SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 26th August 2010, 20:44

Mood
Fine

Default I Just Received An Invite To A Party From A Guy I Went To School With On Facebook!

This guy I don't know him at all I don't remember him from school and he doesn't know me, I just put him on my page about a month or two ago, I accepted his friend request.... He never says anything to me not a hello thank you for the add, I said it to him on his page.... I say that to everyone who adds me...anyway he invites me to his show cause he's a new upcoming rapper,he invited me to his other page....this guy never says anything to me not a like or comment on my music statues that I post from youtube...but anyone else that's on my page he's cool with them and comment and likes there postings from youtube....I understand he wants to promote his music but at least be friendly by saying, "hello we don't know each other but I see we went to the same school, i'm Blank nice to meet you,I see you love hip-hop music I like your style...since you like music check out my music sometimes"! That's a good way of getting to know me or each other, if we share things in common which is music....how does he expect me to come to his show if he doesn't communicate with me?! I just recently ignored and said not going to his event...well I didn't say "not going" I clicked on the options on the event page. I probably wouldn't go anyway because of my social anxiety...and I don't have anyone to go with. He's promoting his music the wrong way, if he wants me to be a fan and check him out he must talk...he seems like an a*% to me anyway,I could be wrong but what do you all think and what would you do if that was you in that situation, and how would you feel?
Old 27th August 2010, 14:47

Mood
Balanced

Default Re: I Just Received An Invite To A Party From A Guy I Went To School With On Facebook

Could be one of 2 things; either he's inviting all his FB friends because that's the sort of person he is and/or he is not able to talk to you becuase he might have secretly liked you in school. He might be a little shy and would like you to attend. I would go. I would just feel he was being friendly.
Old 27th August 2010, 15:29

Default Re: I Just Received An Invite To A Party From A Guy I Went To School With On Facebook

My impression is he's probably marketing himself by inviting all the people on his friends list to his show.

(I don't know though, maybe he's being friendly)
Old 27th August 2010, 16:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacob's Ladder
My impression is he's probably marketing himself by inviting all the people on his friends list to his show.
Yeah, that's the impression I got, too.
Old 27th August 2010, 22:13

Mood
Fine

Thanks guys for your replies maybe he is...@JH123, I don't know him I never knew him I don't think he never knew me either, if he did he knew me as the girl with hardly no friends,or the quiet/shy girl.
Old 29th August 2010, 07:25

Mood
Fine

No I don't talk to him he does not talk to me, I recently liked thumbs up one of his music links...a artist that I like. I just hate when people add me and don't bother to ever say anything to me.
Closed Thread