SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 19th March 2023, 22:19

Default Are there parts of your body you dislike as it gets older

Arms makes me laugh when someone has old arms.
And I have old arms I hate it.
Old 20th March 2023, 00:09

Default Re: Are there parts of your body you dislike as it gets older

Are there any bits of my body I like?
If there are, I haven't found them yet.
The whole thing looks like it was put together by a drunk surrealist Dr Frankenstein with a sense of humour.
Old 20th March 2023, 01:06

Mood
Cynical

No, I disliked it much more when I was younger!
Old 20th March 2023, 09:58

Sorry if this triggered anyone.
Old 20th March 2023, 12:52

For all you ageing SAers who are worried about your biological degeneration, I have a suggestion. Parabiosis.

Parabiosis? What's that?

It is a transfusion of blood from young people. (Can you tell where I'm going with this yet?)

Here is a Guardian article about it:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...ts-mice-plasma

So, as we are in the part of the SAUK discussion board where none of those annoyingly youthful SAers venture, I suggest we hatch a plan to secure some of their blood for our own rejuvenation purposes. Sort of like dairy farming, only with young SAers. What do you think? I'm sure some of you have already identified some likely candidates for 'farming'. Imagine their plasma coursing through your veins. I bet you feel younger already.

OK, who's with me?
Old 20th March 2023, 13:52

Mood
Cynical

^ How young do they need to be We're struggling a bit with younger members round here these days. I'm not sure there'd be enough for all of us!
Old 20th March 2023, 13:57

^^ I think I saw a film about that once. It didn't end well for the blood farmers.
Old 20th March 2023, 15:17

Mood
Cynical

^ When I was 22 I was not fussing over my eyebrows. I had problem skin, out of control frizzy hair, excessive sweating, a problem with blushing along with many other things.

I think there's an idea that people look their best when they're younger, but that's not the case for everyone, some people are overweight or underweight at that point, or struggling with skin conditions, not used to how their body works yet, haven't found the right kind of exercise for them or just not living the best lifestyle, drinking more alcohol and eating poorly.
I actually think many people get more comfortable with themselves and grow into their looks more in their 30s and 40s, which means they are overall more attractive.

But yes I agree that making people feel worse about themselves so that they buy things to "fix" their physical appearance is a deliberate ploy by the beauty industry.
Old 21st March 2023, 00:07

Mood
Tired

Small intestine,.. I'm not sure why, I think it didn't laugh at one of my "hilarious" jokes once, we didn't speak much after that,
We just haven't had the same relationship since
Old 21st March 2023, 01:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Devil, Probably.
Women are in their physical prime maybe ages 19-27, men possibly something similar.
No way! Women are in their physical prime maybe ages 30-53 or something.
I would say the same applies to men as well.

19-27 is prime maybe when it comes to certain physically taxing sports, but not in normal life. xD
Old 21st March 2023, 18:51

Mood
Cynical

^ I agree with you there
Old 21st March 2023, 20:12

^ I mean even football players play until they're 40 (Ronaldo is 38)
Some start MMA career in their 30's

Imagine the number of stunning celebrities we would exclude even if 50 was the maximum/past prime!
It doesn't just work that way.
Old 22nd March 2023, 17:52

I had heard eyebrows get bushier with age but some days I feel like Jack Nicholson is starring back at me. My eyebrows are sparse but seem to have strays that like to grow upwards and outwards in all directions. I also lost a large chunk of eyebrow a few months ago after wiping off an eye brow powder. If I was in my 20’s I’d of cried for that loss, now I’m like “I’m over the hill, no point rolling down it crying”. And there lies my acceptance. I mean ask me the same in 5-10 years and I’ll probably be crying again but right now, meh at least Jack is a good actor sums up my attitude. I have noticed I’m not as horrified by body hair as I used to be. I still don’t like body hair but I also can go a few days without shaving and not feel beastly. I praise the young girls for that shift in my behaviour. Showing us elders how it’s done. As for sagging, my ass is probably more extra leg now in that it’s so flat but I can’t risk lifting weights with my knees.
Old 22nd March 2023, 18:16

Only internally.

