SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 13th January 2011, 10:48

Default Re: Post your random crap here (7)

Last night i tried to stick Kit e kat in my kids shoes.....Only the dry stuff mind...
Old 13th January 2011, 17:14

Yay new Babychams
Old 13th January 2011, 17:41

Mood
Blah

Just watched the trailer for 127 hours. Think Im going to see this on Saturday night with my dad. I've never been to the pictures for 11yrs.

I dont know why, but I find films really hard to watch..especially if there is girls in them, romance and stuff like that. Even that trailer there showed two lasses and I quite fancied one of them straight away lol. I duno I just find stuff like this emotionally hard to deal with.

I guess Im a bit sad in that respect..because I cant see how films can affect me so much. It's sort of a powerful feeling of missing out hitting home..which can leave me feeling sad :/ As if films, even though they arent real, reinforce the loneliness and emptiness within my own life :/

Anyways yeah I think my dad is booking this up..so it looks like I'll not be backing out and going.
Old 13th January 2011, 17:46

Mood
Blah

Just wish I was doing this shiz with somebody I loved and who loved me back. I guess I have to start somewhere though and that means hanging out with family and friends..even though deep down I want more..that special person.

It's going to be difficult doing stuff with friends/family whilst trying to block out woman and relationships I will probs have to go at least a year like this..which is going to feel incredibly lonely at times What choice do I have though :/
Old 13th January 2011, 18:17
Banned (at own request)

Why am I so f-ing cursed? I can't believe I have a crappy pituitary gland tumour which only occurs in 10-15 out of every 100,000 people. What have I done to deserve this? I know I'm not perfect, I have issues but I surely don't deserve this. I wish there was a time machine so that I could travel back in time and..... I'm seriously thinking of travelling abroad and getting it removed but then I won't have backup from the docs in this country. From what I've been reading, it could recur. Some people have had like 2-3 surgeries because it came back. I sure hope that doesn't happen with me. And then there's a chance that it could affect my vision, i hope to god that don't happen with me but then again I am cursed. I swear I'm cursed.

They say smashing mirrors gives you seven years bad luck and I think that may be true because I punched a mirror years ago through anger. Nothing but bad luck ever since.
Old 13th January 2011, 19:40

I can't understand why complimenting others feels like pulling teeth for me. I always come across people who I think are lovely or awesome in some way but can't tell them. I think people ought to know that they have great qualitites! If I wasn't so socially awkward and it didn't feel so damn creepy/cheesy I'd love to run a service where I tell people nice things like this guy:

Old 14th January 2011, 00:35

Mood
Busy

Quote:
I can't understand why complimenting others feels like pulling teeth for me. I always come across people who I think are lovely or awesome in some way but can't tell them. I think people ought to know that they have great qualitites!
:hmmm:Now I'm the total opposite and tend to have a habit of over-complementing people(it's gotten better!), I think it has something to do with my stupid need to be liked by everyone, which I know isn't possible! So why I still insist on doing it? I have NO idea!

It seems to me that the more you try to please others and get them to like you, the less they actually think of you and the worse they will treat you! *In other words, I need to stop trying so damn hard all the time!*
It's not that I don't mean what I say either but because I always try to make everyone else happy and want others to show their appreciation of the effort I've put into everything (not saying anything I think will offend them and therefore losing my true self in the process), it probably seems like I'm being insincere.
Warning! A mild ranting session is about to occur therefore for anyone who does not agree with the opinions expressed in the next sentence, apologies will be made upon request! Thank you for your co-operation on this matter. From personal experience, what you give out does NOT get returned, I despise when people say all that rubbish about "You get out of life what you put into it!" What a load of codswallop! Ranting over.....

Quote:
If I wasn't so socially awkward and it didn't feel so damn creepy/cheesy I'd love to run a service where I tell people nice things like this guy:

OMG they made us watch this during one of our assemblies last year! My friend prodded me half way though it and said, "Haha Clare, that's you!" Some of the chav classes clapped at the bit where they kiss I don't know if that was supposed to be sarcastic or not.....!?!

^Funny how being overly nice has never caused me to be recognised by the press or anyone in authority though! Humph!
Old 14th January 2011, 06:32

Mood
Blah

Roll on 2pm, then I nomore work until Monday.
Old 14th January 2011, 10:26

innnaanniittyy. Inane. Inanenous. Inanitymous.
Old 14th January 2011, 10:28

^ why so serious?
Old 14th January 2011, 10:32

oh I'm not going on about threads. Just how my brain is right now:D Or if you're joking.
Old 14th January 2011, 10:38

Was joking 'inane' is generally the opposite of 'serious'
...and I just felt like quoting the Joker!
Old 14th January 2011, 10:47

FLASH! - a-aah - Saviour of the universe!
Old 14th January 2011, 13:01

You know it's time to do the laundry when:

- you have to wear those white underpants you bought in the M&S sale because it "seemed like a good idea at the time"
Old 14th January 2011, 13:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by schneebeli
You know it's time to do the laundry when:

