SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 17th February 2015, 11:21

Mood
Pensive

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by multiple miggs
old
Old? You're the same age as my eldest son, how do you think I feel?

Today's going well so far, I've been up 7 hours and haven't cried yet
Old 17th February 2015, 12:00

Feeling weird.

Yesterday on BookFace I saw that a local family (mother and child) had gone missing. Everyone was panicking because it's a smallish community here. They released a car registration plate. I memorised it with some outlandish surreal mnemonics. It worked and I was able to reel the thing off easily, even though my memory is ordinarily shite.

Few hours later they'd found the car. They'd had an accident, the boy alive, the mother dead. Feel so sorry for their family.

Also very angry. A dog I had to re-home recently (due to it not getting along with my current dog) has returned to us. The new owners were moving and didn't want him. I think they would've just left him on the streets. When we picked him up it was dark but when we got home we saw the full extent of it: he was not only filthy (and smelly) but extremely skinny and thirsty. He also seemed weirdly submissive and subdued. We gave him a good clean and the water that ran off him was brown. Ok dirt is one thing, but his demeanour and desperate thirst and skinniness tells me he had been neglected. The annoying thing is when we first went to drop this dog off at this stupid woman's house, I felt something wasn't right. Right afterwards I had a massive panic attack because something seemed wrong and I couldn't put my finger on it, and my partner reassured me it was OK. Logically it was fine but my gut reaction was right, for once.

Anyway he is back to his normal self now, happy and bounding around, harassing my other dog. hehe.

I don't know if I mentioned this before but I took on a rescue rabbit (from a student where I work) because she couldn't afford to fix him up (he had a really bad infection). I took him to the vets, got him sorted. Fallen a bit in love with him but will re-home him with a lady I work with (who I trust will take good care of him, she is big into animal welfare). My house is turning into a zoo.

My oversensitivity to cute animals is starting to cost me !
Old 17th February 2015, 12:13

Mood
Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by runaway
I can relate to that Finlay,.
I get this quite a lot,. recovery from SA has been a very up and down affair with lots of gains and losses,
I suppose staying on top of things, whilst being the right thing to do, can get tiresome sometimes, and you naturally need a break, of sorts.
things is,. when opportunities come your way, or your get thrown into something unexpected, you'll always be better able to cope and make the most of it if you've kept yourself healthy and on top of things,..

it's always when I haven't washed or worn old dirty clothes that I'll get door-stepped or asked out at short notice

-- last night I ended up in a posh restaurant sitting having an impromptu meal, last thing I thought I'd be doing,.
I hadn't washed for 2 days (just felt way too meh to bother )
and had dirty old clothes on,.
result was I was scarlet with embarrassment the whole time and was super uncomfortable the whole time,. yeuch.
Sorry for my late reply to your reply, and also thanks for your reply....if you get what I mean

Re the clothes thing, yeah I hate that too. When I don't plan on leaving to house or seeing anybody, I wear some of the most threadbare, crappy-but-comfortable clothes I have. Joggies, faded old T-Shirts, a hoodie that's been worn for days on end etc. All well and good, but when someone comes to the house unexpectedly, then I feel terrible. If I get the chance, I'll run upstairs and throw on some half-decent stuff to be presentable.
Old 17th February 2015, 12:55

Mood
Crappy

Slightly agitated.Annoys me when a certain someone does'nt hear a simple statement and then grills me about it later.
Old 17th February 2015, 13:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_mamba
Feeling weird.

Yesterday on BookFace I saw that a local family (mother and child) had gone missing. Everyone was panicking because it's a smallish community here. They released a car registration plate. I memorised it with some outlandish surreal mnemonics. It worked and I was able to reel the thing off easily, even though my memory is ordinarily shite.

Few hours later they'd found the car. They'd had an accident, the boy alive, the mother dead. Feel so sorry for their family.

