SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 30th May 2006, 17:56

Mood
Sleepy

Default Freespirit's Diet Blog

hiyer all,

ok, this is a blog im gonna keep so i can see how my diet effects me..physically and mentally.

the reason im posting my blog here is becasue i dont have an account with any blog sites and this is the only site i check everday so it just seems easy, plus it might be of some help to some of you.

my diet has been a concern of mine since uni when people started commenting on he way i eat, since then ive always tried to eat healthily but only last a few days til im back with my old eating habits.

today i have had half a thing of pringles..which i was gonna throw out but didnt and ate it...i had cheese on toast for breky...i had a cracker with cheese and pickle and a sandwich from the shop for lunch..and just now ive muched my way through a tray of chips with 2 bread rolls... this isnt good...i feel like crap..i feel greesy and horrible..and almost sick...and thats just physically...the mental effects wont kick in for a bit...but i know ill feel depresses.

so this blog is here to help me keep track of what i eat and how it effects me.
Old 30th May 2006, 18:04

Mood
Sleepy

Default Re: Freespirit's Diet Blog

well...first thing i think i must do is outline a plan.

here's how im gonna try and eat for this first week:

1.have cereal for breakfast...fruit optional

2.eat 5 fruit and veg a day

3.keep to small nutritious meals

4.stay away from chocloate,crisps and fizzy drinks..and stuff like that

5. drink plenty of water

6.dont eat after 8...this is a tuogh one but really does help...itl will lower my appetite..which is good..plus its easier to get to sleep so i get a better nights sleep..and feel better i hope.

7.exercise for 30 mins everyday

well...theres a plan....seems a lot for first week...ill see how close i can get....maybe thats should be a target for week 5...yeh thats better...anyways lets see how i go.
Old 31st May 2006, 19:50

Mood
Sleepy

ok, so day 1 gone pretty good so far.i had a much needed ly in to catch up on missed sleep from weekend and so missed breakfast entirly.in the morning i was feeling really good, not sure why. i had a tuna and sweetcorn roll for lunch, no crisps, with a glass of oj.then for dinner i had new potats a coliflaur grill and peas and sweetcorn. so its been a pretty healthy day, i do feel better but i think its cos i started the day a bit prky, lets see how tomo goes. ive still got a whole night to handle with no chocolate or crisps..im not sure i can handle it.

as for exercise i did manage to take my dog for a walk but that got cut short becuase i let her off lead in a field that doesnt have sheep in, but i didnt realise the gate was open cos the farmer was moving sheep between fields. my dog, completely ignoring me shouting, decided to chase the sheep that the farmer had been rounding up to the other side of the field.

the farmer then chased her out the field in his 4x4 and had words with me. i handled this really well, i stood there took what he was saying and apologised, not a moment of sa about it, and then i walked off..quite chuffed how well i took it, as a few moments before i was thinking this could turn out to be my sa nightmare...cheers ellie (my dog).

anyways..yes..it feel quite good to have gone today quite healthy lets hope it lasts.
Old 31st May 2006, 19:57

Mood
Sneaky

i have problems with food too freespirit.

the 'old' diet that you described is pretty bad, it'd be really ludicrous if you don't feel better when you improve your diet. that's a really good thing - if you can manage to change your eating, yuo will feel a lot better, i'm sure.

i'm in no way criticising you for your dodgy diet though, if i wrote what i ate in a day when i was binging...well, it'd be a very long post! i know how easy it is to fall into bad habits and get stuck with them.

good luck!

PS - if you wanted this to be just your posts and no replies, like a blog, just say and i'll delete this!
Old 31st May 2006, 20:23

Mood
Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullenskink
i have problems with food too freespirit.

the 'old' diet that you described is pretty bad, it'd be really ludicrous if you don't feel better when you improve your diet. that's a really good thing - if you can manage to change your eating, yuo will feel a lot better, i'm sure.

i'm in no way criticising you for your dodgy diet though, if i wrote what i ate in a day when i was binging...well, it'd be a very long post! i know how easy it is to fall into bad habits and get stuck with them.

good luck!

PS - if you wanted this to be just your posts and no replies, like a blog, just say and i'll delete this!
its ok sullenskink..anyone is free to post, itd be good to hear others view. and critisise away btw its a prettty naf diet i had..i hope i can chage it...thanks
Old 31st May 2006, 20:30

Mood
Sneaky

ok...

the changes you are making are pretty drastic. sometimes this is the best way to do it (it's worked for me in the past), but sometimes it's good to introduce changes gradually (which is working for me just now, after failing to 'change drastically' for months).

all i'm saying is that if what you are doing this time doesn't work, don't get too bummed, maybe just try a different way.

anyway, best of luck. you seem to have made a good start. don't forget to allow yourself treats sometimes!
Old 1st June 2006, 00:19

Mood
Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sullenskink
ok...

the changes you are making are pretty drastic. sometimes this is the best way to do it (it's worked for me in the past), but sometimes it's good to introduce changes gradually (which is working for me just now, after failing to 'change drastically' for months).

all i'm saying is that if what you are doing this time doesn't work, don't get too bummed, maybe just try a different way.

