SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Other Issues and Conditions
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 30th September 2016, 01:41

Mood
Tired

Default What are my needs?

For me, I can't think of the last time I had one of those conversations where I lost track of the time with someone my own age of the opposite sex. That's what I'm missing. I want to meet someone who I find attractive, who feels the same about me, who's easy to talk to where I can lose track of the time in conversation. None of the recent local social opportunities have yielded anything like that. Specifically single people.

I'm not asking for advice on how to get more of that in my life, but whether anyone else is feeling that the absence of this is a source of unhappiness, or a reason they might be feeling depressed or drinking.
Old 30th September 2016, 16:00

Mood
Balanced

Default Re: What are my needs?

The lack of connection with a member of the opposite sex, not just sex but that inexplicable link where where you get lost in the flow of being with someone, was definitely a key driver in a great deal of my anxiety and resultant depression in the past.
Old 1st October 2016, 03:07

Mood
Mondayblues

I have anxiety to make plans to go see my friends and follow threw with it but I have depression because I miss seeing them and being social and having fun. I need that.
Old 1st October 2016, 03:22

I've not had that connection with anyone for... 20 years at least. I doubt it will ever happen again to me. I don't have anything to say about anything.
Old 21st October 2016, 02:32

I have exactly the same thoughts and feelings, Hollowone - I totally relate to that - and definitely a cause of my unhappiness and drinking etc..
I also find it very hard to imagine I ever will.