SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 3rd August 2019, 11:28

Default Hello

Another new member here. I'm not really sure what to say. I'm 28, live alone, work at home, have two cats. I'm not really sure what I'm looking to get out of a place like this yet, but some alternatives have proven to be a little unpleasant in the past and this place seems a bit different. Anyway... hello everyone.
Old 3rd August 2019, 13:32

Default Re: Hello

Hi Jen, and welcome. I'm pretty sure you will find the people here friendly and helpful. My work situation is similar to yours but I don't have the cats
Old 3rd August 2019, 14:25

Hi, hopefully you find some nice people here you can relate to.
Old 3rd August 2019, 14:26

Welcome to the forum
Old 4th August 2019, 11:09

Thanks everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midlife Bookworm
Hello and welcome, in some ways working for home sounds ideal - "work in your pyjamas" "a six feet commute to work"- but I guess everyone needs a social outlet too which I hope you have. I don't work through disability and am at home at lot so the SA UK chatroom and a Tinychat spinoff help me a lot. I hope you find this forum good for you.
I try to make working from home as much like going to work as I can in order to feel sane: getting up at 6am, getting dressed, going for a long walk, then coming home and sitting down to work at 8am until whenever I'm finished. I always try to do something productive in the afternoon (gym, writing, another walk, cleaning, gardening, etc) so that I don't feel guilty about doing whatever I want in the evenings and weekends. It took a while to get a routine going, but now that I have it seems to be working well for me. But yes, there is a very inconsistent and limited social outlet.
Old 4th August 2019, 16:22

Welcome I’ve found that there are some friendly people here. I hope you like it here.