SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > SAUK Community > Club 30-81
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 14th November 2010, 10:18

Default Would you have your egg or sperm frozen for future use ?

Does it matter to you that your family lineage might end with you, being the last ever ? This is a serious topic for the womanhood of the nation, whereby millions of women are reaching an age where they are wanting babies but are too busy, only find inferior men, run out of time for whatever reason. In the same way the menfolk and their biological viability is reduced for reproduction. The market for cryogenic storage of eggs and sperms means that you could have your wares shall we say kept that much longer, as a last resort if you needed it one day.
Old 19th November 2010, 04:52

Mood
Insomnious

Default Re: Would you have your egg or sperm frozen for future use ?

I doubt I would ever do such a thing. I would not want to inflict my DNA on an innocent child.
Old 19th November 2010, 09:50

No, I've had my girls...No need to go any further.
Old 19th November 2010, 10:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElektroPunk Mindwarp Jelly
Does it matter to you that your family lineage might end with you, being the last ever ?
No not really. I'm not sure whether it should matter to me or not, but it doesn't.
I really don't want children - nothing about it appeals to me, the actual pregnancy/birth bit, the changing nappies bit, the awful teens, the burden on resources (mine and the natural world's), the over-population of the planet etc. I'm just not interested in any respect. Sometimes I wonder if I will turn round and regret it when I am older, but that doesn't seem like a good enough reason to have a child....'just in case'. So that's that.
So no, I won't be freezing any eggs, lol.
Old 19th November 2010, 10:41

^ People can be really funny about other people (specifically women) choosing to remain childless. We're conditioned to think that women 'naturally' crave babies and spend their whole lives planning fairytale weddings and hundreds of sproglets - it's a load of BS.

I won't be freezing any eggs (because I already have 2 kids and am happy with that) and I don't think that I would have done if I hadn't found someone I wanted children with. It seems like a massive expense (financially and emotionally) and there are many children out there, ready-made as it were, desperate for loving homes. You could argue that if I feel that way I shouldn't have made babies the 'natural' way either, but I think fostering/adopting is something that I will do when my children have grown up and left home.
Old 19th November 2010, 12:31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azi
I think fostering/adopting is something that I will do when my children have grown up and left home.
Yeah, I think this is something I might well consider in the future too.
Old 19th November 2010, 12:56

Mood
Fine

I think I probably will as I want kids in the future and you never know what could happen until then.
Old 10th January 2011, 04:05

Mood
Balanced

I would love to be in the financial position to have children by a surrogate, Just like Elton John.
I would love to have children but not have the hassle of the mother in tow.
Old 10th January 2011, 04:17

Mood
Mellow

No way, I really couldn't care less that my DNA/genes are not going to be sowed and passed on.

Being adopted myself, I would consider adopting/fostering if I felt my life would allow me to look after a child in a safe and stable environment and for them not to appear on the Jeremy Kyle show!
Old 10th January 2011, 04:23

Mood
Mellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover
I doubt I would ever do such a thing. I would not want to inflict my DNA on an innocent child.
This...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dory
No not really. I'm not sure whether it should matter to me or not, but it doesn't.
I really don't want children - nothing about it appeals to me, the actual pregnancy/birth bit, the changing nappies bit, the awful teens, the burden on resources (mine and the natural world's), the over-population of the planet etc. I'm just not interested in any respect. Sometimes I wonder if I will turn round and regret it when I am older, but that doesn't seem like a good enough reason to have a child....'just in case'. So that's that.
So no, I won't be freezing any eggs, lol.
And This...
Closed Thread