SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 24th May 2023, 21:39

Default Unusual dreams

I keep having this dream of my flat at night. Its a dark stormy night and its raining. I cant outside because the window is frosted glass. Then I hear a bang and I wake up and thats it but today I was so distressed that I was crying.
Im not sure why Im dreaming this but its really stressing me . Do you think it means anything or nothing?

Have you had reoccuring dreams?
Old 24th May 2023, 21:59

Mood
Tired

Default Re: Unusual dreams

Dunno' ,...everything is so subjective when it comes to dreams,

But, on reading that it sounded like quite a cosy set-up,..
The rain outside, the stormy weather,..but presumably safe inside, at home, on the inside?
Could symbolise life outside of our inner circle of security as it were,.
The bang from outside could be symbolic of some aspect of life making a dent in that inner circle of safety and security?

I often have very vivid dreams of lots of very advanced aircraft in the sky doing battle,
With lots of people looking up in wonder at the fighter jets streaking back and forth overhead,
It's quite often alien civilization's aircrafts zooming about all over the sky,
Like there's some mass invasion or something,
This is often interspersed with dramatic plane crashes.

No idea what it means (if anything) but it always looks very dramatic and dazzling.
Old 25th May 2023, 16:37

I think that re occuring dreams symbolise something deep in pur minds and its ok to have them.
Sometimesits good to have really vivid dreams as they are fun.
Old 25th May 2023, 22:42

Yes! I have reoccurring dreams.

In childhood, I'd have the same dream a few times. It was about shadows and my shadow being pinned down and I couldn't move because my shadow couldn't move. I could not sleep for a long time because of that dream!

I often have a dream that I've agreed to go back to my old job and forget I hand my notice in for my current job and have to somehow juggle working in two different jobs at the same time.

And another one is where the ceiling is about to cave in because the water tank above it is overflowing. With that dream I always sleep walk (more like sleep run) and end up waking up from the dream in the bathroom and go into panic. Last time I tripped up so didn't make it out of the bedroom. I've had that dream three times in my life. Haven't had it for a while.

I just assume it's when i'm heightened with anxiety and my mind continues whirling in sleep! DON'T LET HER REST!
Old 26th May 2023, 22:32

I don't think I had reoccurring dreams ever, but dreams are something I trust. I trust them way too much to be honest, as I believe that if someone bad would happen in my life, I would see a warning in my dreams. As this what happened twice before.
Old 27th May 2023, 20:45

Mood
Lurking

I don't have many recurring dreams, but one I've had a few times lately makes me wake up feeling all shitty and anxious for the rest of the day.

I keep dreaming I'm at my old work location, for the same company I work for now, and that I am going to be made redundant, because they are selling the site off for housing, (which is what they actually did about 4 years ago). But I moved from that site about 8 years ago to the one I'm working at now. But in my dream, I am working myself up into a frenzy about being laid off and what will happen, how I will cope.

When I have had that dream it ruins my whole day afterwards.

I also can have very vivid dreams, which make me wake up.