SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > General Discussion > The Lounge
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Reply  Post New Thread

Old 10th January 2022, 04:21

Default Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

^/^^/^^^/^^^^ Thanks for the kind words and support everyone

Yes, I saw my mum and although she's not in a good way it was a huge relief to be able to spend some time with her. The Nurse on the ward also said that I can return tomorrow.
It does seem that the only way to get anything you want is to speak up and refuse to take no for an answer which is so incredibly difficult when you are a socially anxious person who doesn't feel at all comfortable making any kind of fuss.
Old 10th January 2022, 15:57

I'm feeling gutted, scared, hopeless...

So much for being allowed to visit my mum in hospital again today. It's transpired that the old woman in the bed opposite to my mum has tested positive for Covid this morning so I can't visit her after all, and I won't be able to for god knows how long
Old 10th January 2022, 18:17

Mood
Spaced

Unhappy Re: How is everyone feeling? (31)

Back to being stressed out and disappointed again.

Found out I got covid from the plane ride over here, and now me and my fiance have had to cancel our appointment for our marriage interview... And wouldn't you have it, it's fully booked out for the rest of the month and beyond...

I am so sad about this. Finally felt like things were going well, and then THIS happens... It feels like nothing can ever be easy for me. Some kind of BS has to happen always.

My visa loses validity on the 22nd of February so on top of this I have some worry over my situation. The immigration office was absolutely terrible and useless when my fiance called in to ask about what needs to be done. I felt like I got whiplash from them telling us to call different lines and being wrong about it each time. He has to try again tomorrow.

Why is it so hard to be with the one I love!?!?

And now idk what this will mean also for my dogs situation too... It feels like a domino affect where it just ruins all my plans and... Ugh... I'm just so damn tired.
Old 10th January 2022, 19:13

Mood
Cynical

^^^ Really sorry to hear that! Will they put the woman who has tested positive ina seperate isolation place? Hopefully it won't last for too many days and you will be able to visit your mum again very soon.

^^ Oh that's a shame SpectralOwls! You only get a visa for a month? Is the situation for Civil partnerships the same as marriages, or do you have to have a marriage interview no after what kind of union type thing you're having?

Hope you recover from covid very soon.
Old 10th January 2022, 19:24

Mood
Pensive

Oh no Consolida, that's terrible timing

Spectralowls it's a shame they can't do an interview over zoom.
Old 10th January 2022, 19:29

Mood
Cynical

^ That's a very good point, surely they should be able to do it over zoom.
Old 10th January 2022, 19:57

Mood
Spaced

I had to go and take a long walk to cool my head. I feel a lot better now. Kind of glad there was a mist outside to cool me off walking up all these hills lol.

I was thinking of that too (the zoom call), but it looks like they don't do it. Perhaps they can't because it's basically proof of me being physically in the country? Seems like it should be pushed during these times though. :/

My visa was originally for 6 months, but because of complications and wanting to save money, I left the country last week. Even though my visa has over a month left there's a stupid rule that you have to get married after 28 days after the meeting I think.

If we don't get an extension then we'll have to reach out to his MP I suppose. All of this ruined by getting covid at the worst time.
Old 10th January 2022, 20:17

^ In the UK we have something called Citizens Advice. It might be worth your fiancé contacting them to see if they can offer any advice with this. They're really good and will be very helpful.
Old 11th January 2022, 15:24

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralOwls
Back to being stressed out and disappointed again.

Found out I got covid from the plane ride over here, and now me and my fiance have had to cancel our appointment for our marriage interview... And wouldn't you have it, it's fully booked out for the rest of the month and beyond...

I am so sad about this. Finally felt like things were going well, and then THIS happens... It feels like nothing can ever be easy for me. Some kind of BS has to happen always.

My visa loses validity on the 22nd of February so on top of this I have some worry over my situation. The immigration office was absolutely terrible and useless when my fiance called in to ask about what needs to be done. I felt like I got whiplash from them telling us to call different lines and being wrong about it each time. He has to try again tomorrow.

Why is it so hard to be with the one I love!?!?

And now idk what this will mean also for my dogs situation too... It feels like a domino affect where it just ruins all my plans and... Ugh... I'm just so damn tired.
Sorry to hear you're having problem spectralowls
Old 11th January 2022, 15:25

Mood
Breezy

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuits
^ In the UK we have something called Citizens Advice. It might be worth your fiancé contacting them to see if they can offer any advice with this. They're really good and will be very helpful.
Excellent advise, I always said biscuits was wise.
Old 11th January 2022, 17:45

@ SpectralOwls - Oh noo, that's awful that you caught Covid on the plane over and now it's threatening to mess up some of your well laid plans. Talk about it never rains but it pours! Biscuits advice about contacting Citizens Advice is excellent advice.

Hope things eventually work out for you
Old 12th January 2022, 04:10

@SpectralOwls Have you already cancelled your appointment?

Isn't this annoying, you've tried to go about things the right way, as you tested positive and you're now isolating and look at the thanks you've got.

are you able to do another test to see if you are now negative so you can attend your appointment.
Old 12th January 2022, 11:41

Mood
Spaced

Thanks guys. <3 I definitely still have it... I tested with an antigen test and it was positive, and I'm still feeling it. Just feels like a light head cold really (I think since it's the final days, it's kind of coming back). Been horrible coming here and being cooped up and now stressing over this.

