SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 24th January 2024, 09:31

Default At what age did you start noticing first grey hair?

?
Old 24th January 2024, 09:52

Default Re: At what age did you start noticing first grey hair?

I've had a streak of grey hair since my early 30s. I don't really care though. It's better than going bald!
Old 24th January 2024, 10:15

Mood
Cynical

Yeah, early 30s I would say.
Old 24th January 2024, 13:39

There's a bit of grey in my stubble. Although I'm not sure when that started exactly. Possibly mid 30s, maybe? It might have been around the time when I started wearing comfy jumpers. Or possibly cardigans.
Old 25th January 2024, 00:04

Mood
Tired

27. Got quite a few on the side of my head and a little white patch too

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk
Old 25th January 2024, 19:00

Twenty-five when I found my first one (I remember it clearly, mid haircut ) although I was reasonably happy with that as my mother was almost fully grey by about 19 so I won that one . Late forties now and have some sprinkled through, although only in the last year or so has it started to try and make itself visible at all times and form a streak (maybe the greys are banding together and unionising or something).

It of course might change down the line but so far have never wanted to dye them, quite interested to see how it'll progress and how it ends up. I think some silver-grey or snowy-white full heads of hair can look amazing. I guess if I think it looks like poop when it's done I'll be dunking myself in some L'oreal or something like it's about to be outlawed

If anything I'm more irritated by how it's changing texture in perimenopause than I am about the colour, although maybe I could multitask
Old 29th January 2024, 20:23

On my 19th birthday. Almost twenty-three years later, I have many more, but I don't think grey is the dominant colour.

I've yet to find a grey pube though, which is fantastic.
Old 29th January 2024, 21:36
Banned (at own request)

Early 20s.
20 years on, my hair is now roughly 40% grey.
I don't notice anymore, until I see much older ladies having the same hair as me and then I feel self-conscious for a few hours.
Old 30th January 2024, 14:47

Mood
Musical

i say about mid 30's when i noticed them.... not to bothered about turning grey!
Old 6th February 2024, 14:18

I can't tell if I have grey hairs in my eyebrows, or they're just very very very very very light blonde.
Old 6th February 2024, 15:23
Co-Administrator

Mood
Nerdy

I'm 42, and funnily enough I noticed my first grey head hair just a couple of weeks ago. I don't want to yank it out/slap on some Nice 'n' Easy just yet, for I'm quite interested to see how it develops. In fact, I'm thinking of giving her a name. How does Griselda the grey hair sound?

I've been getting whitish eyebrow hairs since my late twenties though. Those ones do get the tweezer treatment.

Oh, and I periodically get a really long, single white hair growing out the top of my ear. That one gets plucked as soon as it's long enough to grab with tweezers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlinterrupted
It of course might change down the line but so far have never wanted to dye them, quite interested to see how it'll progress and how it ends up. I think some silver-grey or snowy-white full heads of hair can look amazing. I guess if I think it looks like poop when it's done I'll be dunking myself in some L'oreal or something like it's about to be outlawed

If anything I'm more irritated by how it's changing texture in perimenopause than I am about the colour, although maybe I could multitask
Are you me? My hair texture in the last decade or so has gone from slightly wavy to properly curly, as well as visibly thinning at the front. And then there's the facial peach fuzz, a new phenomenon. Perimenopause is a fun rollercoaster ride eh!
Old 6th February 2024, 23:50

I plucked a nose hair the other day and it didn't look very vibrant! And yet when I plucked my ear hair, that looked very vibrant. Go figure! I can only imagine it means that I'm still kind of in my prime!

Old 7th February 2024, 15:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubbs
Are you me? My hair texture in the last decade or so has gone from slightly wavy to properly curly, as well as visibly thinning at the front. And then there's the facial peach fuzz, a new phenomenon. Perimenopause is a fun rollercoaster ride eh!
If I'm you then I can only apologise!

Perimenopause certainly is an ..um...experience isn't it, don't get me started . Re: hair specifically, I was kinda expecting it to dry out (which to be fair it has slightly, but then I used to have oily hair so if anything so far that bit was helpful ) but I was not prepared for it changing texture/type. My quite fine, soft, oily hair that had a slight wave or bit of body and bounce to it is now apparently determined to be coarse and dull, with random curls where it feels like. Not nice curls of course, but stupid frizzy ones no product as yet will make an impression on. I shall not be defeated, the fight goes on

I used to pluck out random white ones too, still do if they appear in my brows (not today satan). I'm trying to look at aging (and especially the aesthetic effects) with a kind of detached interest `ooo let's see how this sh*t show is going to turn out` kind of thing, although that's much trickier some days (and angles/lighting conditions) than others

P.S. My hair did thin too, which I know can be part of it but turned out in my case to be linked to anaemia and some other stuff, and has certainly thickened up since getting the right supplements, might be worth a check if you haven't done so recently