- you have to wear those white underpants you bought in the M&S sale because it "seemed like a good idea at the time"
I personally think you should wait until you're wearing the full "I really need to wash some clothes" uniform before you even consider doing your laundry. This includes:

- Socks you got for Christmas, with pictures of reindeer on them
- A band shirt for a band you no longer like
- Shorts, in winter, because you've run out of trousers
- Rollerskates
Old 14th January 2011, 15:12

Mood
Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRG.89
Kev - do you get every weekend off? I wish I did, my shifts are variable but I usually work evenings 2-11, and I usually get lumped with the weekend now that I'm down to 2 days a week!
Hey

At the moment and since I returned to work from sick leave I have only worked one saturday (7am-11am) and two nights after flat hours (3.30pm-5pm). This was because we were offered an extra days payed christmas holiday..if we did that payed overtime.

I hate overtime..really cant stand it and my two bosses know it. One of the reasons I went on long term sick leave was because of pressure to do overtime all of the time. Everybody in the factory does it now..apart from me. I refuse to do it and it could cost me my job somewhere down the line.

At the moment there isnt that much work on..and although others have been doing OT here and there..they have pretty much left me alone. When the work does pick up though..there is going to be trouble ahead..because I cannot stand it and dont know if I will back down.

I hold this really strong belief that nobody should be forced to work beyond their flat hours..and I cant seem to shift from that belief..because I know im right. Life shouldnt all be about work..and for me eight and a half hours on a 5 day week begining at 7am every morning is enough.

My problem is that everybody does it..some feel forced..but most are happy to work it..if they could they would sleep in the damn factory. So I sort of stand out as the rebel lol.

I have over the past 13yrs in the company done endless amounts of overtime. In the early days wehn the company was young and I was their no1 painter..I was doing crazy shifts like 7am -9pm. Then for years I did 7am-5pm and 4hrs on a Saturday morning. But meh I had enough and made a stand.

Right now Im sort of using the excuse that I dont want to do overtime whilst Im still seeing my cbt therapist..as I'd like to fully focus on getting better. My cbt is due to run out very soon though..so no doubt the pressure with be back on sooner rather than later.

Im going to try to apply for a re-referral for another course of cbt though. I could do with receiving pro help all this year..which is asking a lot..but I do feel I need these weekly sessions for a while yet.

Anyways yeah..jeez I do go on and on.
Old 14th January 2011, 15:18
Banned

i hate overtime too. I hate places that just expect you to do it. my last two jobs expected you to do it and they were not even prepared to pay for it. what they do is overload you with so much work that it is impossible to finish in the normal time so you end up having to do it or a backlog will pile up, or the work simply wont get done. if you try and protest it doesn't go down well. hate jobs like that. overtime should be a choice. i don't want to stay there for a any longer than i should have to!
Old 14th January 2011, 15:28

I was in a poetic mood today

Worm

Lying on the path you wriggle
A little narrow pink squiggle
Your body is segmented
Like a Terry’s chocolate orange
But not as tasty
Unless you are a robin.
Old 14th January 2011, 15:29
Banned (at own request)

Mood
Innocent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory

Worm

Your body is segmented
But not as tasty
Unless you are a robin.
Old 14th January 2011, 16:14

Mood
Blah

Quote:

Worm

Your body is segmented
But not as tasty
Unless you are a robin.
Brilliant
Old 14th January 2011, 16:38

soulseeker- you are right about overtime. i feel no one should feel pressured into doing it , its not right good for you for refusing to do it !
Old 14th January 2011, 16:50

Quote:

Worm

Your body is segmented
But not as tasty
Unless you are a robin.

Old 14th January 2011, 19:04

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by magika

ppl must think im crazy- doesnt upset me to see ppl /children die but when its an animal i find it really upsetting
im exactly the same...i prob look harsh but it really doesnt bother me when i see the tv commercials for the starving kids and whatever...but when its one for dogs being abused and stuff i have to turn the tv off

its like the only thing that affects me..i can quite happily watch some mental horror film with school kids being shot while eating pizza..over the top gorefests..live operations..anything!...anything that involves an animals tho..off goes the tv!

poor doggy
Old 14th January 2011, 19:27

Mood
Alienated

Quote:
Originally Posted by magika
venom, glad im not the only one!!

god if that was me with my dog being rescued id insist on them rescuing the dog 1st!
haha yes i probably would too , or jump in after them only to remember i can barely swim anyway!

too many sites have these god damn animal cruelty banners that come up ahhhh like do i have to sit here and put my hand on the monitor to cover it up damn you adblocker work better!
Old 14th January 2011, 19:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy_work_aholic
It seems to me that the more you try to please others and get them to like you, the less they actually think of you and the worse they will treat you! *In other words, I need to stop trying so damn hard all the time!* :
I think it's good if you don't go extreme over-complimenting everyone, because you might come across as insincere and people won't take your niceness seriously Or else you could think that you know you've done nothing wrong so it's the other person's problem
I don't think I could go around being nice to eeeveryone though, I remember at school I would refuse to talk to people who I thought were nasty. (Even if that person happened to be in my friendship group ha!)
Tbh the reason I think I want to be nicer to others is to prove to myself that I'm still a good person and not some evil, bitter woman
Old 14th January 2011, 20:28

Mood
Blah

Ukonline is closing down so Im moving over to SkyBroadband. Will be getting a new router, 6 moths free introductory period, apparantly up to 20mb (more likely 8 max) and a new email address.

