SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 4th December 2005, 17:44
jph45

Default hi there

This seems like a great site.
I'm a young professional (lawyer) and have had a problem with SA since my early teens.
I find that it really holds me back sometimes when I try to make new friends/push myself forward/find a relationship.
I'm actually quite a confident person. It hasn't totally held me back, but I feel that I could achieve so much more if this non-sensical and self-destructive anxiety/self consciousness didn't kick in when I least expect it. I want to increase my social confidence and hence friends, and hopefully find a relationship. This SA is a major barrier at the moment. It would be great to talk to people who are in the same boat.
thanks
Old 4th December 2005, 18:20

Default Re: hi there

Hello,
I am welcoming you but am new here myself.

Like you, I have a professional qualification and have a career so i must be somewhat confident, however I feel that in the social area of my life I need help. I have set some goals lately in this area and am finding that CBT is helping a little. Have you had any therapy or counselling?

I have found that my career has been successful but only at some cost to my health as to cope with the day to day stresses of a worklife full of interactions I have had to self medicate and have also suffered depression. How do you cope with the demands of your work?

Anyway. Welcome I hope that this site can help us both.

Moth
Old 4th December 2005, 18:42
Intro Guy

Welcome to the site jph45!
Old 4th December 2005, 19:39

Welcome to SAUK, jph45.
Old 5th December 2005, 15:04
Shallah

Hello jph45 welcome to SA-UK