Being unable to eat pizza actually upsets me
Old 22nd March 2023, 21:01

^ I'm even too scared to try a gluten free one just in case it happens. It's incredibly painful that I don't want to risk it! Other glutinous foods don't have the same effect, so who knows! Once it was caused by some stale Italian bread.

^ & ^^ when people put the postcode for Sherwood Forest into their sat-navs, they often get directed to my eyebrows.

They're unruly! I used to be really self conscious about my eyebrows. They were all I could focus on and worry about. I kind of love them now though.
Old 23rd March 2023, 18:09

I've disliked things long before I got older. The getting older part is at least not unexpected and peers are in the same boat, so easier to cope with psychologically. Although I may eat my words later. Its odd to find my face ageing every year when it looked the same for years and years.

I have some half-baked ideas about young women. It may be a semi conscious desire to secure the best mate. This anxiety is amplified and exploited by the beauty industry. The social pressure to look good is enormous. It is like an unpaid job you are expectedto perform. And you get looked at all the time so you can hardly forget about it. And you haven't really had a chance to get status from doing things, so the status comes more from looks.

I think men typically hit peak beauty in their late 20s, but maybe my own sexism is coming into play there.
Old 24th March 2023, 18:00

Mood
Sad

Breasts and thighs.
Old 24th March 2023, 21:58

I prefer how I look now to in my 20s and 30s, despite the ageing processes at work.
Old 24th March 2023, 23:31

^^ you and me both, P*L.
I don't want either...
Old 29th March 2023, 08:01

There aren't enough hours in the day to list all the parts of my body that I dislike particularly as it gets older so I'll say ALL of it!

When I reached middle age, my appearance and whether I was presenting an attractive exterior to the world became far less important and I am now just thankful if my body is mobile and functioning properly. I've become totally invisible with age which is actually quite liberating having spent too many of my younger years feeling hyper self conscious and wishing the ground would swallow me up.

However, apart from becoming invisible, I can't think of anything positive about getting older. My whole body has started to go to pot now that I've hit the dreaded
The waistline thickens, the arms get flabbier, the frown lines deepen and, worst of all, aching bones have become a daily occurrence and what little get up and go I had has totally got up and gone. I see lots of women a decade or two older than me brimming with confidence and energy so I'm hoping that 55+ is the new 40 and that this is when my life will finally begin!
Old 8th April 2023, 23:48

Mood
Tired

My face, as I get older I can see myself starting to age, getting laughter lines etc.......its depressing
Old 2nd June 2023, 12:08

"a person will start to melt as they go through their 40s and eventually turn to goo"

That cracked me up! Like a weird kind of superpower where you can become liquid state and fit through tiny cracks in walls!

I have a strange approach to aging. The artist in me has always found older faces really interesting. There are so many different angles and shadows and lines going on. I love that. Back when I did 'proper' art, I always preferred to have older models sit for me.

I also have a weird fascination with my hair, as I developed several grey (very sparkly silver, so not hidable) streaks when I was going through some traumatic stuff in my teens. I've always dyed my hair, so I don't really see them and most other people have no clue. But now I'm on my way to 40 and naturally getting other grey hairs, I'm considering leaving it to grow out for the first time in decades as it won't look so odd now. Or I'll soon be able to dye it all the same colour in one go without having to spend extra time/money on the mismatched bits. Which is a lot less effort. So in that respect, aging is nice.

I think I looked worse when I was in my teens, as I had really bad acne, massive glasses, bad hair, terrible dress sense, no social skills. So in comparison I look better now that I'm older. I never based much of my self worth on my appearance, as there was no point. I focused on other things instead and learned to crack jokes about the way I looked before other people did. So physically aging now doesn't bother me quite as much as a lot of women I know who were stereotypically 'hot' until now. I don't feel the sudden pressure to start pumping botox into my face or getting implants embedded in my cheeks. I don't get much attention from guys, which sucks as I'm still looking for a partner. But I didn't get much attention when I was younger either. So it's not such a drastic change. The hardest bit now is accepting that it likely won't happen due to timing. Whereas in my 20s/early 30s I thought I still might have a chance at finding someone. So the lack of time hurts more.