Apparently my visa vignette is completely incorrect....... So now I'm focusing on trying to fix that, and it's been awful because of immigration being slammed by brexit/covid so I have to wait 5 days for a response about that anyways. :/ And if I get no response or help, my fiance will have to contact his MP to escalate it. It's awful. We just want to be together.
Old 12th January 2022, 11:42

Mood
Spaced

And thanks, Consolida as well. I know you're going through some hard times, also covid related, and I hope it gets better for you. >_< It's a rough time right now...
Old 13th January 2022, 10:55

Bad, lost about my work mess.

But I also feel so far I am managing to float without a job or benefits. Having saved money and not having to pay rent helps though.
Old 13th January 2022, 11:37

Like I am destined to fail? I don’t believe I am though.

But I think I have to accept my weaknesses or certain things I have had difficulty with since a child.
Old 13th January 2022, 16:06

Mood
Dreaming

Sad. My inability to connect with others is costing me so many opportunities that i might not have again. I can't help but think that i'll look back on this part of my life where i have so much freedom to do what i want and regret how much i've wasted it in comparison to others.
Old 15th January 2022, 04:16

I'm feeling so very tired but am unable to sleep through worrying...

It's over 2 weeks that my mum's been in hospital and she's come down with yet another infection. It's hell seeing a loved one suffer. Also, listening out for my son to come home. He's celebrating a friends birthday at a nightclub. I'm so relieved that he has a social life (unlike me at 19) but I just can't relax until I hear the key in the lock.

Is it too early to have my breakfast?
Old 15th January 2022, 16:58

Mood
Pensive

^
Sorry your mum has another infection.

Unfortunately you never grow out of waiting up for your kids, my youngest is 26 and I still can't sleep till he's in.
It does get easier when they move out though, you haven't a clue what they are up to and it's easier not to think about it!
Old 16th January 2022, 18:48

Mood
Alienated

Consolida, sorry to hear that. I hope the infection will go soon. She’s in the right place at least!

I’m feeling completely frazzled, and I’m not ready for a new week at work. Weekends are not enough to recover. I’m finding that people are saying things to me, and I forget what they’ve said as soon as they finish talking. I walk to places and forget why I’ve gone there. I’m forgetting loads of tasks at work, despite reminding myself and writing them down. I’ve always been a little like this, but it has been much worse than usual over recent weeks.

I’m perhaps going into over-worry mode, but I do wonder how my brain will cope when I become an older man.
Old 17th January 2022, 11:10

Mood
Spaced

I'm feeling a bit better lately despite everything. I think covid and immigration stress really piled up straight after a big event in my life, so even on Prozac I couldn't help but have a mental breakdown. ;/ Hopefully today or tomorrow I'll get a response from the home office, but as usual they're not responding until the last minute it seems.

If they don't even respond at all, then we'll have to call the marriage office. At least the woman we were in contact with has been SUPER nice and helpful. She told my fiance that botched up visa endorsements happen all the time, and she's been able to get it fixed nearly right away herself.

But yeah. Hearing her be so helpful and supportive has helped me feel a lot better. Hopefully by Wednesday we'll know what's up. Most likely our marriage is delayed but whatever I guess.
Old 17th January 2022, 11:40

Mood
Cynical

^ That's great that the lady was so helpful and has been able to give you some reassurance that things will get sorted out
Old 17th January 2022, 12:41

Mood
Breezy

Sorry you're having all these problems since you got here SpectralOwls
Old 18th January 2022, 07:29

Mood
Spaced

^

I'll be so happy to be in the next phase. Moving has been such a stressful experience full of highs and lows. Really glad I went on meds, and can't wait to be off them after all this.

Just want to enjoy my new life here!
Old 20th January 2022, 14:21

Lost
Old 20th January 2022, 16:27

Work is stressing me the F out
It shouldn't be, but just thinking about all the meetings I have next week leaves me in anxiety
Old 21st January 2022, 04:55

****ing awful.

I've had zero contact with my mum for almost a week because she's been moved to a different hospital and they are refusing hospital visits and don't have bedside phones. It seems inhumane to prevent someone who is old, very ill and confused from seeing a loved one, and it's awful for my poor mum too (pathetic attempt at a joke there).

Seriously, I can't take much more

Also, the withdrawal symptoms from tapering off the meds have stepped up a notch. Deafening tinnitus that even listening to music with headphones won't drown out
Old 21st January 2022, 09:55

Mood
Cynical

^ Oh no! You might have to insist again, especially without the phone. You atleast need daily contact with your mum, for both of your peace of mind.
Old 21st January 2022, 10:53

^ I don't think I've got the strength to insist anymore and I can feel that I'm becoming avoidant as I taper further off the meds. I've started avoiding people and am struggling to leave the house
Old 21st January 2022, 11:18

Mood
Cynical

^ You're going through so much at once . Does your Mum have her own mobile phone, is she allowed to use that in the ward?