SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 10th May 2019, 01:46
Banned at own request

Default Hi everyone

Really glad to have found this forum which looks very busy compared to the last one i was a member of.

I have been tortured by SA for all of my life and would like to conquer it to do some of the stuff with other people that i am interested in.I have been visiting a relative in hospital recently who has been there for me since my youth and now seeing him and hearing about his life being simalar to mine from his partner i want to make changes before it is too late..i'm late 40's.

I work a manual job so not great at writing and explaining my problems fully but hope this forum can help and hope to also in any small way i can help others younger than me in the same boat.

I've been invited to a rare party in a small house and would love to go but my SA is not letting that happen which is frustrating.

Anyway apologise to ramble on in my intro post..but when i get started .....thanks for letting me in
Old 10th May 2019, 07:34

Default Re: Hi everyone

Welcome to the forum
Old 10th May 2019, 09:47
Banned at own request

Thanks for the welcome

Last edited by Pub Jo; 10th May 2019 at 09:48. Reason: Cant spell thanks
Old 10th May 2019, 20:18

Hi Pub Jo, welcome I'm a similar age to yourself and was motivated to make changes after loved ones died, reminding me of my own mortality I guess ! Never too late to change n all that. Anyway, hope the site helps, it's good to know you're not the only one if nothing else ! Welcome

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 10th May 2019, 21:00
Banned at own request

Thanks Hackpen for the great welcome.Yep its quite shocking seeing someone you've looked up to and respected all these years lying in a hospital bed going down hill with dementia and now not able to look after himself.Just hits you hard got to make the most of your time and try break free of this ingrained restriction on your life..got to start having fun doing at least some of the stuff you've always wanted to.Got to stop falling back on old routines and leaning on people and try to get out there and somehow make some changes.

Hope to get some pointers from posts on here and already seeing people that have improved on here gives hope that it can be done..thanks
Old 11th May 2019, 10:21

Hi pub jo, sorry to hear about your friend. My mum had dementia, cruel illness I know. It can inspire you to seize the day tho, so it's a positive out of a bad situ I guess

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Old 27th May 2019, 16:23
Banned at own request

^Thanks Tubbs for the kind welcome.It's good so far and paticularly like the secret forum only members can see .... alot of interesting imfo and opinions on there
Old 11th July 2019, 02:05

Hello and welcome!