SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 15th April 2021, 16:19

Mood
Cynical

Default Re: Type what you're thinking about right now (11)

^^ A person with healthy self confidence if someone seemed to stop speaking to them would either ask outright, "have I done anything to upset/offend you?" or they would think to themselves, that person doesn't seem to want to speak to me anymore, I know I haven't done anything bad towards them so I will just forget about it and move on.
Old 15th April 2021, 16:23

^ I agree, I think it depends on how close the person is though as to whether or not the silent treatment would hurt. But yeah, a person with healthy self confidence would deal with the situation in a healthier way.
Old 15th April 2021, 20:38

Static electricity.

I've noticed that I keep getting static shocks and have been noticing other people getting them too. I hadn't really thought to bring it up in conversation, but someone has posted on the place where I live's Facebook page asking if anyone has noticed an increase in static shocks recently.
Old 15th April 2021, 20:43

^ I've been getting them all the time lately!

I started getting it from a kitchen tap a few weeks ago (but only at night for some reason) and sometimes I go to boop a cat's nose and they get little shock
Old 15th April 2021, 21:22

Mood
Crappy

What I'm thinking right now...It's Friday tomorrow! I've nearly made it through another anxiety ridden week...Rest and recuperation over the weekend and the dread will come on Sunday evening.
Old 16th April 2021, 07:47

Mood
Alienated

Static can **** off.

We have a couple of 3d printers at work and every time i start them in the morning..CRACK

I'm hoping that if I turn up 3 minutes late someone else has already switched them on
Old 16th April 2021, 09:44

Is the next 50 years technologically just connecting everything to internet and using AI. In basic terms a self driving car is basically a car that is connected to the internet and uses AI as well. If the internet and AI is added to a lot of things what extra capabilities are added to these things. I guess it’s like technology can be more independent which changes how we use them.
Old 16th April 2021, 10:20

Mood
Tired

^
so, when your car breaks down at the side of the motorway, it won't be a flat tire, an empty petrol tank or a blown gasket,..
it'll be
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Fiesta
ERROR 404 NOT FOUND
Old 16th April 2021, 10:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody
^
so, when your car breaks down at the side of the motorway, it won't be a flat tire, an empty petrol tank or a blown gasket,..
it'll be
Apparently we may not own cars as they become autonomous and to keep all the software and self driving tech best maintained it makes sense that it’s kept under check more.

Same thing would be happening to different tech though but have different implications. Imagine Amazon fresh tech in McDonald’s for example. Not needing to be home for deliveries but still getting the deliveries inside the house safely because of smart AI.
Old 16th April 2021, 11:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanuq
I got a big static shock on my nose yesterday
That must be a pain
Old 16th April 2021, 18:04

How strange that the static shocks are happening country wide.

Apparently it’s partly to do with the weather!
Old 16th April 2021, 18:42

Oh my gosh, Helen McCrory has died . Such an amazing actress.
Old 17th April 2021, 01:41

Mood
Breezy

^Very sad.
Old 17th April 2021, 11:45

House prices are crazy at the moment. It might be because of the 5% deposit thing. Crapshacks which were going for about 80k are now going for 140k which isn’t worth it when you factor in the cost of the work needed. It’s disheartening that I might not be able to get somewhere by the time I’ve saved the deposit. I was working towards a 10% depot by the end of the year but with the prices the way they are that will only be enough for a 5% deposit. I may end up just getting a flat with the council, at least I’ll still have the allotment for an outside space.
Oh well I’ve got a bath mat.
Old 17th April 2021, 12:50

^ I think it's also about Covid and people being stuck in their houses all day not wanting to work from a tiny space.
I have been looking in London but it's so depressing, not just because of the tiny flats I can barely afford but because I think looking for a place on your own inherently feels sad and miserable; OK here's the kitchen where I'll cook my meals for one, here's the lounge where I'll sit alone watching TV, etc.
Old 17th April 2021, 13:10

^That makes sense.
I know it’s not what you want but that sounds like bliss. I’m living where I’ve got 5 adults sharing 1 bathroom and kitchen. People take hour long baths here and always want to be in the kitchen when you’re doing something. Being alone would be wonderful.
Old 17th April 2021, 18:32

Mood
Alienated

I think what annoys me with house prices going up quicker than most people can save a deposit (which is even harder when your flying solo) ..is that I'd quite happily live round here..yet my parents bought the house for 50k 20 years back (I'm up in the scummy north, 50k is a lot, we get paid £3 an hour) ..and now similar ones on the same street are 150-160, excuse me but what does my extra 100k get me
Old 17th April 2021, 19:07

Mood
Cynical

^^^ That is like the household I grew up in and I'm never going back to it if I can help it! (Not that I'll ever be able to buy a house but never mind) Not being able to be in the bathroom for more than a few minutes without someone hammering on the door and shouting and swearing at me to get out for many years put me off ever living with more than one other person.