Also very angry. A dog I had to re-home recently (due to it not getting along with my current dog) has returned to us. The new owners were moving and didn't want him. I think they would've just left him on the streets. When we picked him up it was dark but when we got home we saw the full extent of it: he was not only filthy (and smelly) but extremely skinny and thirsty. He also seemed weirdly submissive and subdued. We gave him a good clean and the water that ran off him was brown. Ok dirt is one thing, but his demeanour and desperate thirst and skinniness tells me he had been neglected. The annoying thing is when we first went to drop this dog off at this stupid woman's house, I felt something wasn't right. Right afterwards I had a massive panic attack because something seemed wrong and I couldn't put my finger on it, and my partner reassured me it was OK. Logically it was fine but my gut reaction was right, for once.

Anyway he is back to his normal self now, happy and bounding around, harassing my other dog. hehe.

I don't know if I mentioned this before but I took on a rescue rabbit (from a student where I work) because she couldn't afford to fix him up (he had a really bad infection). I took him to the vets, got him sorted. Fallen a bit in love with him but will re-home him with a lady I work with (who I trust will take good care of him, she is big into animal welfare). My house is turning into a zoo.

My oversensitivity to cute animals is starting to cost me !
Glad the pooch is OK now. I sometimes wonder if the dogs where I volunteer always go to good homes. The RSPCA do quite a lot of vetting but people can be very deceitful.

BTW, talking of Facebook, I saw something on there a couple of days ago that really grossed me out. I don't often get genuinely offended, but it did make me think, why does someone do that publicly. Mmmm...
Old 17th February 2015, 16:05

My facebook name Nicola Louise Harrison if anyone wants to request me. It can be useful to keep socially motivated & put something worthy up.
Old 17th February 2015, 17:01

Mood
Pensive

Quote:
i wants a friend...just one
Aww I'll be your friend
Old 17th February 2015, 18:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Progress
Glad the pooch is OK now. I sometimes wonder if the dogs where I volunteer always go to good homes. The RSPCA do quite a lot of vetting but people can be very deceitful.

BTW, talking of Facebook, I saw something on there a couple of days ago that really grossed me out. I don't often get genuinely offended, but it did make me think, why does someone do that publicly. Mmmm...
Ha, I suspect it was it the ballsack thingy on valentine's day? Was just a stock photo, not a photo of my friend.

Yes you can never be 100% sure about people who take on animals, that's what makes the process so hard. How am I going to go about getting a good home for him I wonder. I think I will just be honest about his story so far and see if anyone is sympathetic. Then I'll pretend I work for the RSPCA to scare them a bit (well, I do work in animal welfare but not dogs).
Old 17th February 2015, 19:31

Mood
Bored

Quote:
i wants a friend...just one
I'll be your friend miggs.
Old 17th February 2015, 19:43

Mood
Bored

^
Old 17th February 2015, 23:39

Mood
Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suedehead
Alone. I'm always alone and I'm sick of it. And the only person to blame for it is myself. I ****ing hate myself.

Quote:

shit.alone. tired of hearing my shit. yeah, shit.
Hope you are feeling better soon.
Old 18th February 2015, 00:33

Quote:
^

Crap having them feelings, on a b day inparticular , hope you had a good day still miggs
Old 18th February 2015, 00:45
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suedehead
Alone. I'm always alone and I'm sick of it. And the only person to blame for it is myself. I ****ing hate myself.
Quote:

I'm feeling pretty much the same. Had a very alone & worthless feeling day, full of too much stupid introspection.

Hope you both feel better soon. esp MM you shouldn't feel shit on your birthday.
Old 18th February 2015, 01:23

^ Hope you have a better day tomoz Mo
Old 18th February 2015, 01:30

Shit. Alone. Depressed. Anxious. Hating on life. Yeah... Usual....
Old 18th February 2015, 04:53

^People don't know the meaning of hard work! I just had a similar experience except I was woken up by an alarm I set myself because it's sort of time to get up and go to work anyway***8230; *******8230;
Old 18th February 2015, 04:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatus
Angry, tired and tearful.

