SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 25th November 2005, 19:01

Default trying to get out more...

hopefully i will get some replies to this.
is anyone here shy, and have anxiety but they like to party a lot?
if so, what types of problems to you encounter when you go partying?

for example, substance abuse, fear of looking stupid in public that stops you from going out sometimes..etc.

Let me know. I am desperately trying to find people like me!

-cb:embarass:
Old 25th November 2005, 19:22

Default Re: trying to get out more...

substance abuse?! i try and avoid being around pilly, cokey types, fearing succumbing to social pressure and further wrecking my already delicate brain chemistry. one of the reasons i'm not going out tonight in fact, knowing that certain drug hoovers will be around. feeling guilty now though; another social invite declined

one of my best friends here in manc, bob, is frighteningly extroverted. i constantly question what he's doing hanging around with me. certainly not for my sparkling conversation. he's not been in the city for long, but the crew of friends he's built up are lovely people, but also very 'sorted', sociable, in relationships, that kind of thing. i often avoid meeting him when he's with these people, and worry about what his friends think of me, that i'm rejecting them. a whole kaleidoscope of guilt, second guesses about how they see me there lies. i sometimes resent him having invited other people when we meet up, his having unwittingly turned a casual cup of coffee in a bar into an ordeal for me. i'm quite fearful of losing his friendship through such things.
Old 25th November 2005, 19:56
Banned (by own request)

I seriously think I'd be a whole different person if I didn't have so much fear locked up within me. I love meeting people, hearing stories, having adventures and generally experiencing what life has to offer, you know, all the stuff I'm scared of

Substance abuse though, that's a bad route to take. The occasional beer is all well and good, even a good medicinal smoke every now and again may be no cause for concern (in most people), but when it comes to regular drug use, or even very infrequent use of stimulants like MDMA, cocaine, amphetamines, etc, you're taking yourself on an uncomfortably unpredictable journey.

Ecstasy is one of the worse culprits, which often introduces people to chronic anxiety/depression after one night. Regular use is just asking to have your mind shrouded in everything negative.

Besides that, have a look around, there's plenty of people like you!

mico
Old 25th November 2005, 20:17

If getting out more involves getting hammered, high on drugs, and waking up in a hedge/jail cell/gay man's bedroom in Droitwich, I'm all for it! =D
Old 25th November 2005, 20:29
Banned (by own request)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeryx
If getting out more involves getting hammered, high on drugs, and waking up in a hedge/jail cell/gay man's bedroom in Droitwich, I'm all for it! =D

mico
Old 25th November 2005, 20:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaeryx
good lord almighty! you sure you have sa?
Old 25th November 2005, 21:01

hey guys.
well i see that most of you feel the same way i do.
well,i have a forum if any of you are interested for people in the uk/usa who love clubbing/club music (techno, house, etc..).
http://www.lonelyclubber.com

feel free to post with the rest of us...
later.
l.
Old 25th November 2005, 23:15

Mood
Inspired

what is self medicating on alcholl (getting smashed) or high on hard drugs but the desparate resort of inadequate people who can't enjoy themselves otherwise.
And we think WE have problem lives!!!
Closed Thread