SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 9th December 2010, 12:35

Mood
Fine

Default Work: Was i grassed up or was it just noticed?

I've done a favour for work and offered to do the paperwork for 2 departments. I have been doing this off and on for about 3 weeks now.

Yesterday this little annoying old woman was in the department and constantly hovering over my shoulder saying "have you put their names down and the times they've come in" etc, etc...

Today i was pulled up by one of the main people in charge of taking the paperwork claiming i was doing it wrong...I felt really embarrassed and angry that i nearly cried, i am very soft when it comes to been told ive done something wrong....

Now...when 2 of them were re-showing me how to do it that little old woman came up to me and to embarrass me even more she went "what's wrong have you been doing the paperwork wrong?" and she said it right cocky...so automatically i presumed she had grassed me up cos how come ive been doing the same for nearly 3 weeks and no ones noticed?!

Something i remembered yesterday....the little old woman went into the changing rooms as i was getting ready to clock out and was talking to one of the main teamleaders who's like the main one in charge and who goes to where the paperwork is handed in...the little old woman was saying to her how too many were in the department now and wondered if Carol (teamleader) would sort some out and move them....

Now i don't know if maybe that little old woman had noticed i was doing it wrong and told Carol, or she herself grassed me up but then today the afternoon shift person who is also doing the paperwork after i finished said that the person who told me i was doing it wrong this morning was looking for me after i had left yesterday afternoon....

The thing is Carol and my mum are friendly with each other at work (my mum is the receptionist there) and i have never done anything wrong to Carol and shes always smiled at me and sometimes spoke....

Im just so angry....maybe it was just suddenly noticed, either that or the little old woman had gone to the office herself and grassed me up, just dont think Carol would do that seeing as though its not her department to run!

What do you guys think....I know this may seem a silly thread but i just got so upset by it and angry!!!

Btw i only had 2 days to get shown how to do the paperwork where as other people had 2 weeks to learn!!!
Old 9th December 2010, 12:41

Default Re: Work: Was i grassed up or was it just noticed?

That sucks, just don't do them anymore favours. She probably did grass you up because people in an office environment seem to be naturally sly. I get people grass me up all the time, Just grass back on them or don't give them a chance to grass.

Generally management don't notice anything because their too busy with their own stuff.
Old 9th December 2010, 13:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal
That sucks, just don't do them anymore favours. She probably did grass you up because people in an office environment seem to be naturally sly. I get people grass me up all the time, Just grass back on them or don't give them a chance to grass.

Generally management don't notice anything because their too busy with their own stuff.

Sorry but I don't agree with this post at all.

To categorize everyone in an office environment as sly is just plain silly.

I would just presume that it had been noticed rather than assume someone had "grassed". I don't think its even right to think of it as being grassed on. If you weren't shown how to do it properly then its down to the training and also should have been mentioned before. Be grateful that it has been spotted sooner rather than later.
Old 9th December 2010, 14:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSwan
Sorry but I don't agree with this post at all.

To categorize everyone in an office environment as sly is just plain silly.
I will have to clarify myself - not ALL persons in an office are sly. However EVERY office has at least one sly person that "grasses" on the rest.

It is still hard to believe nobody noticed your mistake for 3 weeks but as BlackSwan said, it's down the poor training they provided.
Old 9th December 2010, 14:37

I don't know whether you've been grassed up or not but I wouldn't worry about it too much. Just hold your hands up and claim it was a genuine mistake and if you're shown hoe to do things properly it won't happen again. It doesn't sound like a sacking offence so just chalk it down to experience and be wary of doing any favours that might land you in trouble.
Old 9th December 2010, 15:09

I think the bottom line is this - you were doing it wrong and someone would of ended up noticing anyway.

Everyone makes mistakes, I wouldn't worry about it. As I've already said, it's the employers fault for not having a proper team leader fill that role.
Closed Thread