I was woken up last night from 330 until I had to get up for work and again tonight over an hour ago. I have another ****ing 12 hour shift tomorrow which my asshole housemates know, yet do they try and show me a little respect and keep it down? Of course not because they're asshole. **** I'm so ****ing angry. And now I'm in tears. Brilliant.
Hope you manage to get some more sleep
Old 18th February 2015, 07:12

Anxious. Frustrated. Just want to be comfortable and warm without putting effort in. Want to eat but don't want to get out of bed. Want to be able to concentrate on the things I need to. Want to never have to experience the terrified stuckness I did last night/yesterday again. Want someone to be there when I feel that way. Want my strength back. Angry with the world for making me feel this way.
It's not wrong to have given up my job. I have done it for decent reasons. I have been attacked by my anxiety in the most vicious way since I stopped practising mindfulness. In a way in which I could not see what it was at all. This is what used to happen in my 'stuck' periods but it was somehow worse because I had forgotten what they were like it seems. And that is terrifying. I am terrified something awful will happen.
Old 18th February 2015, 08:10

Mood
Bored

Feeling awful, socially screwed up, what a weirdo I am, no wonder I have no friends. God, I must be such an annoying person to have to interact with.
Old 18th February 2015, 08:35

No one knows where I am or what I'm doing. I could do anything. I don't want to do anything... alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I don't matter.
Old 18th February 2015, 08:57

I feel really tired, haven't slept properly in days. Keep getting a few hours a night hopefully my mum coming home tonight will give me some comfort
Old 18th February 2015, 10:05

Mate, I don't exist anymore. These people who have claimed to care about me, actually don't.
Old 18th February 2015, 11:59
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focused
^ Hope you have a better day tomoz Mo
Ta Focused
Old 18th February 2015, 12:31

I have a cold I really haven't been around the rest of the general population that much so I don't know how I caught it

Moan over...
Old 18th February 2015, 17:28

Mood
Tired

A little sad, and not as healthy as I'd like to be.
Old 18th February 2015, 17:49

Mood
Nerdy

Bit sad and fed up. Just played with my cat and feel a little better though. I wish I had her life!
Old 18th February 2015, 19:03
Co-Administrator

Mood
Tired

^
Yes, I have to say, it's the one time I'm grateful to now be in a housing association (thankfully in a nice area) tenancy. If anything goes wrong there pretty good at getting it done. I used to be private rental and the maintenance (or lack of) crap you'd have to put up with.
£840pm rent yet I was always to afraid to mention the dodgy windows, backdoor and whole bathroom. Or end up with them deciding they couldn't be bothered.
Old 18th February 2015, 21:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amatus
Angry, tired and tearful.

I was woken up last night from 330 until I had to get up for work and again tonight over an hour ago. I have another ****ing 12 hour shift tomorrow which my asshole housemates know, yet do they try and show me a little respect and keep it down? Of course not because they're asshole. **** I'm so ****ing angry. And now I'm in tears. Brilliant.
Know exactly how you feel ive had the same for months from my family, hope you manage to get some sleep soon .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Huntsbach
^People don't know the meaning of hard work! I just had a similar experience except I was woken up by an alarm I set myself because it's sort of time to get up and go to work anyway… ****…
Bastard alarms , felt a bit crap so thanks for the laugh.

Seems nothing in life goes how i plan/hope, feel like bit by bit im going mental, lifes so disappointing i wish i was a child again with no responsibilities.
Old 18th February 2015, 22:28

Drained. I've been working too much and I've been having trouble getting to sleep for the last few weeks. I just feel stuck at the moment. A lot of things need to change but that means stepping out of my comfort zone and that's kind of scary.
Old 18th February 2015, 23:23

Mood
Inspired

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeme
No one knows where I am or what I'm doing. I could do anything. I don't want to do anything... alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I'm alone. I don't matter.
You matter. (at times it is nice just to have someone tell you that I know how that feels when you feel you dont matter then someone says you do)
Closed Thread