But anyway back to your original subject. Maybe you could look into affordable housing schemes or help to buy? There might be something that would help you buy somewhere more easily.
Old 17th April 2021, 20:27

Mood
Alienated

^^ TWO?!

I demand a pay rise!
Old 17th April 2021, 23:45

How antisocial and awkward I feel when meeting strangers.
Old 18th April 2021, 09:34

^Same 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougella
^^^ That is like the household I grew up in and I'm never going back to it if I can help it! (Not that I'll ever be able to buy a house but never mind) Not being able to be in the bathroom for more than a few minutes without someone hammering on the door and shouting and swearing at me to get out for many years put me off ever living with more than one other person.

But anyway back to your original subject. Maybe you could look into affordable housing schemes or help to buy? There might be something that would help you buy somewhere more easily.
That sucks, I’m sorry that’s what you had to put up with It’s a similar thing here but they aren’t my family they are my partners. It’s a difficult subject, I can’t really speak about it and have to remain respectful since they’ve taken me in (although I am paying rent).

Cambridge doesn’t have much affordable housing. They make a big deal every time they build some and it’s in the news but they are patting themselves on the back for building like 3 houses that hundreds will apply to. There’s also an unreasonable amount of shared ownership here. I’ve heard too many bad things about people being stuck because of those setups.
We have been approved by the council to get a flat because I’ve lived and worked here for so many years and there are too many people living in this house. I’m feeling lately like that’s what I’m going to go for. It will be great to stay close to my allotment so I don’t have to give it up.
Old 18th April 2021, 11:16

^ Thanks for your reply.
Old 18th April 2021, 12:08

Mood
Cynical

^^ I don't think most families are quite as bad at sharing space as mine were, but even if everyone gets on it's still stressful sharing living space with multiple family members I think. Still if it enables you and your partner to buy a place of your own it will be worth it in the end.
If you accept a council flat you could still continue saving while you're living there and you'd have your own space. It might be worth considering.
Old 18th April 2021, 19:51

Mood
Alienated

Huge anxiety about the week ahead. Definitely a Sunday evening feeling!

Most of the anxiety is work related. I’d quite happily never work, which I know is a controversial opinion to have.
Old 18th April 2021, 22:30

Mood
Alienated

^ If I could retire tomorrow I'd skip into the place to tell them.

I feel a million times better when I have a week off..even if I spend half of it feeling crap about going back.
Old 19th April 2021, 19:08

Forgot my shopping bags, did-en-I?

The guy on the till was like, "Are you suuure you don't want any bags." I drove there so thought if I carefully balanced it all on my packet of coke cans that it would all work out okay. It did not work out okay.

"No, I'm fine...I always intended to eat my sweet chilli hummous off the floor." Tastes better with a bit of floor grit in it.
Old 19th April 2021, 19:59

Getting a basic phone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSXSki-zocU
Old 20th April 2021, 21:21

I'm like a Black man with White man problems.

But I guess in all honesty I'm just a socially anxious person who lives in Britain and doesn't interact so much with other people, let alone other Black British people.
Old 21st April 2021, 00:12

yey the Super League is no more. Shove it up your arse Glazer family.
Old 21st April 2021, 17:01

FFS just as one neighbour finishes building work that's gone on for weeks and weeks another one starts up. The noise is horrendous. It's like living on a building site

Both these sets of neighbours recently moved out from London apparently for the greener spaces and bought houses with large green spacious gardens. So what's the first thing that they do? Spend their leisure time putting in shrubs and flowers and maybe cultivating a little vegetable patch? Do they heck! They cover the whole garden with ugly grey concrete. Even horrid green plastic grass would be preferable (another favourite with the neighbours). It looks monstrous and is absolutely terrible for wildlife. The saddest thing is watching a pigeon pecking away at a plastic lawn in the vain hope of finding a worm.

Every front lawn has been dug up and shrubbery pulled out to make way for driveways crammed with loads of cars (just how many vehicles does ONE family need?) and now they're starting on the back. If these people were elderly and unfit then it would be slightly forgivable but they are healthy people in their 30's...

I want to move to the middle of nowhere with not a neighbour in sight.

End of rant