SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you feel onely
Yes 77 80.21%
No 10 10.42%
Other 9 9.38%
Voters: 96. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 27th November 2006, 10:02

Mood
Sleepy

Default Do you feel lonely?

I'm just wondering if we all feel lonely. I guess we all do from time to time. My loneliness is an on-going thing. It is very rare i dont feel lonely. I would have thought i would have learned to live with it now but i haven't. Also i have never known what loneliness actually until i read up on it this morning.

It's that hollow, empty feeling i have in my chest. I'll will try anything to cure it. Drink, drugs, chocolate, tv, internet..but nothing ever works.

For you lot in relationships, Do you still feel lonely?

I think being lonely is the biggest cuase of me feeling sad. It doesn't matter how much i cry, beg, stomp my feet or sulk it always stays there.

so, Do you feel lonely? Ain't it a drag?

In fact i think the reason i have created so many threads this morning is to maybe try and feel a part of something, to try and ease my loneliness
Old 27th November 2006, 11:00

Default Re: Do you feel lonely?

I do feel lonely and I hate it I live alone alone am single and too shy to make new friends ho hum. I have periods of not feeling lonely some times but folk slot me in when they have time so I always feel lonely - I guess I always will some times I'm ok with it some times not.
Old 27th November 2006, 11:02

Yes. But giving up does do wonders.

Fantasy is a friend. Reality isn't.
Old 27th November 2006, 11:57

Mood
Pensive

I voted other because I am lonely in the sense that I often wish I had someone close to share life's problems but on the other hand I do like a lot of time to myself - I suppose that's more from habit than anything. But as a child I always liked to be on my own a lot too but that doesn't stop me wanting company from time to time. I think I would probably find constant company far too stifling.
Also I have been overwhelmed by stress at home over the last year and this has occupied my mind so much loneliness has rarely been an issue. The source of the stress is going away on Wednesday so maybe loneliness might rear its ugly head a bit more. But this forum certainly helps and gives the impression that friends are always at hand
Old 27th November 2006, 12:06
Ruby1

I'm very deeply lonely and yet i feel bad for saying that cause i have a family who i adore. I think it's the fact i don't feel i connect with anyone (speshly not my hubby!) always feel superimposed into every picture even with my own mum and dad....i am a rock i am an iiiiiisland yay baby!
Old 27th November 2006, 13:26

Mood
Worried

I'm lonely sometimes, but a lot less than a couple of years ago in halls, when I would be all alone amidst a crowd of girls that hated me...I feel a lot more lonely when it's dark and if I have to spend a lot of time on my own...I like and enjoy a certain amount of time on my own, but too much and it's horrible. This site does make me feel less lonely though, especially now I'm taking part in meets as well as posting.
Old 27th November 2006, 14:14

Mood
Thinking

Yes, loneliness is a swine.......I suppose polls like this make it better, though.

Like u Freespirit, I used to think there was some kind of quick cure for the lonliness, that I could do something, or a few things that would make me a part of something, or make me feel whole, but I don't think it works like that.

Is it a choice do u think to a certain extent?.......Like once u decide to let people in u'll be alright?.......And going further than this, is it an 'ego thing'?........ Like too much emphasis on the 'I'/me?

Maybe; maybe not!
Old 27th November 2006, 14:39

Yes. I do have some friends, but they're mainly just drinking buddies. I don't have anyone close except for my brother but most of his time is taken up with his girlfriend.

The thought of growing old alone is what scares me the most.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby1
i am a rock i am an iiiiiisland
Hey is that Paul Simon. I love that song.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freespirit
In fact i think the reason i have created so many threads this morning is to maybe try and feel a part of something, to try and ease my loneliness
Definitely not alone there Freespirit. A lot of my posting is for the same reason.
Old 27th November 2006, 15:09

Mood
Sad

I feel lonely but don't know what to do to stop feeling like this
Old 27th November 2006, 15:15

i feel very lonley, have done since i was a young child, but i have always had a loving family round me, i love to be on my own but i like people to be there if i should need them.
i feel utterly alone at the moment my partner doesn't fully understand how i feel and i can't impose than apon my children and i don't want to burden my brother or sister with myself so i am isolated in a sence.
Old 27th November 2006, 15:19
Administrator

Mood
Tired

I voted 'other' for 'sometimes'.
Old 27th November 2006, 15:59

Mood
Blah

I like having my own space but it would be nice to have a few friends I can go places with from time to time. But coming from a small not very social family makes it hard to meet new people.
Old 27th November 2006, 16:46

Mood
Gloomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie57
I do like a lot of time to myself - I suppose that's more from habit than anything. But as a child I always liked to be on my own a lot too but that doesn't stop me wanting company from time to time. I think I would probably find constant company far too stifling.
This sums me up too!
I get very lonely but in the sense that i feel lost....if that makes sense. I'm married with 3 adorable kids but everyday i feel so lonely & detached from the outside world, i long to have a friend or someone to share a goss with now and then but am way to used to the lonliness that i haven't a clue how to strike up a friendship, growing old scares the sh*t outta me, visions of me dead for days and nobody knowing it
This is me. i crave attention but don't want attention when i get it!
Old 27th November 2006, 16:59

Yeah, all the time but then i am alone.
Old 27th November 2006, 17:16

I felt alone in the latter years of my marriage.

