SAUK Discussion Board

Go Back   SAUK Discussion Board > Social Anxiety Discussions > The Social Anxiety Room
Join! Blogs FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Closed Thread  Post New Thread

Old 26th March 2008, 00:26

Mood
Worried

Default Mmmm SA makes me so hot

Arrrrgh! Why is it i cant manage to speak to people without my entire face burning up?!

I feel like i oughta carry a bucket of icey water round with me ready to chuck over meself when i attempt to have a sensible conversation with anyone!
Old 26th March 2008, 00:28
Administrator

Mood
Tired

Default Re: Mmmm SA makes me so hot

Quote:
Mmmm SA makes me so hot
Thought I was gonna have to move this one to the Basement for a second.
Old 26th March 2008, 00:29

Mood
Worried

Hehehe sorry couldnt resist that title! =p
Old 26th March 2008, 00:49

Mood
Worried

It happened at my weight watchers meeting today. Someone was talking to me and asked me what my handle was on the community board and as soon as i said my name i went bright red :embarass:
Old 26th March 2008, 16:09

Mood
Pensive

I think the general advice on blushing is not to let it bother you. Just ignore it and carry on regardless. In time the blushing should lessen as you learn not to let it bother you.

Blushing bothers the blusher far more than others will notice. Even if they do notice they won't really care. It's just a human trait. Some people blush, others don't.

I still feel myself blushing sometimes but it no longer bothers me.

The feeling hot can be uncomfortable but again just ignore it and at the earliest opportunity go out for some fresh air or nip to the loo and cool yourself down with cold water.
Old 26th March 2008, 16:11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShyDoll
Arrrrgh! Why is it i cant manage to speak to people without my entire face burning up?!

I feel like i oughta carry a bucket of icey water round with me ready to chuck over meself when i attempt to have a sensible conversation with anyone!

next time u r getting ur hair cut why dont u purposely blush for the whole time u r sitting in the chair getting ur hair done.

this is probably the most extreme way u can get over the fear of blushing and it does takes guts but once uve done it i think ull realise that blushing infront of people is absolutley nothing, its not that bad and nothing to be afraid of
Old 26th March 2008, 19:15
voodoochild

I feel your pain shydoll!

I dont know what it is but lately it has started to happen to me too. At work, if any relatively attractive lady speaks to me I just go red because I think "dont go red because she will think you fancy her" and instantly I go red!! I dont even fancy them either!!!!!! But now they probably think I do. Its like what I tell myself not to do actually happens. I can also be talking to someone and think "I hope I dont go red now" and suddenly it starts to happen. I cant help but think about it lately. I think it happened once and now I always relate to it. SO FRUSTRATING and embarassing, which makes my SA even worse becaues I dont like people looking or studying me as it is.
Old 26th March 2008, 21:09

know exactly how you feel shy doll ,the bright fed face is so cringe worthy , makes me so mad at myself that im so obsessed with blushing , the fear of blushing is just as bad as the deed itself , everyone says only way to get over it is to not be bothered !!! but its so humiliating blushing at a hello or how are you when nobody else seems to go like a tomato at conversation and look weak and inferior , stupidly though if someone else does blush i never think that about them , sure loads of people think i fancy them even ladies must think it to ! determined going to beat this damed thing though as really fed up of living with it when its stopping me enjoying and being old me outgoing and bubbly , any suggestions welcome if you have cracked it ?!:embarass:
Old 26th March 2008, 21:29

I'm the king of blushing.

I've been controlling it a bit recently, but when it was at its worst, I was deep purple all over my face, ears and neck.

So I feel your pain, ShyDoll. It's bloomin' shit.
Old 26th March 2008, 22:41

Mood
Worried

I can really relate to this too. The only people I don't ever blush in front of are my family. I had a horrible situation at the start of this year at uni because one of my housemates thought I fancied him, when I DIDN'T, argh, I can't help it I seem to blush in front of anyone, but especially males :embarass: The worst thing for me is blushing in lectures...and I end up skipping loads because of the fear of it happening
Old 26th March 2008, 23:19

Mood
Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInTheCorner
Bet he thought he was right in there! Not as if some guys need an invitation either.
Lol...erm, no, unfortunately he was already taken and so he had a quiet word with one of my other housemates to tell her to tell me he was sorry but he's "seeing someone". She thought he was insane and when she told me I nearly died of embarassment :embarass: I've barely spoken to him all year because of it! *hides*
Old 26th March 2008, 23:30

Mood
Shoveit

Quote:
Originally Posted by girlwiththeradioheart
She thought he was insane...
He is. You didn't ask him out or enquire as to weather he was single. Imagen if you did fancy him, but never said anything to him and he took the same action. He is a bit strange
Old 26th March 2008, 23:37

Mood
Worried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diluted
He is. You didn't ask him out or enquire as to weather he was single. Imagen if you did fancy him, but never said anything to him and he took the same action. He is a bit strange
I think he's just rather arrogant and thinks he's irresistable to all women. *rolls eyes*
Closed Thread