SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 3rd March 2020, 17:55
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Default Annual health check done

Questions about diet ,exercise,smoking and drinking . BP,pulse and weight taken . BP112/76 and pulse 72 . Wasn't told about the weight. The scales were only very slightly raised , but my granddaughter had to steady me as I was weighed as I was quite wobbly .. Should've had blood test done beforehand but no one had told me to . That'll be done on the11th .
Old 3rd March 2020, 20:10

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: Annual health check done

Is that a good blood pressure reading? I can never remember what numbers are good! Good thing you are having these health checks now, much better to keep an eye on how you are generally.
Old 4th March 2020, 07:03
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

Things have changed over the years.It used to be <140 good >140 bad .

Now it's as follows.

Quote:
What blood pressure readings mean

As you can see from the blood pressure chart, only one of the numbers has to be higher or lower than it should be to count as either high blood pressure or low blood pressure:

90 over 60 (90/60) or less: You may have low blood pressure. More on low blood pressure.
More than 90 over 60 (90/60) and less than 120 over 80 (120/80): Your blood pressure reading is ideal and healthy. Follow a healthy lifestyle to keep it at this level.
More than 120 over 80 and less than 140 over 90 (120/80-140/90): You have a normal blood pressure reading but it is a little higher than it should be, and you should try to lower it. Make healthy changes to your lifestyle.
140 over 90 (140/90) or higher (over a number of weeks): You may have high blood pressure (hypertension). Change your lifestyle - see your doctor or nurse and take any medicines they may give you. More on high blood pressure

So:

if your top number is 140 or more - then you may have high blood pressure, regardless of your bottom number.
if your bottom number is 90 or more - then you may have high blood pressure, regardless your top number.
if your top number is 90 or less - then you may have low blood pressure, regardless of your bottom number.
if your bottom number is 60 or less - then you may have low blood pressure, regardless of your top number.
http://www.bloodpressureuk.org/Blood...dpressurechart

My BP in Essex ranged from early 120s to early 130s . My pulse was around the 100 mark .
Old 4th March 2020, 10:55

Mood
Cynical

So your blood pressure is ok, very good
Old 4th March 2020, 11:47

It sounds like you are in reasonable good health Firemonkey
Old 4th March 2020, 20:57
Banned at own request

Mood
Doubtful

^ As far as those checks went- yes . I have chronic lower back pain that kicks in after walking a fairly short distance . The remedy is to walk more , but my poor sense of direction means I can't walk far unless accompanied by someone .