Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 9th March 2018, 20:53
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Default Re: Small things that annoy you (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud

Really i think you had to have watched it at the time because i can't see it having the same impact today. It has zero rewatch appeal to me now, i can't get over Gervais, and Martin Freeman bugs me too. Give it a go though ... if you must
Yeah I think your probably right. I dunno The Office doesn't take my fancy for some reason. Might get round to it after I've watched the 7 trillion other things I've been meaning to

Do like Extras tho, I could watch that again
Old 9th March 2018, 21:24

Mood
Shoveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinny
He supports animal welfare. I don't care if his comedy is sometimes annoying, I like anyone who actively promotes the ethical treatment of animals. And I did like the Office and I do remember him from when he had a bit spot on the 11 oclock show, I liked him on that. I think they've (him & Martin Freeman)become more annoying in hindsight, because they became so successful on the back of not very much.
I like the other guy, on the 'Moaning of life', what's his name?

sorry, this is the 'things that annoy you thread' not the, 'what do you like a bit' thread.
Animal welfare? The man lives on sausages
Old 9th March 2018, 21:33

Yeah, just look at those teeth - meat eater!

He can afford to be good anyway.
Old 9th March 2018, 23:07

Nothing wrong with Ricky Gervais

Last time I checked, you can still eat meat and be against cruelty to animals
Old 9th March 2018, 23:27

Mood
Cynical

^^ He definitely supports the fox hunting ban, which is good. Whether people like his comedy or not is probably down to personal taste! I liked The Office, so there you go.
Old 10th March 2018, 09:43
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

That no one answers the bloody phone any more, just pop you on hold for eternity. First the DWP, then the district council offices (still haven't got through so am going to have physically go there on Mon), the dentist and now the RAC. Employ some ppl to answer calls ffs!!
Old 10th March 2018, 14:43

All kids other than my nephew. Especially neighbours with brats who spend all day running round house like little maniacs. But spose thats what brats do isn't it.
Old 10th March 2018, 19:15

My mum's idea of an appropriate time for a Sunday roast: 2pm!

Ffs, I want a proper drink tonight but I've agreed to a mothers day roast meetup and that timing is shite for me..

.. 'Mothers day roast meetup'... Hehe.. ... O__O
Old 11th March 2018, 18:01
Banned

When im looking for a thread.... not on page 1 , look to page 2 , not there, look to page 3 ,not there....surely it can't be that far back...check page 1 again, oh there it is
Old 12th March 2018, 19:36
Banned

Random people parking right outside the post office where I work because they're too lazy to walk 20 metres from the official parking bays.
It's double yellow lines on a narrow part of the street yet people still park there.
Came across a right arrogant git today who parked there and a bus couldn't get past yet he just walked into the post office as if to say ' I'm not moving for you'
Git
Old 12th March 2018, 20:42

Old 12th March 2018, 20:43

^^ I was looking for a chocolate 'stuff your face' sort of gif, but this one was a bit too cute to pass on
Old 16th March 2018, 18:07

Mood
Shoveit

I give way to three skanks on a narrow footpath and all three ignore me and one stares at me as if I'm not there. No acknowledgement.

Leathery skinned, herpes infested...
Old 17th March 2018, 09:41

When people reserve items and don't come back for them. **** you Milo someone else can buy your juicer.
Old 17th March 2018, 15:27
Banned

Copper coins.

Who ever uses them? When Im paying cash at a till I normally give to the nearest pound as it's easier. I get flustered if I have to stand there looking for the right amount with people waiting behind me. Copper coins should be abolished now.
Old 17th March 2018, 16:58

Mood
Shoveit

Train delays at the first sign of inclement weather. It's ridiculous.
Old 17th March 2018, 18:23

The constant tiredness .
Old 18th March 2018, 22:43

Mood
Relaxed

Pointless LEDs and computer cases with windows in the side so you can see the lights.
Old 19th March 2018, 22:04
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Losing my nectar card I've got years and years worth of points on there. Managed to cancel it and my points (£101 worth!) are still there
Can't think for the life of me what the hell I did with it. Maybe left it in a shop.
Old 20th March 2018, 23:22

Mood
Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmosby
Pointless LEDs and computer cases with windows in the side so you can see the lights.
I've never really understood the appeal. The only reason I'd have a windowed case is to monitor dust build-up
Old 21st March 2018, 00:22

^^ I want my computers to look traditional - as big as a room, noisy and with plenty of dials, bulbs and spinning tape reels. None of this modern blue LED rubbish.
Oh and a staff of attractive women in lab coats to keep it running and unjam the punchcard printer.
Old 21st March 2018, 00:25

Mood
Fine

Sounds a lot better than annoying LEDs
Old 21st March 2018, 17:25

I don’t know if this should be in the ‘small things that annoy me’ thread or the basements ‘big things that annoy me’ thread. I think it’s more of a medium sized annoyance...

