh.

Pray for me please

( don't actually pray, it's a load of cobblers )
Old 2nd May 2017, 18:49

Mood
Shoveit

^ my ocd won't stand for typos no matter how comedic
Old 2nd May 2017, 19:03

Mood
Shoveit

^ I'm just messing about , don't feel bad miss I'm just anal about typos lol
Old 2nd May 2017, 19:08

Vaping for me although I still smoke about 5 rollups a day due to a medical condition but I used to get through about 30, I feel miles better with vaping. Having a decent ecig and eliquid you like the taste of make a big difference, don't go for the cheap ones from a newsagent/supermarket. I mix my own eliquid now which works out a bit cheaper.
Old 4th May 2017, 23:17

Mood
Shoveit

^ tobacco for a medical condition?

Had two normal cigs today, same yesterday, considering I'm a twenty plus smoker usually on average a day that's not bad eh? Think getting a better vape pen is a good move now I know I can stick to it. I'm suprised how easy it's been as I always had a weird attachment to smokes. Using it to feed the craving but also seeing it as my little ally in socially awkward settings. So , guess that's that for now.
Oh, dry mouth is something I've noticed as a side effect,I've drank untold pints of water and squash today but doesn't help much maybe that'll go?

Anywho.
Old 5th May 2017, 08:23

^ Well done Mr Miggs, I'm so proud of you x

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
Old 5th May 2017, 22:23

Mood
Shoveit

Danke
Old 5th May 2017, 22:59

Mood
Shoveit

^ you can go months without a cig? I envy you lol

Not really into those pretend fags masquerading as real ones, kinda rubs salt in the wound for me, thanks kindly all the same
Old 5th May 2017, 23:10

Mood
Shoveit

^ I keep some tobacco in a drawer just in case...so I know it's there kinda thing otherwise I'd fixate on not having any lol.

I concur your not normal, cause you're not a ****
Old 5th May 2017, 23:21

Mood
Shoveit

^ haha, yea I studied a little E.R back in the day( usually when playing hooky from school) but diagnosis murder is for the serious student.
Old 6th May 2017, 18:11

Mood
Shoveit

Dammit. Think the filter do dad( clearomiser) in my e- cig is going already. Not had it a week! Don't know if the shop I got it from sells them though. Epic.
Old 20th May 2017, 23:32

Mood
Shoveit

Still vaping. Haven't smoked in well over a week. Fun times.
Old 21st May 2017, 00:50

Mood
Insomnious

Been vaping for a couple of years. Found switching from tobacco to the e-cigs very easy after more than ten years smoking. Takes a bit of adjustment, and none of the tobacco flavours really taste like tobacco, but you don't miss that after a while. The different flavours you can get more than make up for it. Using a Coolfire IV plus with an isub G tank.
Old 21st May 2017, 15:54

Mood
Shoveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria Lucas
What vape unit are you using?
Really wishing I could quit the fags, but going cold turkey results in psycho Victoria.
she does sound a wee bit scary!

Nah. I'm just using a cirro 2 which is a pretty basic vape device I got from a local shop, only fifteen quid so affordable too. I've always been reluctant too, I also suffer Jekyll and Hyde syndrome when my bloods not teeming with nicotine lol but it's been surprisingly easy to drop the smokes. Don't think I'm quite ready to kick nicotine to the curb just yet though.
Old 21st May 2017, 18:42

Its surprisingly easy to make the transition , I have a Smok Alien with a Baby beast tank, Its really good though not very subtle It looks like I have just hit a bong every time I use it . The one drawback is at some stage you will have to go into a vape shop and deal with the staff and they are a whole new breed of arsehole.
Old 21st May 2017, 19:17

Very annoyingly the laws around eliquid were changed as of yesterday. You can not longer buy bottles bigger than 10ml, no tanks bigger than 2ml and no strength of more than 20mg. The strength limit also includes the liquid nicotine I use to mix my own which is 72mg before I dilute it with PG, VG and flavoring. This has pissed me off to put it mildly.
Old 21st May 2017, 19:21

Mood
Shoveit

^ is nothing safe!? Feckin busy bodies. Grrr.
Old 3rd June 2017, 07:34

Well done miggs, you haven't had a cigarette in three weeks, I need to share this with everyone .
Old 8th March 2018, 13:51

Mood
Shoveit

Eleven months later still just vaping. Roll tide.
Old 8th March 2018, 13:58

Mood
Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggs The Terrible

congrats

i used an e-cigarette to stop smoking, i think about a month after i had switched completely onto the e-cig i just decided "yeah f this sh" and stopped straight away. like, i found stopping the cigarettes utterly brutal but the e-cigs thing was just like i got bored.

i know results will vary but i'm convinced its all the other shit they put in cigs thats the problem

this was all ages ago though, do they know much more about whether e-cigs impact on health or anything like that?
Old 8th March 2018, 14:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miggs The Terrible
Well done
Old 8th March 2018, 18:27

Mood
Shoveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Hodge
congrats

i used an e-cigarette to stop smoking, i think about a month after i had switched completely onto the e-cig i just decided "yeah f this sh" and stopped straight away. like, i found stopping the cigarettes utterly brutal but the e-cigs thing was just like i got bored.

i know results will vary but i'm convinced its all the other shit they put in cigs thats the problem

this was all ages ago though, do they know much more about whether e-cigs impact on health or anything like that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
When I first saw someone with a vaping machine (what are they called?) I thought it was a penny whistle. I thought people were reenacting The Pied Piper.

Are you worried that they will soon be deemed a health risk, or are you not so bothered about the health risks? (Asking out of genuine curiosity, not trying to be a nob.)
Thank you jinny and newbs, I appreciate the support ( I am aware this thread is highly self congratulatory btw lol but a wee bit of shameless self promotion now and then does no harm )

Thanks biscuit and hodgson mchodge

I am aware nothing but oxygen is 'healthy' as we all do, but I was a heavy smoker for my age and started young so it was anything to get me off the puffers lol I know a little about what people say regarding to vaping risk but I don't think it's clear at all what may happen due to long term risks, but most seem to agree that regular fags are far far worse and, well, unequivocal killers.

I don't think I'm gonna vape for years on end. My nicotine craving is far from where it was and I do realise I'm sticking with it more to help cure boredom and pass tedium in certain, especially social , situations.

But I am pleased I've been stubborn and stuck to it. Lord knows many have said ' oh just have a fag' etc, and I haven't so I do have some will power somewhere
And yea, I have been accused of being a hipster...I don't really see the connection myself.

Anyway, I'll stop rambling. Thanks again guys and dolls.
Old 8th March 2018, 18:27

^^If there is a health risk (and I don't believe there is a significant one), it must be better than the alternative; basically, it's little more than steam! The main ingredients are propylene glycol and/or vegetable glycerine (the latter is used as some people are allergic to PG) which have been used in food production for many years. PG can be poisonous at excessively high levels, but you'd basically have to be drinking the e-liquid in large quantities for that to happen! I've been on zero nicotine e-liquid for the past six months or so, so I've even take that out of the equation.

@Miggs, eleven months is brilliant, I hope you can keep it up.
Old 8th March 2018, 18:37

Mood
Shoveit

^ thanks dude
Old 8th March 2018, 18:44

You should be proud of yourself
Old 8th March 2018, 19:03

Mood
Shoveit

^ Tah sausage
Old 8th March 2018, 21:11

Mood
Fine

This thing is brilliant, just sayin'.

Last edited by Oddity; 8th March 2018 at 21:18. Reason: Helps having the link work!