SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 26th August 2005, 04:23

Default Played my game for my new football team

Hey all

Tonight I finally got round to playing for my new footie team; played 25 minutes. We lost 3-0, but it's my first involvement for a long time, and I had lots of fun.

We were 1-0 down, I missed a penalty, had a certain goal deflected wide but I ran my socks off and it felt good to be involved with a group of people, doing something I'm extremely comfortable with and not feeling the effects of anxiety very much (although I was nervous when I was introduced to my new teammates) But they encouraged me a lot, and with my first touches, I created our first chance at goal.

I know it's only football, but it's something from the last few years that was a big part of my life, and I plucked up the courage to go for a team again. I began to feel like my old self again (cracking bad jokes, providing comedy moments on the pitch) Just to play was a bonus, and we have 7 games left this season now before the winter league. So I can hopefully form some kind of routine and get myself fit in the process.

So there you go, my little story for the evening.

Dan
Old 26th August 2005, 09:43
crazyfairyx

Default Re: Played my game for my new football team

That's really good, the endorphines that are relareased when you run will make it easier for you to feel at ease in these kinds of situations, which will make SA gradually decrease in general Good for you Plus ya can get all fit in the mean time eh

x
Old 26th August 2005, 11:05

Hey, well done Dan!!!
Old 26th August 2005, 13:10
Shallah

Sounds like you really enjoyed yourself punisher82
Well done again on what you have achieved
Old 26th August 2005, 18:44

Awesome, well done! I'd have been terrified doing that, I have two left feet. :D I know the score about being comfortable doing something you enjoy with loads of people, I cycle, run and climb (just took that up!) with people and the SA goes out the window completely because everyone's on a level and have that one thing in common.

I'm pleased for you, it feels great to get into something you love and feel really involved and immersed in. Keep it up, and keep up the nifty first touches. We want to hear you've won the league.
Old 26th August 2005, 20:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificial Ant
Awesome, well done! I'd have been terrified doing that, I have two left feet. :D I know the score about being comfortable doing something you enjoy with loads of people, I cycle, run and climb (just took that up!) with people and the SA goes out the window completely because everyone's on a level and have that one thing in common.

I'm pleased for you, it feels great to get into something you love and feel really involved and immersed in. Keep it up, and keep up the nifty first touches. We want to hear you've won the league.
Dunno about the "nifty first touches", lol. I'm more a Ricketts then a Bergkamp (you should have seen my finishing, lol). But yeah, I agree. Doing things like this, climbing etc seem to be good for the old SA.
Old 26th August 2005, 20:18
kp85

Hi Dan

I cant really relate about the football as I don't play those kinda sports but it's great that your really comfortable with it and your sa is eased up while playing it.

Congrats and Good luck!

-Jamie.
Closed Thread