SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 22nd March 2016, 08:54

Default Generalised Anxiety - possibly?

Hello

I've always been a anxious person but it's usually if I have reason to be anxious like a meeting at work, interview, if a family member is unwell etc.

Recently I've started to get a lot of anxiety about myself or someone else hurting somebody.

Example
When I'm driving I get it, what if hurt somebody, so sometimes I have to check this to make sure everything is okay, so I would turn back, I try not to do this unless I'm really anxious because it isn't really helping. From how I see it is seems to have a lot of similarities to Ocd.

My dad has to pull off our drive onto a busy road, I have started to look out of the window, sometimes open the window and have to check everything is okay.

Even at work, I check the front of my car to see if all looks ok. Also involves pulling in to a drive where people walk past.

Even some elements of my work seem to involve more checking than the used to.

I seem to be more anxious in the morning and do not get much anxiety throughout the day.

I haven't spoken to my family about it because I'm worried about the way I'm feeling already without worrying others. A close family member has schizophrenia, this was caused by an overdose many years ago I don't want to end up like them.

Thanks for reading this.

*Please don't quote, thanks.

Newbs
Old 22nd March 2016, 10:00

Default Re: Generalised Anxiety - possibly?

It sounds like OCD to be honest. I've had this since I was young and it goes through patches of greater intensity. Usually, the greater intenisity patches come when you are more stressed or worrying about something. Crudely speaking, OCD can be related to a deficiency of Seratonin. This doesn't mean you will develop Schizophrenia so don't worry about that. However, if its getting bad, then it may be worth considering some therapy or medication (SSRI's). In addition, I've purchased some useful self-help books in the past. A good one could be 'Stop Obsessing,' by Foa and Wilson. Amazon link below.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stop-Obsessi...stop+obsessing

Hope you have good day and feel a little better soon.
Old 22nd March 2016, 12:55

Default Re: Generalised Anxiety - possibly?

^ Thanks for your reply