SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > Welcome & Introductions Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 9th March 2018, 15:14

Mood
Sleepy

Default Three little stupid things

Hi all

Sorry here I am after getting stuck in beating my SA.

I had it pretty heavily when I was younger and time and pushing myself to do awful things (haha I mean for an SA person) I have gotten so much better.
I talk to people I know so easily and about anything, I can chat to shop keepers without thinking about it and I never ever over think about what I have said anymore.

Three things are holding me back.

First is phone calls. Oh jeez I just cannot do them. If I absolutely have to, it's after several shots of brandy to calm my nerves.
If anyone calls me, I just dont answer.

Second one is new people, especially women. If I have to work around new people I don't do anything I can too get away from there anymore but I feel really tense and uncomfortable.
Once I have gotten to know them a bit then I am usually okay.

Lastly is people in authority, mainly my bosses.
If I do something wrong I am terrified that they will basically sack me.

So here I am saying hey
Old 9th March 2018, 17:54

Mood
Sleepy

Default Re: Three little stupid things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebka
Hellooooo Justaguy

I don’t so much have a problem with phone calls themselves, but when I’m out and about I’ll sometimes impulsively speak to people before I can stop myself, but with phone calls I can stop myself from answering or avoid calling people, and thus avoid making myself look like the idiot that I do when I’m speaking to people in person, ha!

Anyway, it’s good you’ve been able to push yourself and gotten better, and I hope this forum can help with the things you still have problems with

And welcome to the forum!
Thankies for the welcome

Impulsive speaking is so much fun. I do it way too much now to people I am comfortable with. If I actually listened to what I had said then it'd be a big stream of BS silliness with them doing the same
Old 10th March 2018, 12:52

Default Re: Three little stupid things

I hate phone calls generally-speaking and I also have trouble with authority figures, so I can relate. Women I'm generally fine with so long as they're not in big cliquey groups when they can sometimes get very bitchy.