Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Room with a View
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 10th December 2010, 18:23

Mood
Mellow

Default Work - one month in....

So I've been back at work 4 weeks now...and its gone better than I thought...

Apart from taking a couple of days off when my nan died, I have been in everyday, on time, and apart from a couple of days I've left before 7.

I've completed all tasks on time and done extra.

Because of restructuring, everyone in my division (30 people) is new to me apart from my manager, director and a couple of others. I have got on with and like my new colleagues.

I have encountered my old manager who used to bully me and it didn't throw me...I just ignore him.

I had my first lunch with a colleague yesterday, her husband has SA and depression so she is someone I trust and I know I have an anchor at work.

Today my old Director General (pretty senior - usually manages about 50 to 100 staff) asked how I was settling in and said he remembered the get well soon card I had made for him on behalf if the Directorate when he had his hip replacement two years ago!!!!!

Then had a meeting which I have been to before but today I spoke and as I was going home one of the managers thanked me for my contribution!!!

I think it's important to reward ourselves, so I bought my self some new tops to wear to work yesterday.
Old 10th December 2010, 18:58

Mood
Notworthy

Default Re: Work - one month in....

good to hear everything is going well phool
Old 11th December 2010, 20:19

Default Re: Work - one month in....

Sorry to hear about your nan But that's great that it's going well for you I'm proud of you keep it up
Closed Thread