SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 17th June 2019, 17:21

Default I'm making a film about SA/plug

I'm a filmmaker and I've suffered with social anxiety for many years. It’s made attempting this career difficult because filmmaking requires a lot of social interaction to make work and network to develop your career.

With CBT I've been getting there and I've written a film I'm really proud of. It looks a social anxiety and highlights a potential treatment. I wanted to make a positive film about the subject and look at ways people can try to get better. It’s been helpful for me to write the script, I've put a lot of myself into it. Also I wanted to contribute to the conversation on the subject in a positive way.

I'm hoping to make the film this summer and to do so I've started a crowd fund to do so:
https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/fruit-fix

I wonder if you can help? Possibly by sharing the link, whatever, every little helps…

Thanks for reading

Phil
Old 22nd June 2019, 22:42

Default Re: I'm making a film about SA/plug

It's a good idea. I'm not rich, but I can support with a very low sum of money, and maybe paste your initiative in the italian forum of social anxiety. It seems a good idea. I love movies about social anxiety disorder.

Upgrade

I confirm I made a very low donation, without any message, and I'm waiting for the digital copy of the film
Old 23rd June 2019, 20:24

I hope you get to make this film - I think its a story that needs to be told. I'm struggling off the top of my head to think of many accurate portrayals of SA in film or TV.

Film and TV has played a big part in raising awareness and understanding of many mental health issues over the last 15 years or so. I think SA needs more of a light shining on it.
Old 25th June 2019, 11:18

Thankyou both for your comments and support. Mr_Bean_vegan, every little helps. The film has been a passion project of mine for a number of years.

Personally, I've never seen a film that reflected my own experiences and thats one of the reasons I wanted to make it. When I was younger I thought I was just "Broken" - I didn't really know help was available. I finally started CBT age 39 and its been life changing, wish I knew it was a thing in my 20's.

This will be a dramatisation but I'm going to make it as truthful as possible.

Thanks again for your comments/support