Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 28th November 2005, 16:52

Mood
Musical

Default I feel great! =D

As you may or may not know I've been talking to my college counsellor for a few weeks now. Slowly but surely my SA isn't affecting me as much. I think that keeping a diary of my day has helped immensely (listing positives, negatives and how they can be changed, goals etc.). I'm also a much more cheerful person now, a few weeks ago I never really smiled much, but now I am really happy and positive most of the time. Rather than dreading meeting people, I actually look forward to it...I'm still very nervous but I look forward to those situations where I do feel nervous (strange I know...guess I want to show to myself that I can be less nervous, or maybe I want to put myself in those situations more so I won't be as afraid as I use to be? No idea lol). Okay moving on...

Today was a great day (well for me anyways, I'll have better days though I'm certain). It seemed like it was going to be one of those boring days that I experience a lot...well it is college, work can't be fun can it? Everytime I talked to someone, I just spontaenously said a little bit more than I normally do...or I would force myself to make conversation (when I normally force myself to talk, it becomes boring convo and the convo soon ends, followed by awkward silence), I knew exactly what to say for some strange reason...and I had a few nice convos about random topics...I don't mean 10 minute conversations but just erm...short but sweet shall we say or something like that. I even had the courage to make convo with the girl I like. Something kind of strange happened inbetween the convo, she'd mentioned that she had to do an essay on A Midsummer Night's Dream (we were in the library by the way as a teacher didnt turn up for a lesson), because I had nothing better to do I decided to just look for random books to read. When I was looking around, the first book that caught my eye was the one she is doing her essay on. Pretty strange, I wasnt looking for that book either...looking for some philosophy books to read if you must know lol. Maybe not that weird, but weird at the time. Okay this post doesnt make sense at times I know....

I actually raised my hand in class to answer the questions, or if I was asked I gave an answer rather than saying 'I dont know' like I do normally.

Hopefully I am now more approachable than before, and hopefully I can become a happier, more confident person.

To those who are thinking about talking to someone about your SA (I mean counsellers), go and do it It has helped me a lot.

Long post sorry.

Thanks for listening.
PS - anyone heard the new Darkness album? great stuff :D

Last edited by peppermint; 28th November 2005 at 17:14.
Old 28th November 2005, 19:25
Shallah

Default Re: I feel great! =D

It sounds like you are making big strides peppermint

Well done great post
Old 28th November 2005, 20:26
The_Godfather

Default Re: I feel great! =D

Fantastic news, I soon hope to feel the same way as you do. We need people like you to look up to.
Closed Thread