SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 30th November 2023, 11:30

Default How does anxiety affect you life?

I'm not sure if this is a useful question but was thinking of it.

I think for me it affects my wellbeing because it affects how I interact with others in social settings. And School and work seems heavily dependent on social interaction. Tbh maybe I am just heavily affect by what social interactions I have though.

It seems like anxiety affects my life but is a symptom of other issues that need to be sorted, mental issues. The issues of work and School are sometimes the work and school itself but a lot of it is mainly unresolved mental issues.
Old 1st December 2023, 01:30

Default Re: How does anxiety affect you life?

Yeah definitely similar. It affects how and (and sometimes) who I interact with. I don't usually start the interactions but will usually respond quite well when spoken to first, which is something I'm still actively working on. Sometimes, for some reason I can't help but allow a feeling of negativity cloud how a potential interaction might go (if it even happens at all).

Funny thing is, when I let that happen, that's what messes things up for me. On the other occasions when I block those negative feelings out before potential interactions, it goes well and there was nothing to worry about. And even if it doesn't, it's more to do with the person than me.

Something about False Expectations Appearing Real (F.E.A.R.). I still need to get better at it though.