Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 13th October 2020, 21:03
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

^He's a breed of his own. Long criminal history, assault, all sorts of drugs, etc.. I found out recently he has court orders keeping him away from bits of the village - one for going round and smashing someone's car up in a rage (I could overhear him explaining this to his mate, laughing - no remorse).

He wants the life - music, cars, partying, drugs etc.. nothing else.

He is the epitome of a nightmare neighbour.
Old 13th October 2020, 21:08

Mood
Cynical

^ His mother must be so proud. I wonder if he has previous convictions whether his latest criminal antics will have broken his probation.
Old 13th October 2020, 21:11

He has nothing to lose either.
Old 13th October 2020, 21:20

^^^
Well I'm in a flat now and I'm happy enough with that, I just didn't like the lack of privacy, in fact I feel like I can actually play music without headphones here, but I was annoyed with a car that kept driving up playing rap and rnb music actually so I had a fan on to drown it out usually if I needed to concentrate. I don't mind living like this, it's just I really don't like living with strangers and actually value my privacy.

Honestly I don't know what I'd do in that situation, I would be really angry with him, but would just try to collect evidence beyond my word first... this is what I've been doing with my situation with the unexplained stab marks and scratches.
Old 13th October 2020, 21:48
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^
Seems like you've settled nicely into your flat . I wouldn't mind mine so much if I could just get some peace.

Yeah collecting evidence is the only way forward really in all these types of situations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
^ His mother must be so proud. I wonder if he has previous convictions whether his latest criminal antics will have broken his probation.
I'm behining to think she's just as bad as him. Whilst she does keep him in check somewhat there's no way she didn't know he had a cannabis grow room. And you can hear her raucously laughing away at stuff with him. She facilitates a lot of what he gets up to/gets away with.

Oh he has a long list of previous, think he he managed to keep his head down long enough after being released from prison for serious assault to have finished probation. Tho who knows. He was arrested for drink driving about 18 months/2 years ago. The current stuff that's going on or had been going on is still 'under investigation' apparently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
He has nothing to lose either.
No I suppose not. Although he has his flat to lose and his mum would kill him. And he does have a daughter at the other end of the village. Tho he had to have anger management therapy to be able to see her/get access seemingly
Old 13th October 2020, 22:42

Yeah, i got carried away there with the nothing to lose thing, but the lifestyle must take a toll on his psyche.

His mum sounds a good influence
Old 13th October 2020, 22:59
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Yeah it must. He was far worse when he first moved in, though I think he was taking much more drugs.

Tell me about it . She does rein him in a bit but still she bails him out of trouble, gives him money, buys him shopping, does his washing (he has a washing machine) and so on. She would be better off making him take responsibility for himself.
Old 13th October 2020, 23:08

Mood
Cynical

^ I think he needs some more anger management!
Old 13th October 2020, 23:10
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^ yeah I think your right
Old 14th October 2020, 00:59

^ Good luck, Kooky!

What're you volunteering yourself for exactly?
Old 14th October 2020, 01:20

Oh wow, sounds quite involved (in a good way) and interesting. Yeah, you're probably right, hopefully it will be quiet and you can settle in gently.
Old 14th October 2020, 14:04

Ooh, well done. Hopefully the lower visitor numbers will make it less crazy, even if it's a shock to the system to be peopling again!
Old 14th October 2020, 14:24

Mood
Cynical

Hope it goes well Kooky
Old 14th October 2020, 15:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopia
Why you feeling like that? I get empty but overwhelmed with emotion?... I haven't felt like that in a very long time tbh.
Not sure. I just feel like there's times when i'm highly emotionally sensitive yet outwardly quite shut down. It's typically short lived though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopia
I feel like I can actually play music without headphones here, but I was annoyed with a car that keep driving up playing rap and rnb music actually so I had a fan on to drown it out usually if I needed to concentrate.
One of the worst things is having to endure someone else's playlist. It's only tolerable in hairdressers. That said, I cannot stand the sound of fans even on the hottest summer's, so would far favour the rap than a constant low buzzing, I think. Then again, maybe it depends on the rapper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counterpoint
Feeling like an emotional train wreck. Be gone o mind of mine, I no longer require thee.I squirm at my anxious people-pleasing behaviour sometimes. But then when I don’t do it, I feel unfriendly. I cannot silence the critic. I hate the critic. Blah blah blah blah blah. I used to feel just like an anxious person but increasingly I feel like a bad person. I don’t know what’s happening inside my head.
I feel a bad person sometimes, probably am in moments. It often feels like you have to choose between being alone or conforming to the ideals of others. Anyway, hope you feel more emotionally stable today.
Old 14th October 2020, 15:47
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Hope it went well Kooky
Old 14th October 2020, 16:18