Although the appearance thing in every day life is a net positive for me. I always looked younger than my age and a lot of people either didn't take me seriously or took offense that this 'kid' (I got called that right up until my 30s) was trying to give out advice as if I knew anything about anything. My face is now catching up with my age, and I've noticed people actually bother listening to what I say rather than brushing me off. Most men ignore me, but the ones who do talk to me treat me like a human. That's a definite plus.

Saying all that, I'm a massive tech head and not that emotionally attached to my body. So if robotics gets advanced enough, I'd be tempted to go full Alita and get everything swapped out for cyborg parts!
Old 2nd June 2023, 13:21

Does anyone ever get clicky ankles when they walk?
It's very disturbing.
Sometimes I get really weird noises from my body that make me wonder what the heck's going on in there.
Old 23rd August 2023, 21:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by anxiouslondoner
Does anyone ever get clicky ankles when they walk?
Yup.

What I hate most out of everything is: (1) grey hairs, which won't bloody well fall in line with all the non-grey hairs but insist on doing their own thing, thus making them even more obvious; and (2) the backs of my hands.
I saw a photo of myself yesterday from 2019, and I seem to have aged so much since then. Like exponentially.
I think maybe the backs of my hands look crappy because I put them in bleach quite regularly while steriliisng stuff for work, which prolly isn't the best . But then again, it might just be age.
Anyway, worse than the outer signs is the inner deterioration, with aching knees, shoulders, etc. I start to think I physically won't be able to keep doing my job in another few years, which is gonna be the end of...well, of me, really.
PS - I am not ancient, though I know I sound it (though its all relative)!
Old 31st August 2023, 20:59

Mood
Alienated

I've never liked any aspect of my body from day 1. Well, except for my eyes. I quite like those for some reason. And due to my disability, I have felt quite old since I was young too.

But i'm quite angry i'm going bald at age 30. Its like my body is saying "well, you don't like your hair anyway, so i'm doing you a favour"
Old 31st August 2023, 21:51

When I was in my 20s I focused so much on my appearance. I was trying to enhance everything back then. And I do mean everything! Whereas now, I'm just grateful that I've still got a pulse! Pulse for the Win is what I say! Although I probably need to limit my pot noodles for that win. To pot noodle, or not to pot noodle, that is the question!
Old 1st September 2023, 08:31

Take good care of your bum cheeks, gang. You only get one set of those puppies. An arse is for life, not just for Christmas.
Old 1st September 2023, 14:16

^I'm sure one can get implants now.

I didn't like my body at all when I was younger and it hasn't got any better, but I've had over sixty years to come to terms with it, so now it's only those who have to look at me who suffer. Overall, I'm just happy to be relatively healthy.

What I have noticed, however (and I am finding it difficult to come to terms with this) is that minor injuries are taking longer to heal - in May, I got a hairline fracture of a metatarsal in my right foot and it's only now that I can walk a decent distance (more than ten miles) pain free, almost four months later! I also sometimes get hip, knee or shin pain when hill-walking and I sweat more easily than I used to. The more I write here, the more I understand why I'm single!

Sent from my M2010J19CG using Tapatalk
Old 1st September 2023, 23:42

Mood
Fine

My hair. I have to have my hair very short now due to hair loss, and I don't want to go full on shaved head as I know it'll look even shitter.
Old 8th September 2023, 23:42

I was going to talk about Mr Pickle, but I'm going to talk about Mr bags under my eyes instead. It's nothing major. Not that much at all really. But it's enough to remind me that I'm getting older. I was going to put some cucumber on my eyes, but I had a cheese and cucumber sandwich yesterday. Although I've still got some cheese left I suppose.