SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 18th July 2009, 19:18

Default does life really begin at 40?

my 20's were rubbish and i'd rather forget my 30's so i'm kinda hoping it will kickstart my life when i turn 40 next year. is this saying true? anyone turned their life around in their 40's after living the life of a coma patient?
Old 19th July 2009, 12:38

Mood
Dreaming

Default Re: does life really begin at 40?

I think if you're waiting for your life to start you'll have a long wait. You have to make it happen. And when you find out how to do that could you let me know!
Old 19th July 2009, 13:59

I hope so; mine couldn't really get any worse...
Old 19th July 2009, 14:18

I don't think the age is as important as your attitude to life. If you can make changes that would improve your situation then do it regardless of your age. I find I care less about trying to fit in or keep up with trends as I get older and I think that's a good thing although it has meant that my chances of making friends are slimmer than ever.
Old 19th July 2009, 17:20
Banned at own request

Life begins when you make it begin.
Old 19th July 2009, 18:28

Mood
Alienated

if it hasnt changed by the time you get to 40 you are running out of time i am 26 yet i feel old for my situation
Old 20th July 2009, 13:40
Banned at own request

Don't panic loner1, you've got ages yet before you are 40.

I have no problem being my age (46), as I still believe I have many good things to look forward to in the future. That said, however, I'd rather be your age than mine.

I think the moral of the story is that whatever your age you have to be optmistic and try your best to overcome your problems.
Old 21st July 2009, 14:16

Mood
Worried

Smile Re: does life really begin at 40?

I will be forty soon and I am dreading it but also hoping my life will begin then too.The problem with being 40 is that you can no longer pretend to yourself that you are still young as 40 is definately middle aged.I hope things improve for you.I don't know how to change things.I need to make new friends but I don't know how.I have been unemployed for ten years so don't know many people and when I have tried joining classes in the past noone talks to me!
I would love to take charge of my forties but am at a loss as to how I can do this.I am almost unemployable due to my lack of work experience.
Do you have any plans to improve your life?Why not take on a new challenge like why don't you buy a boat or something and sail around visiting different seaside towns.Just thinking about the practicalities behind this advice is exhausting I know!I was going to go abroad this year but can't now because of the fear of catching swine flu and not being allowed on the plane.It took me two to three years to just get around to filling in the application form for my passport!So now I feel really disappointed and will probably end up camping in scotland feeling miserable in the rain.
I wish you happiness in your forties.Something amazing may happen you never know .
Old 21st July 2009, 14:21

Mood
Tired

i had my breakdown at 40 my my life has defo changed since then

got no job now and little money
Old 25th July 2009, 22:10

Mood
Dramaqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by arbutnot
I find I care less about trying to fit in or keep up with trends as I get older and I think that's a good thing although it has meant that my chances of making friends are slimmer than ever.
You are so right.

I realised a few months ago that I can wear anything I like now, fashionable, unfashionable or downright strange and it doesn't matter at all. I'm not competing with anyone now. Funnily enough, I've never had so many people tell me that I look good as I have recently.

I am much clearer about what I like and want from life. The flip side is that I am even more sure about what I don't like and much less tolerant of wasting my time. I am more selfish.

I say celebrate 40 and beyond. It can only get better.
Old 25th July 2009, 22:16

Mood
Dramaqueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms Casablanca
will probably end up camping in scotland feeling miserable in the rain.
Scotland is fabulous. You should go. There are some beautiful, remote places. Everyone goes abroad these days - do something different.
Old 30th July 2009, 12:59

Mood
Pensive

I wanted to make changes when I turned 40 and I started to take driving lessons but after many lessons I gave it up as a bad job. 40 isn't a magical age but you could use it as a starting point to make changes for the better. You could do that at any age though.
Old 31st August 2009, 11:24
Banned

Mood
Question

look on the bright side forty is the new thirty they say. Don't ask me a bird just told me that at her 30th birthday party. So they have just given us all another ten years of pain the bampots. And she was just turning twenty again according to her theory of bullshit.

Yes and Black is the new white so I'll be up all night too dazzled to go to sleep lol. The annoying things people say.
Old 31st August 2009, 12:05

I have done more positive things in the last three years sing I turned 40 than all of my thirties and twenties. I did not pick 40 as a starting point, that was just a time just after a significant low point and I started to climb back up.
Life begins when you want it to begin and there are many things I still need to achieve.
So at the moment life begins at 44.
Old 2nd September 2009, 17:29

Mood
Alienated

life begins when you make it
Old 4th October 2009, 21:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie57
I wanted to make changes when I turned 40 and I started to take driving lessons but after many lessons I gave it up as a bad job. 40 isn't a magical age but you could use it as a starting point to make changes for the better. You could do that at any age though.
I have a phobia of driving. At the age of 40 I have also started to take driving lessons. its now or never.
Closed Thread