SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Board Management > The Garage
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Would you miss any of the following forums?
I would miss the Over 30s Club 13 19.70%
I would miss the Youth Club 4 6.06%
I would miss the Family Room 1 1.52%
I would miss all three 4 6.06%
I wouldn't miss any of them 40 60.61%
Not sure 4 6.06%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 16th June 2008, 00:10
Administrator

Mood
Tired

Default Re: Site Tidy Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Haze
Keep the blue colour scheme.
Not to worry. It should be relatively easy to set things up so that the current theme will remain a default choice, with further themes/skins available if you want to change things around a bit.
Old 16th June 2008, 01:26

Skins was something I said about ages ago. About the logo, (You call that a logo?!) It could easilly be spiced up from its current design. The same font just more exciting. I presume we are talking about the 'sa uk discussion board' title at the top. ??' It needs to stay as 'sa' though as no one wants 'social anxiety' open in their browser. Sa = sexaholics anonymous which I am fine with.

If the default skin was to change then I think blue is still the best color. Just change the style a bit. I think even the default needs a bit of work but whatever.
Old 16th June 2008, 09:37
Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by ®@***947;***1638;***1638;***1638;
I think that's a bit misguided. It's not only a stand-alone entity - it's pretty much hidden. In fact, it's even more hidden now that it's lower down the main page than it was. 99% of the people who use this site are adults (or at least, very nearly adults). Bearing that in mind, do newcomers really need that kind of protection? Surely, having The Basement in the 'General Discussion' category would attract more people to post there and would make more sense than the current 'balkanised' (for want of a better word) situation.
Personally, we'd be inclined to leave the Basement separate for the minute, that is, not to merge it into ''General Discussion'', but to leave it unto itself in its own category. Despite that, we would be inclined to move it up the page a little, perhaps have it situated above the new ''SA Community'' section and below ''General Discussion''

BTW, its current placement on the forum home page has nothing to do with protecting newcomers at all. It's simply a matter of having ended up there after moving things round a bit. I'm not sure that the current home page arrangement is the finished article, if you like, and we're open to suggestions if people feel that there might be further room for improvement.
Closed Thread