anyway, best of luck. you seem to have made a good start. don't forget to allow yourself treats sometimes!
good advice sullenskin, and yes it is too drastic as ive already found out cos ive cracked...i wasnt gonna eat for the rest of today after my dinner at 5.30 but i got way to hungry and thought sod it...i ate healthy having a few new potats left over with some cracker and cheese and salad...so at least im satisfied and i didntr have to resort to crisps and/or chcolate.

i think its about having balance and not making to many changes at once...rather than cut down my eating ive decided to just tryng to eat healthy for starters.
Old 1st June 2006, 01:02

Mood
Lucky

Sit-ups/crunches are good for when you want to eat crap but are scared of putting too much weight on. Unfortunately, they're a bit of a pain in the backside to keep up regularly. But if you can manage it, I'd say around 150 sit-ups a day (in increments of around twenty or thirty every few hours or so) is a decent figure for the junk food/waistline dilemma.
Old 1st June 2006, 23:42

Mood
Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Quiet Dan
Sit-ups/crunches are good for when you want to eat crap but are scared of putting too much weight on. Unfortunately, they're a bit of a pain in the backside to keep up regularly. But if you can manage it, I'd say around 150 sit-ups a day (in increments of around twenty or thirty every few hours or so) is a decent figure for the junk food/waistline dilemma.
yeh ive tried sit-ups but they give me a bad back...maybe im doing something wrong. i do try to exercise alot tho..but my exercise has gone down alot since the end of the footy season..im gonna have to find other things to do.

ok its day 2 and on the whole a succesful one with the healthy eating. again i did feel pretty good when i woke up so meant my mood was good all day. for breakfast i managed to wolf down a slice of toast before running out to go for driving lesson..which went pretty well...geting quite good now.then for lunch i had beans on toast..my all time fae meal lol..easy and tasty and healthy since beans are a veg and really good for you.

i then decided to treat myself to feast icecream which was lush and a few bickies..i decided to leave dinner til later than usual cos i went up to a mates house to help him do work on his house...we were doin a bit of tiling..and i had a few beers during...and then for dinner i had a huge pasta bake with salad which was tasty and healthy...its been easy so far...the weekend will be tricky tho.

as a whole since ive started healthy eating..just 2 days ago its been a positive start i think the real test will come when i get a set back and feel like shit..if i can stay to a healthy diet then i think this may last.
Old 2nd June 2006, 23:00

Mood
Sleepy

well again a good day diet wise, and mood wise. at the mo im not too sure theyre linked cos its too soon...so maybe the feel good factor of healthy eating yet to kick in.

anywasy ive ate alot today but most of it was healthy so i aint gonna beat myself up about it. i think cutting down on my eating is a plan for next week.
Old 3rd June 2006, 00:08

Sounds good mate - keep it up.
Rather than cutting down overall though, you could eat less but more often, if you know what I mean. So rather than binging three times a day with a gap of 5 hours between each meal, if you eat more smaller meals with less time between each, it keeps your blood sugar levels more balanced. Also speeds up your metabolism - your body burns up what you eat quicker because it 'gets used' to the fact another meal is just around the corner.

If you just 'cut down' you'll end up feeling deprived and hungry..!
Old 4th June 2006, 11:12

Mood
Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by argetni
Sounds good mate - keep it up.
Rather than cutting down overall though, you could eat less but more often, if you know what I mean. So rather than binging three times a day with a gap of 5 hours between each meal, if you eat more smaller meals with less time between each, it keeps your blood sugar levels more balanced. Also speeds up your metabolism - your body burns up what you eat quicker because it 'gets used' to the fact another meal is just around the corner.

If you just 'cut down' you'll end up feeling deprived and hungry..!
yeah i have thought about this alot argetni, i would like to have 5 smaller meals a day rather than 3 large meals. i think that having a lrge meal at 6pm to be pointless aswell because you dont need the energy at that time of day. i ahve heard that by having more regular smaller meals your generl energy levels are better aswell because you get a constant bit of energy all day...daf something i want to start doing.

ok so yesterday...i had an awesome diet..i had lots of fruit and veg i had a pizza with salad for dinner...i made my own lunch for work for first time in ages...and for brek i had a slice of toast and some fruit...the evening tho i went out and drank a bit too much...im actually struggling to write this now...it was an ok night but not worth feeling like this. i have recently decided that i need to learn when to stop drinking on a night out..im still like a 15 year old trying to shove as many drinks down my throat before 11..its silly...i think it would hugely benefit my sa if i didnt drink as much and stayed sober enough to have decent meaningful convos with people...that way i could practice any tips i get from here and also it will help with my confidence..and i think i will improve simply from experience...where at the moment by getting hammerd im not learning anything but instead choosing to ignore my sa hoping itl go away after the next pint.

so a new addition to my blog from now on will be a bit about my nights out and how much i drank how drunk i was and what happened did i have a good time etc.
Old 5th June 2006, 21:57

Mood
Sleepy

well its monday..swimday....for that reason i love mondays..i feel like i get the week off to a good start. my diet is going really well...im sticking to my five a day and for the first time today i have had smaller meals more often. it feels good i feel lighter on my feet and more energetic. plus ive had a heavy night on saturday and it normally wouldve set me back with diet and exercise but ive kept to it and now i feel really good about it.
Closed Thread