Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 15th September 2005, 13:51

Mood
Thinking

Default Just doing it

As I've said before, I've had loads of help with my nerves and insecurities, in the form of this site, my self-help group, counselling a couple of years ago and now therapy. I also have a drawer full 'self-help' materials in my room that I dip into now and again.

But just recently I've become a lot better at just pushing through sh1t feelings (from the past etc.) and 'getting real' (as my therapist calls it).

Even in this last few days I've been chatting to loads of people, and I've realised that I don't need to make excuses for myself before they're just people learning like me too. They might have £40,000-a-year jobs or they might sell the Big Issue, but I think if you're willing to listen to what people are saying without judgement and give your opinions on things without self-righteousness, and just basically accept that for that moment in time its 'just two souls talking' you can get a lot more out of like.

I don't know it all, I never will, and sometimes I feel like a worthless piece of sh1t, but if I'm worthless so is everybody else!
Old 15th September 2005, 14:41

Default Re: Just doing it

Good for you.

The winners in life are not the one's who have the most money,cars,house's or are the best looking....NO!

The true winners in life, are the one's who like them self's for who they are, and most of these people have the abilty to communicate and from your post that's sounds like what your doing.

So well done.
Closed Thread