Anyway, I’m fed up with constantly receiving Friend requests on Facebook from random strangers, all strangely similar. The latest one is a good looking 40 something American guy living in Kabul, Afghanistan and working for United Nations. He has also included a photo of himself standing next to his very expensive car. He is widowed (aww is that meant to pull at a gullible woman's heart strings?) and mentions that he likes to treat people (I assume he means women) with respect...
Well if that’s the case, then DON’T send random friend requests to happily married women of a certain age that you don’t know in a bid to rip them off!!!
‘He’ is probably some con artist operating this scam from a shed in Nigeria!!

I always delete unknown friend requests but how do I prevent these horrid ‘people’ from appearing in the first place?

(I’m REALLY annoyed now, knew this should have gone in the basement )
Old 21st March 2018, 18:02

^ If you go to Account Settings / Privacy you have the option "who can send me friend requests", you can set this to "friends of friends"
Unfortunately you can't set it to "nobody" as far as I can tell, but you can make as much of your profile invisible to all but friends so as to dissuade them.
Old 21st March 2018, 18:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muggins
I don***8217;t know if this should be in the ***8216;small things that annoy me***8217; thread or the basements ***8216;big things that annoy me***8217; thread. I think it***8217;s more of a medium sized annoyance...

Anyway, I***8217;m fed up with constantly receiving Friend requests on Facebook from random strangers, all strangely similar. The latest one is a good looking 40 something American guy living in Kabul, Afghanistan and working for United Nations. He has also included a photo of himself standing next to his very expensive car. He is widowed (aww is that meant to pull at a gullible woman's heart strings?) and mentions that he likes to treat people (I assume he means women) with respect...
Well if that***8217;s the case, then DON***8217;T send random friend requests to happily married women of a certain age that you don***8217;t know in a bid to rip them off!!!
***8216;He***8217; is probably some con artist operating this scam from a shed in Nigeria!!

I always delete unknown friend requests but how do I prevent these horrid ***8216;people***8217; from appearing in the first place?

(I***8217;m REALLY annoyed now, knew this should have gone in the basement )
Apparently random strangers can 'follow' you on Facebook too. If you go to your settings and into the 'block' section and type 'following me' into the box at the top you can see who is following you. I had about 8 random people Then you can block them.
Old 21st March 2018, 18:57
Global Moderator

Mood
Scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Tink_
Apparently random strangers can 'follow' you on Facebook too. If you go to your settings and into the 'block' section and type 'following me' into the box at the top you can see who is following you. I had about 8 random people Then you can block them.
That's actually a myth, and if random strangers were able to follow you they would only be able to see things that you post publicly.

Also the 'following me' search doesn't bring up your followers, only profiles that have those keywords attributed to them in some way
Old 21st March 2018, 19:01

^ That's so weird. I blocked them all anyway, just in case
Old 21st March 2018, 19:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiouslondoner
^ If you go to Account Settings / Privacy you have the option "who can send me friend requests", you can set this to "friends of friends"
Unfortunately you can't set it to "nobody" as far as I can tell, but you can make as much of your profile invisible to all but friends so as to dissuade them.
Thanks for your help AL
I haven***8217;t set it to ***8216;friends of friends***8217; (yet) as I didn***8217;t want to prevent certain people from the past contacting me if they should ever want to but I may revise this. Everything else is pretty much invisible to all but friends although some of them are ***8216;friends***8217; in the loosest sense of the word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Tink_
Flipping eck! I followed your helpful advice Tink, and discovered that 26 people were following me!! Why? and How? All of them apparently live overseas (mostly India and the Middle East), there were a few women but the majority men. I don***8217;t understand why an earth they would be following me? Anyway, I***8217;ve blocked them all including the dodgy friend request from the widower with the flash car who apparently respects everybody
Old 21st March 2018, 19:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1662
That's actually a myth, and if random strangers were able to follow you they would only be able to see things that you post publicly.

Also the 'following me' search doesn't bring up your followers, only profiles that have those keywords attributed to them in some way
Oh, I missed your post D
Does that mean I didn't need to block those 26 people?

Hmm, but what was that dodgy sounding friend request all about? Facebook confuses me, like everything else
Old 21st March 2018, 22:01

Mood
Shoveit

^ hope you feel brighter soon, being shy can be so demoralising.

The woman serving at the till spewing up what I can only call a death rattle all over the change she was about to hand me. Ffs.

I think humans are to blame for the plague leave the bloody rats out of it!