Anxious, I moved to a shared accommodation. Don’t know if it could’ve been better planned. Feel more freedom but worry about buying certain foods cause I don’t know the area that well.
Old 14th October 2020, 17:43

Drained, started a new job yesterday but today's has been my first full day which has been training from home via Skype which has basically been speaking to one particularly very chatty, outgoing person for the majority of the day, and having to stay positive and actually yea i guess socially interact with someone ALL DAY! Thats my quota of social interaction for the next year all used up in one day and I now feel completely drained and got to do it all over again tomorrow. I guess its good for me really but i now feel like I don't want to speak to anyone else for at least another week
Old 15th October 2020, 15:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooky Monster
Could you not look online to see if/where the foods you're after are sold locally?
I did, I’ve gone. I was nervous about travelling to the area but I didn’t know the area.
Old 15th October 2020, 19:04

^^That's good news. And Kooky, good news about role especially given your neighbour - yikes.

I seem to have problems getting over even small bad things that happened in the past. I used to still get genuinely cross when I would remember a washing up dispute I had with one of my flatmates up to ten years later! (I'm over it now!)
Old 15th October 2020, 20:04

^I suppose it's worse with your parents though.
Old 15th October 2020, 21:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooky Monster
^ Thanks choirgirl

I'm the same with disputes. Every so often I'll relive arguments I had with my mother as a teenager, and get just as angry as I did then. Incidentally, the one that comes up most often was over how I was doing the washing up!

Finding your way around places you've not been before is always really daunting. Well done for going. I hope you got what you went for.
Thanks, yes I did. And it was even closer as Google maps didn't have all the category of shops I was searching for.
Old 15th October 2020, 22:35

Fat.

I've ballooned over the past 3 years, not obese but my frame doesn't suit the gut, looking more and more like Roger from American Dad. Food and booze are the only things that give me any sort of lift.

I hate the way I look but look forward to the buzz of having a drink. I guess I'm alcoholic but in control. I don't destroy myself but I'm now reliant on the buzz of a few drinks each day.

Life feels so numb and aimless. Bah, I spend money on cyclical hobbies and find it impossible to save sensibly due to looking for that hit or distraction.
Old 15th October 2020, 23:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom123
Fat.

I've ballooned over the past 3 years, not obese but my frame doesn't suit the gut, looking more and more like Roger from American Dad. Food and booze are the only things that give me any sort of lift.

I hate the way I look but look forward to the buzz of having a drink. I guess I'm alcoholic but in control. I don't destroy myself but I'm now reliant on the buzz of a few drinks each day.

Life feels so numb and aimless. Bah, I spend money on cyclical hobbies and find it impossible to save sensibly due to looking for that hit or distraction.
Know those temptations all too well - discipline and moderation is whats needed!

I remember you as someone who takes pride in their wear, so do it for your clothes if not yourself
Old 16th October 2020, 04:08

Today I have mostly been feeling: braindead, disgusting, achey, and pathetic. But there's always tomorrow! Who knows, I might have diarrhea too.
Old 16th October 2020, 08:23

Mood
Alienated

Well I wasted my entire week off.

Didn't even get out of my PJ's

Feel pretty down, I always pay for taking time off, next week will kill me

I certainly need something else in my life but eh
Old 16th October 2020, 14:57
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

A bit and a bit

Got a nomination to a property in the next village. Not a road I know, which at least means its not the 2 most awful parts!!

Still have to view it etc and be accepted by the HA but on the whole i'm a bit
Old 16th October 2020, 15:03

Mood
Cynical

^ Ooh, sounds like great news!
Old 16th October 2020, 15:11
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Well hopefully, still haven't seen it - or the neighbours/neighbourhood. But at least its an option out of where I am.
Old 16th October 2020, 15:13

Great news, Mo Hope it all goes well getting the place.
Old 16th October 2020, 15:16
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Thanks Merritt