SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 27th July 2011, 01:03

Default Feel like such a tool this week…

So this week on 3 different occasions while pointlessly wandering around the city and shopping centre random girls have tried to start a conversation with me. Every time I had completely failed to anticipate the need to interact with others like a normal person and so every time I just smiled like an idiot and said some inane nonsense about 10 seconds after it would have been appropriate, at which point both of us walked away with a mixture of disgust and embarrassment. Its frustrating so I just thought I'd share. On the plus side at least I apparently decent looking this week!
Old 27th July 2011, 04:00

Mood
Insomnious

Default Re: Feel like such a tool this week…

It does take a change in mindset to have the expectation that random people will approach you to initiate a conversation or even to say hello, but only if you have that expectation will you be prepared to deal with it when it happens.

At least you're lucky enough to have people approach you, so it's likely that you'll have more opportunities to gain practice.
Old 27th July 2011, 08:36

Default Re: Feel like such a tool this week…

I relate to this, means you know you're life could be soooooo different. Frustrating.
Closed Thread