The important thing is the email. My current main email is shutting down (the email I use to register to all sites)..so will have to sort this out at the places I will need to online.

I dont know what this means for this site..regarding my change of email?

Ukonline is closing down on the 21st and all services will be stopped (including email)..though I may not have sky internet set up by then and may have to go without interent for a few days.

I dont know where I stand with this email thingy? If they close my current email..will I still be able to log into this site..and then change it once I receive my new email...?
Old 14th January 2011, 21:29

Mood
Alienated

not sure, interesting situation

some sites will check if its a valid email others wont care (thats why with quite a lot of sites u can just put yyy@yyy.yyy..or whatever) if they dont really care about the email situation it will work as normal but obviously if u want to request anything, reseting passwords and stuff you will never be able to get them

dont see why you would have an issue with this site, you log in with a username and password anyway? i dont even remember what email address i use just means you wont get any notifications

edit

you could play it safe but you probably wouldnt have to do this...you have a hotmail email right?..you can edit the email/password in your CP here..you can just change the email to your hotmail now while you have access to your current ISP one (incase it mails anything to it that u "have to click on) ..then when you get your new one change the hotmail one over to the sky one.....or just leave it as it is!

edit again!

i hate youu being able to get sky broadband! im like in the only backwards city in the uk that doesnt do BT so i get so shafted on internet id even be chuffed with your estimation of 8!..i get 4 on a good day and im UP TO 24...bar stewards!
Old 14th January 2011, 22:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulSeeker
Ukonline is closing down so Im moving over to SkyBroadband. Will be getting a new router, 6 moths free introductory period, apparantly up to 20mb (more likely 8 max) and a new email address.

The important thing is the email. My current main email is shutting down (the email I use to register to all sites)..so will have to sort this out at the places I will need to online.

I dont know what this means for this site..regarding my change of email?

Ukonline is closing down on the 21st and all services will be stopped (including email)..though I may not have sky internet set up by then and may have to go without interent for a few days.

I dont know where I stand with this email thingy? If they close my current email..will I still be able to log into this site..and then change it once I receive my new email...?
You'll still be able to log into SAUK. Changing email addresses won't stop you from logging in as you don't need to use your email address details to log in. Anyway, we can update your details with the new email address if you let us know what it is when you get it.

Edit: Actually you can change your email address yourself: on 'user cp' you have the option to change password and/or email.
Old 14th January 2011, 22:39

Mood
Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom
not sure, interesting situation

some sites will check if its a valid email others wont care (thats why with quite a lot of sites u can just put yyy@yyy.yyy..or whatever) if they dont really care about the email situation it will work as normal but obviously if u want to request anything, reseting passwords and stuff you will never be able to get them

dont see why you would have an issue with this site, you log in with a username and password anyway? i dont even remember what email address i use just means you wont get any notifications

edit

you could play it safe but you probably wouldnt have to do this...you have a hotmail email right?..you can edit the email/password in your CP here..you can just change the email to your hotmail now while you have access to your current ISP one (incase it mails anything to it that u "have to click on) ..then when you get your new one change the hotmail one over to the sky one.....or just leave it as it is!

edit again!

i hate youu being able to get sky broadband! im like in the only backwards city in the uk that doesnt do BT so i get so shafted on internet id even be chuffed with your estimation of 8!..i get 4 on a good day and im UP TO 24...bar stewards!
Thanks for the reply Venom. Im actually pretty happy im shifting over to a new ISP. Ukonline ended up becoming so poor with speeds. I done a speedtest not long ago..and it was telling me I was hitting less than half a MB..wtf? They were meant to be offering up to 8MB's.

Changing to Sky will no doubt boost my speeds in some ways. The main improvement I want to see is when streaming Youtube vids..I'd like them to load much quicker. Other than that speed doesnt really bother me too much..as long gone are my file sharing days and downloading this that and the other.

My new email aswell..im looking forward to. Hopefully I wont get anywhere near as much spam once I am using it. Sick to death of getting unwanted emails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitri
You'll still be able to log into SAUK. Changing email addresses won't stop you from logging in as you don't need to use your email address details to log in. Anyway, we can update your details with the new email address if you let us know what it is when you get it.

Edit: Actually you can change your email address yourself: on 'user cp' you have the option to change password and/or email.
Cheers for this Kitri. Had fears of being ousted or thrown into SAUK jail for email fraud
Old 14th January 2011, 23:17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaveGirl
Tool Academy...is this programme for real?! The husbands boyfriends are vile!

fixed
Closed Thread