Loneliness is much worse though,so bleak.In some ways it's reassuring to know I'm not alone in feeling so alone

getting out and about to sa meets has made me feel better, there's not the level of pretence required as in ordinary life. I can see why some folk (or most) don't get sa. sa folk seem so ordinary, often capable. Even when they say how nervous they are it's so hard to see. This is a reassurance to me and explains why no one has noticed my sa in 20yrs.
Old 27th November 2006, 17:28

I have felt lonely on and off for years and its always worse at this time of the year with these cold dark nights. I think for me I would feel a lot less lonely if I had a girl friend and have felt this way for far too long now. Its the fear of isolation caused by SA that fuels this loneliness because it sometimes looks like there is no hope.
But I have to remind myself that there is hope.
Old 27th November 2006, 18:56

I feel lonely... I feel lonely all the time, since I was forced into independent living from a few years ago. I think where this needs to be tackled is to do more things, I see my mate on a regular basis, but I think as long as I live on my own, I'll still feel lonely.
Old 27th November 2006, 19:28

I do quite a lot, it sometimes creeps up on me if I'm bored with nothing to do but I actually feel most alone during and after interacting with people(using the term 'interacting' loosely there). I haven't had anyone I could call a friend for many years now.
Old 27th November 2006, 20:26

yes.
Old 27th November 2006, 20:29

I'm in a relationship but still feel lonely from time to time. Probably has to do with me not having friends where I am now.
Don't like being alone. Feel better when I have someone to talk to. When my partner is working (which he does alot), I feel crap. I think if I found a few friends I wouldn't feel so lonely.
But of course, making friends is SOOO hard!
Old 27th November 2006, 21:53

Yes i do but i`m rubbish at making friends.
Old 27th November 2006, 21:56

Yes. I feel lonely a lot of the time. But I am good at keeping busy. It's when I sit down on my own in my house I feel so horridly lonely. I hardly ever sit down and relax though - that's to try and stave it off.

Sometimes I don't feel too bad. I think I am used to it. It's when I look back on when I wasn't on my own and feeling lonely that I feel terrible. So I try to deny it - hmph not helpful.

I am lonely .

I try and not be sad and lonely though, that's worse.
Old 27th November 2006, 23:51

Mood
Sleepy

For me the loneliness comes from not feeling connected. I have all these skills, like playing the guitar, a degree in maths..blah blah..but when it comes to simple conversation i am completly dry and dont feel like i really let go and let it flow.

This has just created a sense of me not belonging, or not being part of this world. I can't help but think that everyone is off having wondeful, fun conversation while i sit here chewing my own thoughts whilst staring at the screen.

i do try. that makes it harder to take.

though, i did learn something tonight. People do care and i think as long as i can work around my feelings of anxiety and these thoughts created by a low self esteem...there are friends there waiting, patiently...and i do meen my online friends. Thank you.
Old 28th November 2006, 01:05

Yes although I am a fairly solitary person anyway and alot of the time prefer to be alone.
Sometimes when I'm sitting at home with no one to talk to, no one to share my thoughts or feelings with, no one to tell when everything gets too much, its very lonely
Old 28th November 2006, 19:21

I used to feel incredibly lonely - even though I have family and had partners at the time. Thankfully, I'm far from lonely now.
Old 28th November 2006, 20:34

Mood
Volatile

yes
Old 28th November 2006, 20:35

Mood
Volatile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innervision
I used to feel incredibly lonely - even though I have family and had partners at the time. Thankfully, I'm far from lonely now.
Multiple partners **kinky**
Old 28th November 2006, 22:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daydreamer
y or I'm in a crowd of people and everyone is ignoring me because they're so used to me saying/contributing next to nothing. I've lost count how many times thats happened

i feel this too its like being invisible. i feel lonely because i never belong to anybody. Most ppl i know have a bf or a partner....or someone..and i never do..i feel almost sub human at times
Old 29th November 2006, 00:16

For annashy isn't life crap sometimes
Old 29th November 2006, 00:21

i feel lonely i have no one anymore the joys of life.
Closed Thread