SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 19th July 2014, 02:04

Default Re: What are you doing right now? (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG
^didn't go bang but i have figured out that the pump is shagged, ordered a new one off ebay for £14 quid. had to empty the water out of the lint trap thing on the front into a roasting tin to convince the machine to go onto it's spin cycle.

what a great way to spend a friday night.
Cheap pump. Hope it sorts it out for you.

Did ya get water everywhere?
Old 19th July 2014, 07:46
Banned at own request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbot
Cheap pump. Hope it sorts it out for you.

Did ya get water everywhere?

Yep and yes but not bothered as I don't like my downstairs neighbour
Old 19th July 2014, 08:59

Mood
Dramaqueen

Waiting on Halfords opening, before buying cat food, going to holland and Barrett, picking up my prescription, getting my eyebrows done and going to Tesco, in that order
Old 19th July 2014, 15:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiIIow
Losing the will to live shopping with the family
I find shopping in general to be intolerable

Watching the Day After Tomorrow. I like disaster movies, especially when Jake Gylenhaal is in them.
Old 19th July 2014, 15:59

Got a creepy old guy texting/pestering me.

Yesterday i had a delivery to a residential and, recognising the address, i recalled the time i had a delivery there before. The parcel was dog food - something the guy stocks up on monthly. Anyway, the first time i delivered there he asked about the previous courier, why she left, about the job in general, am i enjoying it, etc. just sounding curious. This time he asked many more questions before stating that he was interested in taking on my round after i left... previously, i made the mistake of saying that i'm only gonna be in it temporarily.

So, i said okay, that's cool, perhaps i could help him out by making a recommendation as a replacement - which i have no problem with - he seems okay, mature, nice home, keen on the job. I'm almost certain that i'll be moving on soon, so why not, what do i care. We exchanged numbers and left it at that.

That afternoon he text me about some info he found about how to recommend someone/transfer rounds properly and would i send him my email address so he can forward this. I thought it sounded a bit odd - i mean, can there really be a correct way to recommend someone in this line of work, for this shitty little part-time thing that i'm doing.. ??? O_o So, i ignored it. It freaked me out a little. Four hours later he reminded me again about the info and if i'm not interested, pls would i say so. I ignored that too.

He tried calling me as well.

He has just sent me a text, basically to tell me that i'm rude Am i being silly about this? I'm just suspicious is all and i might've even replied eventually but i just feel somethings not right here :/
Old 19th July 2014, 20:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFG
Yep and yes but not bothered as I don't like my downstairs neighbour
Old 19th July 2014, 20:07

^ @ biscuits .. Yeaaaah, guess so.

If i was all guns-a-blazing for the new job i have lined up then i suppose i wouldn't give a shit, but i'm not - the prospective job is a bit naff, really :/

I think i'm just uncertain and defending my current position because it's what i know and i'm comfortable here, where i'm at. I also don't like the way he's enquired about it with casualness before then saying that he'd like to take a similar job - specifically my round.

He's also mentioned, if he ever got to speak to my field manager (which he might because he has applied via the online recruitment thingy like i did), whether to mention that i'm intending to leave soon or not.. which pissed me off. I said not to mention that, thanks

As you said though, he might be genuine and he's just striking while the irons hot.. and why not.

What was it you helped the post office person's daughter with??
Old 19th July 2014, 20:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Spud
Got a creepy old guy texting/pestering me.

Yesterday i had a delivery to a residential and, recognising the address, i recalled the time i had a delivery there before. The parcel was dog food - something the guy stocks up on monthly. Anyway, the first time i delivered there he asked about the previous courier, why she left, about the job in general, am i enjoying it, etc. just sounding curious. This time he asked many more questions before stating that he was interested in taking on my round after i left... previously, i made the mistake of saying that i'm only gonna be in it temporarily.

So, i said okay, that's cool, perhaps i could help him out by making a recommendation as a replacement - which i have no problem with - he seems okay, mature, nice home, keen on the job. I'm almost certain that i'll be moving on soon, so why not, what do i care. We exchanged numbers and left it at that.

That afternoon he text me about some info he found about how to recommend someone/transfer rounds properly and would i send him my email address so he can forward this. I thought it sounded a bit odd - i mean, can there really be a correct way to recommend someone in this line of work, for this shitty little part-time thing that i'm doing.. ??? O_o So, i ignored it. It freaked me out a little. Four hours later he reminded me again about the info and if i'm not interested, pls would i say so. I ignored that too.

He tried calling me as well.

He has just sent me a text, basically to tell me that i'm rude Am i being silly about this? I'm just suspicious is all and i might've even replied eventually but i just feel somethings not right here :/
He sounds too pushy to me. Calling you rude because you didn't reply when he wanted you to is uncalled for IMO.
Old 19th July 2014, 20:13

^ That's what i thought.

