SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 2nd January 2007, 09:15
ismael9467

Default Nothings interesting anymore....??

Hey,

I don't ever like bothering you guys but at the moment I'm so depressed. I've been having council ling, it not completely been working, I came out my appointment on Thursday feeling lower than I did going in... I've only got 2 more appointments left and there after xmas now.

I've had an absolutely cr*p weekend, on Friday night my Dad told me off and I went upstairs and laid on my bed for over 4 hours doing absolutely nothing, Saturday was the same so is today. I just can’t be bothered to do anything anymore, I'm fed up with my life and the way that it is. My Dad doesn't seem to understand, he thinks I'm in a mood with him that’s why I'm not talking and eating much.

I just don't know how I'm going to get myself over Christmas, I used to love putting decorations up but yesterday I just did it because I was told I didn't even want to. I don't understand whets wrong with me? I can’t explain to my Dad or friends why I'm like this... Any advice?
Old 2nd January 2007, 10:52
ramon9456

Default Re: Nothings interesting anymore....??

I know how you feel
I felt drawn to your comment. I had same trouble to motive myself, and spend hours almost catatonic. I've read that the reason for this is that we are low in noradrenaline. I've been taking Theramood, Theanine (you can further information at their site ) for the last week and I think it is helping - one tablet - you have to take it on an empty stomach. It helps your body make noradrenaline.

You could try that and see how you feel.
Old 2nd January 2007, 11:28
Moody Mare

Default Re: Nothings interesting anymore....??

What annoys me is they give people who really need help a set amount of appointments which is totally inadiquate! How can they put a 8-10 session cure on mental health is beyond me. They did this with me when i was halfway through a pregnancy unbelievably including a regression of a traumatic event which I say could possible have opened up the can of worms im in now!

Id say you really have to have a word with you councellor and GP to say how you are feeling after these sessions and if you feel pressured to miraculously be cured in the next 2 sessions then make them aware of that also! I felt like that, like I had to go through the motions but I was a loong way off even finding the sessions beneficial. I actually discussed it with my midwife at the time and she really helped me out. Im now waiting for "unmetered" CBT and I dont feel as if im being pressured to get better to look good for their stats.

There are subtle ways of dropping hints to your dad etc if you cant face having a proper sit down convo to tell them whats going on atm, theres leaflets aimed at carers/friends etc of people in your frame of mind just explaining the basics of how you feel and why etc. Might be worthwhile picking a few up from the docs councellors office etc and just leaving them where they will find them or asking them to read them. I found this easier than having to sit explaining things.
Closed Thread