Honestly, what on earth is this information that he's talking of though??? I can't imagine there being any official avenue that one would take in recommending someone to take over a delivery round.

I said, when the time comes, i'll be in touch and i'll tell the field manager that, although i'm leaving, i've got someone (who lives local and knows the place) who wants the job.

They're not picky neither. I had my 'interview' at an Asda cafe and that was just a formality because the job was mine - she essentially told me this before actually meeting me!
Old 19th July 2014, 20:15

Quote:
^ That's what i thought.

Honestly, what on earth is this information that he's talking of though??? I can't imagine there being any official avenue that one would take in recommending someone to take over your round.

I said, when the time comes, i'll be in touch and i'll tell the field manager that, although i'm leaving, i've got someone (who lives local and knows the place) who wants the job.
I reckon you must have attended his address in your ripped trousers and now he wants you
Old 19th July 2014, 20:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbot
I reckon you must have attended his address in your ripped trousers and now he wants you
I ****ing hope not! But i do have a lingering suspicion.

.. Curse my ripped chinos

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
You're thinking too much into it. You said you're leaving and that you'd help, so he took you up on the offer. Then you didn't reply to him, so he's all . (Does this sound mean - sorry if so it's not meant to be!!!)

Do whatever makes you happy with your job, spudster. You seem like a zoo keeper or something outdoorsy with nature.

It was with her university interview because she was applying for the course that I was on. He saw the address, because I had to send it next day delivery as I was unsure about whether to accept the place and left it until a few days before the deadline to post it!
You're blacklisted now.

Nah, that's fair enough. It's a mixed message that i'm giving, if you want to interpret it like that, but how does he know that perhaps i have no credit left with which to contact him?? Maybe somethings come up and i'm unavailable.. etc.

I think he's being very impatient... a bit off.

Did she get on the course? Zoo keeper?? O_o
Old 19th July 2014, 20:36

Quote:
I ****ing hope not! But i do have a lingering suspicion.

.. Curse my ripped chinos
Old 19th July 2014, 21:05

watching rise of the planet of the apes, pretty sure ill be bored within 30 minutes.
Old 19th July 2014, 23:47

Watching films, gonna get an ice lolly :D
Old 20th July 2014, 14:39
Global Moderator

Just finished rounding-up snails in the garden. Collected over 250 in about half an hour!
Old 20th July 2014, 21:27

Watching a documentary about some American idiots who think it's a good idea to keep monkeys as pets. There must be more to life than this.
Old 20th July 2014, 23:20

I've just chucked a frozen pea in with the (tropical) fish .. obviously, expecting them to eat it.

They're just pecking/kissing it. Starting to wonder whether i've made a mistake or not O_o
Old 21st July 2014, 22:53

^ They still haven't eaten it and i've de-shelled the bloody thing!

Currently looking at the odds for the forthcoming premier league season and am not surprised to find Chelsea favourites for the title.

I really want to conquer my burgeoning gambling addiction by bankrupting bet365 - and that's for starters!
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:15

Looking at some of the basement threads of 5 years ago and wow there are some crackers, my favourite has got to be 'BNP Babez' along with the opening post of a thread titled 'Lets talk about sex'

And there was also one that worryingly was a guy asking whether he should pay £100 for a disabled badge despite not being disabled, not quite what I'd expect to see on here
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:22

Links, please... *nodding*
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:37

^ The sex thread (which I actually daren't directly post here, I'm not sure how it wasn't deleted ) is on this page and the BNP babez thread is on the page after and there are some really weird and wacky threads around that time as well

http://www.social-anxiety-community....=desc&page=108
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:42

^ ''what type of man boobs do you have?'' has got to be my favourite.

You just don't see threads like that anymore
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:45

^ Best thread title ever
Old 22nd July 2014, 18:56

^ I'm curious what "BNP Babez" is but I'm afraid it's a trick and it'll be a nude picture of Nick Griffin. I'll be scarred for life.

I'm also trying to think of darker more controversial threads. I'm inspired now
Old 22nd July 2014, 20:56

Trying to look for wooden skewers in the kitchen but mum is so possessive of the kitchen and she doesn't even cook in there need to get my cooker in round my flat so I can move in ASAP and won't have to put up with this.
Old 23rd July 2014, 21:47

Mood
Balanced

Filling in a job application form that I've been putting off for the last week
Old 23rd July 2014, 23:15

I still can 'to find BNP babez***8230; sad face***8230;
Old 24th July 2014, 11:27

Unsticking my fringe from my forehead. Hot.
Old 24th July 2014, 17:13

Mood
Fine

Just got a pair of cordless headphones with an Mp3 built in, so I'm loading it with music.
Old 24th July 2014, 17:15

Mood
Tired

Pretending to work, I'm being paid to SAUK xD
Closed Thread